When will we have any information about scouts?

• Why do pvpers cry so much? Scouts are there to protect pvers and it's a service in a SANDBOX game. Will pvpers never be happy unless they trash every single pve content in the game? We might as well just all go play a MOBA then. You already have an advantage killing people using pve builds, why so much crying. Do you want the devs to serve pvers heads to you on a silver platter?

If you guys are so adamant it's a PVP only game why not just have the devs remove dungeons? Just make it constant PVP 24/7 that way everyone will always be ready to PVP and no one will complain.

If you are not happy about people pveing in the game, why not go play Dota or league? I hear the PVP there is 24/7.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JustKillMe2 ().

• JustKillMe2 wrote:

Why do pvpers cry so much? Scouts are there to protect pvers and it's a service in a SANDBOX game. Will pvpers never be happy unless they trash every single pve content in the game? We might as well just all go play a MOBA then. You already have an advantage killing people using pve builds, why so much crying. Do you want the devs to serve pvers heads to you on a silver platter?

If you guys are so adamant it's a PVP only game why not just have the devs remove dungeons? Just make it constant PVP 24/7 that way everyone will always be ready to PVP and no one will complain.

If you are not happy about people pveing in the game, why not go play Dota or league? I hear the PVP there is 24/7.
      What they want is basically finding every solo dg someone with skill cds down and if possible also at low health so they can oneshot them with no resistance.
    • So, lets see, on one hand we have a group of 5+ players with t4.1 or t5 PvP gear diving solo dgs (when they dive group dgs, they do it with 8+), ready to catch 1-2 (in group dgs 4-6) unaware players with PvE gear, most likely at low health and with mobs agro so they can kill them all and steal all the loot they have been fighting for the last 15-30mins, just so they can think they are any good in PvP.

On the other hand we have 1-2 (or 4-6) players just minding their own business, with no way of fighting unless they A) don't play PvE or B) bring two sets to the dg, risking losing both. And the only viable way to defend themselves is to PAY for another dude to scout. Which side am I rooting for? Hmmm.

And don't mind me, I go for solo or group dgs in BZ with no scouts and try to fight back when I get ganked (I die literally 100% of the time since it's usually 1v4+, but I like the fight so, yeah, sometimes I get to kill at least one, lol), but I can see why someone would use scouts and I, personally, think they're a great idea.

"PvP" players complaining are the ones who like unfair fights when they're in the winning side (you can also read: crybabies with 0 skill in the game). Don't take me wrong, you can dive and have your fun, just don't rant when you find a scout, that's all (diving is part of the game and so is scouting, it's as simple as that).

With a scout the PvE players can either A) press A and get the hell out (not as good as you'd think since they'd be giving up on more fame and loot, but at least keep their itens and can be chased by the divers) or B) have time to equip a PvP set and go for the fun of PvP, making the fight actually fairer. So, either A or B is a good outcome, so I see no problems there.

"But... but... but... I wasted like 2 minutes finding a dg with people, now you're saying I can't win their loot?" Well, yeah, waste 2 more mins to find another and actually spend time trying to win money, like the rest of us.

If you're really interested in the PvP aspect and not just easy fights/money you'd probably go for GvGs anyway.

So don't try to hide in "I have founders pack, I played this game for 600 years, so you do as I say, I know what's best" 'cause all you're saying is that you're actually more afraid of dying than the people doing PvE content.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loholt ().

• Tabor wrote:

Divers would not mind at all if the people in dungeon were immediately alerted when enemies enter. However this only works if you fix A out because otherwise 99% of people just A out instead of preparing to fight.
      How party of 4 in PvE gear should prepare to fight 9+ pvp geared?

Not much party's will a-out, if they sure in equal numbers.

But now, they sure divers got double numbers as minimal. And this is the reason they A-out.

Same as its the reason of 99% divers doing it. They sure they will 100% win with no risk and get decent loot for it. They motivated to bring double numbers, and it is just a gameplay mistake.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• Look, scouts are there to fix a broken system. The divers have all the advantages and the dived have little to no chance without a scout.

I do agree, if your in a dungeon, you should have warning hostile's have entered the dungeon. At this point you should not be able to A out, get a bubble and run away. The game should prevent you ability to A Out unless your at the end of the dungeon and have killed the final boss. Otherwise, you have to fight your way out.

To me, this then balances the risk verses reward for both sides. The only time A Out of a dungeon should work, is if you are the only group in the dungeon, or if you aren't the final boss has been killed.

One thing I would add to that, if you A Out when hostile's are in the dungeon and the final boiss is cleared, your bubble is a lot shorter than the normal bubble you get when you A out normally.
    • TheGreek wrote:

Scouting is not bad. It's a service and an important one.
      But creating alts and using them as scouts, should not be tolerated.
      Exactly. Many people even use two accounts at the same time, even if it's against ToS.

The responsability of this is on the shoulders of guild leaders who accepts alts in their guild knowing that they're only for scouting. If you're a guild leader do your part and don't accept this in your guild if you want a better game. At least in my guild we don't accept this kind of characters. Better pay to a guildmate for its services.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Neesh wrote:

TheGreek wrote:

Exactly. Many people even use two accounts at the same time, even if it's against ToS.
      The responsability of this is on the shoulders of guild leaders who accepts alts in their guild knowing that they're only for scouting. If you're a guild leader do your part and don't accept this in your guild if you want a better game. At least in my guild we don't accept this kind of characters. Better pay to a guildmate for its services.
      Using two accounts is against TOS yes, yet go and prove that the "scout" is not my little 5 year old son who finds standing in front of dungeons "fun and engaging" activity.

