Dungeon Scouting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dungeon Scouting

We all know naked scoults in group dungeons have been a problem for a long time, but at this point its just getting stupid... What is the point of Black Zones when you can put a scoult protecting your dungeon and just run to your hideout if some group enter your Dungeon? I've faced 3 scoults in a single dungeon, wtf is this ??? Not only that, some scoults using bot to see who is in their dungeon, that same bot that shows DPS stats... And yes, i tried to report them, but we all know albion support doesnt work, i see the same scoults every single day. Will you ever do something about this Albion?

Just disappointed about all this, scoults are a cancer
    • On the one hand people are complaining that ganking is getting out of hand, on the other hand people say ganking becomes impossible. If the game is sandbox enough to let people dive, scouts cannot be banned.
      People dont want to lose their gear but sitll wanna do BZ dungeons for fame. So you want to see who enters so you can port out. What should SBI do in your opinion? Only let in 5 group members at a time? Then the scout will just dont join the party, but discord. Wanna do an IP cap for dungeons? That would pretty much do nothing. Scout goes in with equip and dequips it once he is inside or people will just match the IP minimum with the cheapest gear possible.
      As long as others can enter the dungeon to gank SBI cannot stop scouts. It is just another player in the dungeon.
      BTW it is possible to get past scouts without them noticing.
    • Scouts using programs should be banned. But boxed scouts should be allowed. As long as i am paying for that account, i should be able to do whatever i want.
      Funny how when people have scouts around Caerleon or "bait" characters in red zones, it's a strategy, but when scouts are on the receiving side, they suddenly become "unfair".
      And yea what @Tschloerin said - you got people complaining about dungeon divers being out of control and you got the divers complaining about scouts being out of control. IMHO it means everything is working as intended :)
    • Zachary wrote:

so i actualy can play 2 accaounts from single mac adress its alowed?
      If you do NOT interact outside of cities/hideouts/personal islands - yes.
      Right now it's illegal to use your second account to "scout".
      What i am saying is - it should be perfectly fine - i am paying to play that account, i should be able to do whatever i want with it ( as long as it doesn't involve cheating or whatnot ).
      Hell, EvE has on it's launcher the option to memorize all your accounts and launch them at the same time ( or in configurable groups ).
      Albion should do the same.
    • If there is a player that wants to spend his time scouting, then there is no issue with it. Just because your ganking has been spotted doesn't mean they should be banned. Now on the other hand if there is malicious stuff involved with the scout, ofc it should be banned.
      I am sick of hearing people complain about people scouting.

/s
    • Once again people I do not feel have the problem with "scouting" per say it is the fact that people can just farm for free by using the scout/A out combination. The black zone high fame bonus's should not be something free. The balance would be just having a global dungeon alert when enemies enter but also remove the A out option from dungeons and instead just have a portal spawn at the end of dungeon after boss is killed.
    • Tabor wrote:

The balance would be just having a global dungeon alert when enemies enter but also remove the A out option from dungeons and instead just have a portal spawn at the end of dungeon after boss is killed.
      So it becomes even easier for many PvPerst to kill some people with PvE gear? Give the other team no possibility to escape? If SBI did this you would almost never be able to gank again since people wouldnt do dungeons. How about you go and fight people in the open world that want to fight you instead of wanting to hunt players that are clearly disadvantaged with PvE skills/ cooldowns and their backs against a wall.
      With that idea of yours your post became a little more pathetic
    • This is all a circular argument with people using extremes from both sides. As a diver I dive solo for SRD and at most 5 for group dungeons. Quite often I run into 2 to 4 people running the solo and groups of 7 to 9 running the groups so as the diver fight outnumbered more often than outnumbering. Others also often say people would stop running dungeons if they had to actually worry about dieing but similar to today people do not even bother diving much because the runners have it to easy with the auto scout/A out. I do not know how Albion got to this point where players feel like they should be able to get the best fame bonus in the game with 0 risk. That makes no sense. There needs to be a balance between both extremes.
    • Tabor wrote:

I do not know how Albion got to this point where players feel like they should be able to get the best fame bonus in the game with 0 risk. That makes no sense.
      But where is the risk for gankers? Get 10 people and dive a group dungeon. You guys have PvP spells , enemies have PvE skills and are weakend because they are most likely fighting a mob group. They have no way to retreat but deeper into the dungeon and meanwhile getting even more attacked by mobs. If there was no scout you would get the enemies 99 out of 100 times. So absolutely no risk and high reward for you as a ganker? Doesnt make sense either
      Just go for these corrupted dungeons once they are released. If the community likes them SBI will implement them for groups aswell
    • Things a group running a dungeon can do are below. This assumes a dungeon enemy alert/A out removed compromise is made.

*As Holly mentioned above leave a few mobs up at entrance lazy divers will not bother checking past the first few pulls. The enemy alert would only happen if non-party individuals enter after you enter so the divers would not be alerted someone is already inside.

*Once you are alerted as the runners you can leave a few mobs up in front of you to give your group the fight advantage against the divers.

*You can choose to try to run through mobs and kill final boss fast as that is what would spawn the exit portal (you would not get loot in this case since the chest would not open due to not clearing enough mobs).

