Dungeon Scouting

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      Krelt wrote:

      Don't feel special little mouse, I like every post.
      You have failed to address my claim that your ideas basically adhere to absurdism and even reductionism to a degree.

      I have liked every post I have ever seen by you

      P.s. for liking all your posts we can settle the payment in cash as you requested.
      Ok I will address the "absurdism and even reductionism to a degree" comment. Here goes...... I disagree!
      For your settlement of payment in cash, that was actually amusing (albeit untrue). You get a like for that portion of the post.
      Good doin with business with ya mate.
      I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
    • Multi-box scouting is against the ToS and accounts can be banned for doing it HOWEVER, there is a way around SBI finding out who is scouting and because of this I don't think they can prevent it.

      1.Hardware ID; SBI tracks all devices that log into the game, this gives them a good list of what machine is running what account. A different hardware ID that has not been linked to a scouts hardware ID, so it could be a legit scout being paid.

      2. IP address; another link to the ban chain is IP address, if the public IP of a main account matches with the scouts IP then SBI can put the puzzle together and enforce a ban on all parties. Now here comes the hard part since albion is on mobile hardware and IP can be different and the only link they would have is through SBI tracking all devices that log into the game so if at one point the device used to log into the scout account logs into the main account SBI can link it.

      3. Account device list; as mentioned above is the "trusted devices" list. This is probably the fallback if the first 2 were not linked. If someone scouting isn't paying attention and logs into their main account via the other computer/device they used for scouting then SBI can and probably will ban both or all accounts that have been linked.

      I don't believe SBI is willing to do mass bans on accounts using scouts and potentially damage their player base just to appeal to a small group of players that bother diving BZ group statics.

      TBH if you want to dive statics just flag up and run around the redzone/yellow zone. Or play smart and sneak past the scout, or kill the scout and set up a net outside the static to catch them. Its not to hard with a organized group

      The post was edited 1 time, last by braveliltoasterx ().

    • The thread is alive because scouting kills content and provides "almost riskless" high fame rewards. Also it is blatantly obvious by the scouts names and fame levels that it is actually some guy multi boxing (against ToS) instead of a legitimate other player doing the scouting. At this point as has been said many times just add an alert when enemies enter while removing the A out. It must be a pain in the ass for Devs to deal with these multitude of dual account scout reports they receive.
    • Tabor wrote:

      The thread is alive because scouting kills content and provides "almost riskless" high fame rewards. Also it is blatantly obvious by the scouts names and fame levels that it is actually some guy multi boxing (against ToS) instead of a legitimate other player doing the scouting. At this point as has been said many times just add an alert when enemies enter while removing the A out. It must be a pain in the ass for Devs to deal with these multitude of dual account scout reports they receive.
      Cry more free loot wanting pvper. Scouting will stay and cya.
    • LetmeBurn wrote:

      Give people the ability to change items / skills while in combat and you will never see a scout again. Imagine get dived by 3-5 noobs in a solo dung and don't manage to run because you are running an AOE PVE build while they have gank builds...
      The reason you can't change gear or skills during combat is to avoid people baiting either duels or other PvP situations. I used to run around in Tier 1 gear, and challenge people to duels, then switch to Tier 8.3 and rock them and win silvers. I wasn't the only one doing this. It is stuff like that which is the reason they changed it so you can't switch gear. Changing it to be so you can would be a setback.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      LetmeBurn wrote:

      Give people the ability to change items / skills while in combat and you will never see a scout again. Imagine get dived by 3-5 noobs in a solo dung and don't manage to run because you are running an AOE PVE build while they have gank builds...
      The reason you can't change gear or skills during combat is to avoid people baiting either duels or other PvP situations. I used to run around in Tier 1 gear, and challenge people to duels, then switch to Tier 8.3 and rock them and win silvers. I wasn't the only one doing this. It is stuff like that which is the reason they changed it so you can't switch gear. Changing it to be so you can would be a setback.
      Maybe you can prevent people changing gear in situations like Duels. I agree 100% whit this and this wouldn't hurt any aspect of the game. But bait people in redzone / blackzone honestly shouldn't be punishable. You already have to wait 10s after changing gear and if you use any skills and change gear you need to wait for the cooldown time so I don't see why you can't change gear in combat. This would give the change to people that is getting dived to fight / run (protect himself) so you would make scouts A LOT less usefull. Nobody want to lose an expensive set of gear just because they have the wrong skills aka pve skills and can't fight / have a chance to run. I bring invis potion whit me and can easily run from divers (usualy become a problem when I face 4+ divers in solo dgs since they can leave the dg and come back while 1 still try to catch me). But if I'm on cooldown of potion is absolutely stupid because even invisible I can't change my skills and I can't fight / run whit pve build. So anyone whit half a brain will abuse the scout system.
    • LetmeBurn wrote:

      Maybe you can prevent people changing gear in situations like Duels. I agree 100% whit this and this wouldn't hurt any aspect of the game. But bait people in redzone / blackzone honestly shouldn't be punishable. You already have to wait 10s after changing gear and if you use any skills and change gear you need to wait for the cooldown time so I don't see why you can't change gear in combat. This would give the change to people that is getting dived to fight / run (protect himself) so you would make scouts A LOT less usefull. Nobody want to lose an expensive set of gear just because they have the wrong skills aka pve skills and can't fight / have a chance to run. I bring invis potion whit me and can easily run from divers (usualy become a problem when I face 4+ divers in solo dgs since they can leave the dg and come back while 1 still try to catch me). But if I'm on cooldown of potion is absolutely stupid because even invisible I can't change my skills and I can't fight / run whit pve build. So anyone whit half a brain will abuse the scout system.
      If they can mechanically figure out how to have it so you can change gear in combat in all situations except duel, then maybe it is an option they can look into, but that could be difficult coding-wise, I am not sure. Some of the other solutions suggested (including my fame restriction on even entering the Black Zone at all) might be easier and more effective.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      LetmeBurn wrote:

