Frost shot needs nerf

• Frost shot needs nerf

You have given the bow line way to much mobility that is cancer when combined with the supreme range the bow class already has. The range part makes sense but it is absolutely broken to give builds huge range AND the ability to always maintain that range easily. The 13m leap back from frost shot should be removed the ability itself should just be a damaging slow application.
    • Frost Shot is one of the main causes of time wasting in 2v2 Hellgates + bitch running to the portal accross the map in open world. Should be more challenging to pull off. Could use adjustments.

OP has a point.
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Problem is not in frost shot
      Problem is in hg map design
      Where you could kite forever
      I agree. map is too Circular and you will 100% aggro every mob you pass through. that what makes chasing bows a pain in the ass
      not only bows
      The same problem with OP 1shot setups, any demon boots setups, any rats
      All 2v2 hg disbalances comes from forever kite and item swap mechanics
    • kheeta wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

kheeta wrote:

I agree. map is too Circular and you will 100% aggro every mob you pass through. that what makes chasing bows a pain in the ass
      not only bowsThe same problem with OP 1shot setups, any demon boots setups, any rats
      All 2v2 hg disbalances comes from forever kite and item swap mechanics
      finally, you are in our world..

Did u not argue some time ago with me, that catching is no issue?

But I am satisfied that running in a lot of circles behind one shots somehow changed u mind, potentially after the 207. Reset

But it shows strength to change mind and openly admit it..

Really, full respect for that from my side
    • Tabor wrote:

You have given the bow line way to much mobility that is cancer when combined with the supreme range the bow class already has. The range part makes sense but it is absolutely broken to give builds huge range AND the ability to always maintain that range easily. The 13m leap back from frost shot should be removed the ability itself should just be a damaging slow application.
      Design choice.

Also it's a problem specific to warbow AND hg 2v2.

Frost shot is garbo on other bows (if you never saw other bow using frost shot in hg 2v2 there is a good reason why) also ray of light (currently nerfed on NDA with longer CD prolly because of hg and warbow) is only amazing on warbow, average to garbo for the rest. I won't talk about speed shot and explosive shot because they are blatently bad choices overall.

If you're annoyed about kiting builds and OS build in HG change should be aimed specifically on the HG itself cuz 1) it won't change anything on warbow, will hurt even more other bows (If you want to nerf warbow, you should go hit their E instead of W and Q's that affects other bows) 2) if warbow is garbo for kitig hg something else will take his place => real cause not solved 3) Adapt the playstyle or take multiples builds (with one set designed to deny kiters) for the time being until there is actually a real and effective change.
    • should we reinvent the bow for better balance? frost shot only seems to work for warbows. anything else will take ray of light. speed arrow is super bad and probaly the only one who uses it is the whispering bow which has never been in meta. as for explosive arrows. its consider decent i guess as the highest dps aoe W for bows at least until you get ray of light for the kite ability
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

kheeta wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

kheeta wrote:

not only bowsThe same problem with OP 1shot setups, any demon boots setups, any ratsAll 2v2 hg disbalances comes from forever kite and item swap mechanics
      finally, you are in our world..
      Did u not argue some time ago with me, that catching is no issue?

But I am satisfied that running in a lot of circles behind one shots somehow changed u mind, potentially after the 207. Reset

But it shows strength to change mind and openly admit it..

Really, full respect for that from my side
      u just rly bad in reading... or in understanding
      I don’t see any problem in catching runners
      You either kill them or make them flee, take loot and go next gate
      My main setup do that easily(smart choice of my build and not classic holy build)
      But there are dumb guys that don’t learn how to do that or that don’t have swap setups
      For that ppl I’m telling- no point to nerf frost shot (it’s a bit OP but not that much, especially with upcoming Ray nerf bows would completely fall out of meta) but they still would suffer from another run- setups like 1h mace etc

The post was edited 2 times, last by kheeta ().

• kheeta wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

I am going to start a new thread on reworking bows feel free to give some input

The please remember i am comparing them to crossbows and redefining each bow's purpose in the game
      no point to compareThat’s literally different weapons
      That’s like to compare spears and curse
      Both has range attacks but that’s all similar
      Ok so everybody should stop to compare axes and swords, they are literally diggerent weapons. It's like comparing spears and curse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • And regarding speedshot..

As we played 2hg speedshot was cool..

Usually it works like this

U come up with normal bow, both enemy switch mage robe..bow useless

Because even if u target just one, the other one can purge, too, because of explosive arrows

And here comes speedshot.. u don't use explosive but speed shot and just one can purge u with mage robe..

Speed shot gives enough damage on bow to compensate for missing explosive. Preload + 40 secs cd while not affected by 2. Mage robe cause no explosive but speed grants u the bow kill, even 2x mage robe...
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

And regarding speedshot..

As we played 2hg speedshot was cool..

Usually it works like this

U come up with normal bow, both enemy switch mage robe..bow useless

Because even if u target just one, the other one can purge, too, because of explosive arrows

And here comes speedshot.. u don't use explosive but speed shot and just one can purge u with mage robe..

Speed shot gives enough damage on bow to compensate for missing explosive. Preload + 40 secs cd while not affected by 2. Mage robe cause no explosive but speed grants u the bow kill, even 2x mage robe...
      A gimmick for 2v2 hg. Good for you if you get success on it.

Take it outside of 2v2 hg now.
    • Owlsane wrote:

kheeta wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

I am going to start a new thread on reworking bows feel free to give some input

The please remember i am comparing them to crossbows and redefining each bow's purpose in the game
      no point to compareThat’s literally different weaponsThat’s like to compare spears and curse
      Both has range attacks but that’s all similar
      Ok so everybody should stop to compare axes and swords, they are literally diggerent weapons. It's like comparing spears and curse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      that’s different things:
      To compare them and to balance them

You could NOT compare axe and swords Qs in their straight damage because of bleed effect on axe and mobility on sword - that’s completely different mechanics
      But we could balance them not to make one OP or underpowered

The same situation with bows and crossbows
      We should not add extra mobility to crossbow just because bows has it - that’s completely different burst weapon lines
      That’s same like compare healing power per spell from holy and nature
      One have HoTs and semi-mobility while second is almost static but much more powerful in burst healing
      What would be if we just simply make holy no-cast time and no-stand time just because nature works like that?
      That’s literally the situation with bows and crossbows
    • I know it's different. I just pointed out what you said was bad.

It has a point to compare. It always has. Not direct comparison but comparison of what both of thoses weapons bring to the context and balance it out like you said before (Ex. does the tradeoff of damage for more mobility on frost shot is balanced if we compare the burst potential of the crossbow for every content?)

Nobody is asking for a frost shot buff. People begin to ask for a nerf because a specific weapon (warbow). I guess it has to do with 2v2 hg where they have good succes. And here is the main problem of all that. They ask a nerf because of warbow and hg not because it's blatently op. Frost shot is only used on warbow. Not a single other bow use it as a main w spell (not the spells fault, it has to do with some specific other mechanics that if corrected pretty much 2 more weapon can use it efficiently).

Imo frost shot doesn't need a nerf nor a buff. Taking consideration every aspect of the game this spell is balanced, if they had to put something in check its either warbow's e or 2v2 hg and the kitting potential this content brings to the table?