*You should have AoE type abilities already as the running group as will the divers. Therefore the only difference is defensives. If you run some at risk comp without planning for a potential dive that is on you. Mobs are easy to clear.

The risk to the divers is the runners have a larger group (which is often the case all diving is not excessive numbers). The other risk is often it can take 30 to 40 minutes to even find a dungeon being ran. That is all lost money making opportunity elsewhere.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Tabor wrote:

This is all a circular argument with people using extremes from both sides. As a diver I dive solo for SRD and at most 5 for group dungeons. Quite often I run into 2 to 4 people running the solo and groups of 7 to 9 running the groups so as the diver fight outnumbered more often than outnumbering. Others also often say people would stop running dungeons if they had to actually worry about dieing but similar to today people do not even bother diving much because the runners have it to easy with the auto scout/A out. I do not know how Albion got to this point where players feel like they should be able to get the best fame bonus in the game with 0 risk. That makes no sense. There needs to be a balance between both extremes.
      If you dive with 5 for group dgs then you're diving wrong, unless you're doing dives with decent gear, since group dgs will have 5+ players 90%+ of the time. And if you run into 2-4 on solo, well, they're all probably very bad at the game with low gear to be needing that many people and you can probably solo then or win a 2v4 fight anyway. If you're running into trouble it's probably because you're not a good diver to begin with and are doing something wrong (not bringing the numbers or the IP to win the fight).

You can bypass scouts or even trap the PvE players if you're experienced enough. Hell, you can even gank then after they A out if you have a decent mount (swiftclaw, direwolf, crow, spectral bat). They're not the cheapest, but if you want to win battles you have to try a little harder than use t4 flat gear with t3 horse, enter a dg and expect to win 1m worth of loot every 5 minutes.

And, as stated by @Tschloerin, gankers have 0 risk the way things are. They either kill and get the loot or they see the farmers pressing A and running from them. Where's your risk? The way I see it, the only risk you have is to NOT get loot EVERY dg you enter. Does not seem unfair at all to me. Quite the opposite really.

A way to balance things out a little more could be that you can only enter dgs with equal numbers. So if a solo dg is being done by 1/2/3 players, only 1/2/3 divers could join (and when they do, the "A" buttom cannot be used, for example). Same for group dgs with 4/5/6/7/8 players etc. That way the scout would count as 1, but since it's probably naked, it'd handcap the farmer's numbers, so they'd use it less. On the other hand, divers wouldn't be able to bring more numbers, so they'd have to fight an even fight and would actually risk their lives and gear in the process. It'd still be an easier fight if the farmers did not bring a PvP set, but it'd be more balanced and not a 100% sure win.
    • Yeah maybe

Loholt wrote:

Tabor wrote:

This is all a circular argument with people using extremes from both sides. As a diver I dive solo for SRD and at most 5 for group dungeons. Quite often I run into 2 to 4 people running the solo and groups of 7 to 9 running the groups so as the diver fight outnumbered more often than outnumbering. Others also often say people would stop running dungeons if they had to actually worry about dieing but similar to today people do not even bother diving much because the runners have it to easy with the auto scout/A out. I do not know how Albion got to this point where players feel like they should be able to get the best fame bonus in the game with 0 risk. That makes no sense. There needs to be a balance between both extremes.
      If you dive with 5 for group dgs then you're diving wrong, unless you're doing dives with decent gear, since group dgs will have 5+ players 90%+ of the time. And if you run into 2-4 on solo, well, they're all probably very bad at the game with low gear to be needing that many people and you can probably solo then or win a 2v4 fight anyway. If you're running into trouble it's probably because you're not a good diver to begin with and are doing something wrong (not bringing the numbers or the IP to win the fight).
      You can bypass scouts or even trap the PvE players if you're experienced enough. Hell, you can even gank then after they A out if you have a decent mount (swiftclaw, direwolf, crow, spectral bat). They're not the cheapest, but if you want to win battles you have to try a little harder than use t4 flat gear with t3 horse, enter a dg and expect to win 1m worth of loot every 5 minutes.

And, as stated by @Tschloerin, gankers have 0 risk the way things are. They either kill and get the loot or they see the farmers pressing A and running from them. Where's your risk? The way I see it, the only risk you have is to NOT get loot EVERY dg you enter. Does not seem unfair at all to me. Quite the opposite really.

A way to balance things out a little more could be that you can only enter dgs with equal numbers. So if a solo dg is being done by 1/2/3 players, only 1/2/3 divers could join (and when they do, the "A" buttom cannot be used, for example). Same for group dgs with 4/5/6/7/8 players etc. That way the scout would count as 1, but since it's probably naked, it'd handcap the farmer's numbers, so they'd use it less. On the other hand, divers wouldn't be able to bring more numbers, so they'd have to fight an even fight and would actually risk their lives and gear in the process. It'd still be an easier fight if the farmers did not bring a PvP set, but it'd be more balanced and not a 100% sure win.
      Yeah, maybe this equal numbers system would work. Its just there is no risky at moment, they A out and run to a hideout, its that easy