      Give people the ability to change items / skills while in combat and you will never see a scout again. Imagine get dived by 3-5 noobs in a solo dung and don't manage to run because you are running an AOE PVE build while they have gank builds...
      The reason you can't change gear or skills during combat is to avoid people baiting either duels or other PvP situations. I used to run around in Tier 1 gear, and challenge people to duels, then switch to Tier 8.3 and rock them and win silvers. I wasn't the only one doing this. It is stuff like that which is the reason they changed it so you can't switch gear. Changing it to be so you can would be a setback.
      This is exactly how naked duel scam works now, and if so, you theory is wrong.
      Now naked players have this option, and no one cares)
    • Would it be a lot of work to create invisible zones around portals where idle chars would be forcibly logged out much faster? Especially if naked, just on a mount or wearing lower than T7 items
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • iRawr wrote:

      This is exactly how naked duel scam works now, and if so, you theory is wrong.Now naked players have this option, and no one cares)
      Yes, naked dueling replaced switch gear dueling. Doesn't make my theory wrong. People found a new way to do it after the fix. And honestly, it is a less effective way even though it still works. A smart person will see a naked guy challenging him/her to a duel and say to themselves "Hmm, this person is naked, what is he/she going to equip if I accept?" whereas, that same smart person (who just may not be aware of the mechanics) may see someone in T1 or T2 gear and say "Oh, I can totally beat that dude" and accept. Naked dueling is way less effective than switch gear dueling. It still works on some, but the percentage is definitely lower.

      Also regarding "no one cares"... That is also untrue. There are threads here with topics like "WTH, this naked guy equipped gear after I accepted duel and beat me for silver, please help!" Perhaps you or I don't care, but it doesn't mean nobody does.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      This is exactly how naked duel scam works now, and if so, you theory is wrong.Now naked players have this option, and no one cares)
      Yes, naked dueling replaced switch gear dueling. Doesn't make my theory wrong. People found a new way to do it after the fix. And honestly, it is a less effective way even though it still works. A smart person will see a naked guy challenging him/her to a duel and say to themselves "Hmm, this person is naked, what is he/she going to equip if I accept?" whereas, that same smart person (who just may not be aware of the mechanics) may see someone in T1 or T2 gear and say "Oh, I can totally beat that dude" and accept. Naked dueling is way less effective than switch gear dueling. It still works on some, but the percentage is definitely lower.
      Also regarding "no one cares"... That is also untrue. There are threads here with topics like "WTH, this naked guy equipped gear after I accepted duel and beat me for silver, please help!" Perhaps you or I don't care, but it doesn't mean nobody does.
      I mean the guys who can easy fix it. They don't care, not the players.
    • Tmac666 wrote:

      In my opinion this annoying issue could be solved by re-spawning mobs if a player is alone in a group dungeon for a certain time. The mob should be difficult enough that a "scout" would need to defend themselves.

      Scouts would need to be actual players in actual gear - which i think is fair enough.
      People need to learn and adapt. I use scouts because people usualy dive whit 4ppl in solo dgs. This is not the worse part. The bigger problem is you can't change your gear so you don't even have a chance to run. Just to you have an idea I get dived in 4 dgs in a row and if I didn't had a scout I would probably die couple of this dives. I don't care to be outnumbered but is ridiculous that you can't change your gear and already have the unadvantage to wait 10 seconds to use skills or not being full hp.
      Divers don't want PVP. If you want PVP you go to GVG, ZVZ, ARENA or look for people whit PVP gear and fight. They want to faceroll people that can't fight back because they know they can't deal whit people that can fight back. Now whit scout I just bring an extra pvp gear and I'm getting an extra profit since I'm ready to fight and they suck.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Things a group running a dungeon can do are below. This assumes a dungeon enemy alert/A out removed compromise is made.

      *As Holly mentioned above leave a few mobs up at entrance lazy divers will not bother checking past the first few pulls. The enemy alert would only happen if non-party individuals enter after you enter so the divers would not be alerted someone is already inside.

      *Once you are alerted as the runners you can leave a few mobs up in front of you to give your group the fight advantage against the divers.

      *You can choose to try to run through mobs and kill final boss fast as that is what would spawn the exit portal (you would not get loot in this case since the chest would not open due to not clearing enough mobs).

      *You should have AoE type abilities already as the running group as will the divers. Therefore the only difference is defensives. If you run some at risk comp without planning for a potential dive that is on you. Mobs are easy to clear.

      The risk to the divers is the runners have a larger group (which is often the case all diving is not excessive numbers). The other risk is often it can take 30 to 40 minutes to even find a dungeon being ran. That is all lost money making opportunity elsewhere.
      Only shitters ask for remove a-out.

      Risk of bigger group in dungeon?
      Lol

      Risk of waste of time?

      Ok sure, but you still like x20 reward from the reward of group in dungeon.

      But the have all this risks + divers risk.

      So you ask to reduce risk for divers, who got x20 reward.

      And increase risk for players who need fame farm(new players), who got less reward.


      Why you say something about balance?
      Just say it fair, we want the free items from new players group, we want them no chance to run, we want kill secure.

      Just ask SBI kill all in dungeon right when you enter, and transfer all they gear to your bank.
      This is what you want, so ask about it loud and clear.

      And dont shit us like "we wanna pvp", if you wanna pvp - go 5v5 hellgate.

      There is alot of ppl who have pvp gear and wanna pvp, they will be happy to pvp with you.