Why should my guild leader block my "little 5 year old sons" account from joining guild so that enemy guild would have better game experience ganking their guild mates? By accepting those "alts" to guild, guild leaders are doing their part for THEIR guild.

Scouting will remain until engagements at solo dungeons remain unfair. Seal clubbing solo pve players with outnumbering them at closed environment needs to be addressed.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • I'm guessing we just have to kill the scout before we enter any dungeon (if you are lucky enough to spot and hammer it)

The only information about scouts is that they don't patrol alone, they have at least 2 or 3 running around in one map (I love those who wait at the entrance XD)

Is always an unfair fight especially if you are alone, but then again if you can't beat them, troll them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brock_Less_Ice ().

• Can we stop lumping all PvP players as always having the numbers advantage? I dive dungeons strictly solo and have encountered up to 4 people doing a solo lol.
      In my experience people who overnumber for an activity are usually bad anyway which leaves the option open for an outplay as long as there is somewhat possible odds.
      And sometimes in these situations they have 6 dudes or something and you have to take the hit (goes for divers too) it's sandbox PvP at the end of the day.
      But at least I die with the knowledge that the have to split that body 6 ways and they will have not improved from that encounter.
    • crokey wrote:

Can we stop lumping all PvP players as always having the numbers advantage? I dive dungeons strictly solo and have encountered up to 4 people doing a solo lol.
      In my experience people who overnumber for an activity are usually bad anyway which leaves the option open for an outplay as long as there is somewhat possible odds.
      And sometimes in these situations they have 6 dudes or something and you have to take the hit (goes for divers too) it's sandbox PvP at the end of the day.
      But at least I die with the knowledge that the have to split that body 6 ways and they will have not improved from that encounter.
      No we can't.
      On the one player like you talking about, we have 150 players who fight only if they got minimal doubled numbers.

So why you think the potential existing of PvPers, should now let us talk about the double number shitters problem?

And here, we just wants any answers on scouts.
      If SBI just remove this restriction from ToS.
    • crokey wrote:

Can we stop lumping all PvP players as always having the numbers advantage? I dive dungeons strictly solo and have encountered up to 4 people doing a solo lol.
      In 9 of 10 situation it's always the divers outnumber the guy who is doing solo dungeons. I dive too and I very rarely encounter people doing as 2 or more doing solo dgs. Fact is: divers have almost no risk involved while getting the juicy loot.
    • I mentioned this in a similar thread but the idea of a notice saying "hostiles have entered" may not be a great idea because then a dive group can skip half way into a fresh dungeon, then wait for that notification, A out, and re-enter a minute later to kill the legit PVE group that they know is in there.

I kind of like the solution of not being able to A out but not necessarily have an exit at the end only. Make multiple exits, like in a hell gate. And also like a hell gate, a specific amount of time must have passed before the exit is usable. Since this mechanic exists in the game already, it probably won't be hard to add it to a dungeon.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

I mentioned this in a similar thread but the idea of a notice saying "hostiles have entered" may not be a great idea because then a dive group can skip half way into a fresh dungeon, then wait for that notification, A out, and re-enter a minute later to kill the legit PVE group that they know is in there.

I kind of like the solution of not being able to A out but not necessarily have an exit at the end only. Make multiple exits, like in a hell gate. And also like a hell gate, a specific amount of time must have passed before the exit is usable. Since this mechanic exists in the game already, it probably won't be hard to add it to a dungeon.
      "but.. but then pve players will have a chance to get away or even kill me 1vs1 i don't want that i want free loot :'(2
      - some pvpers while running 8.3 gear in 4 man group and diving t6 bz solo dgs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Binhood ().

• Binhood wrote:

"but.. but then pve players will have a change to get away or even kill me 1vs1 i don't want that i want free loot :'(2- some pvpers while running 8.3 gear in 4 man group and diving t6 bz solo dgs
      Yeah I get it. It's funny when gankers complain that it isn't easy enough to gank. Next portal/zone gankers will complain that random dungeons are spawning too close to their portal ganking spots, allowing passer bys to go grab a bubble first and get past them safely.
    • Binhood wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

I mentioned this in a similar thread but the idea of a notice saying "hostiles have entered" may not be a great idea because then a dive group can skip half way into a fresh dungeon, then wait for that notification, A out, and re-enter a minute later to kill the legit PVE group that they know is in there.

"but.. but then pve players will have a change to get away or even kill me 1vs1 i don't want that i want free loot :'(2- some pvpers while running 8.3 gear in 4 man group and diving t6 bz solo dgs
      That why they suggest to "lock PvE group and dont let em escape", but in this suggestions, no one say "not more then 5 players can enter the dungeon to dive".

So what the real point to lock PvE group in the dungeon, and inform they got dived, if they got dived by 9+ PvP group.

Ofc its clearly mean, we want kill PvE group with no risk, please SBI dont let em A-out, so we can easily kill em and have all they gear with no risk by unlimited group.
      And we dont like they have chance to escape!

So the question is, why dont you just ask SBI to kill all players in the dungeon right when you enter it, and send all they gear to your bank? Will be obviously?
      Well dont warry, its still obvious.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• Lohend wrote:

Neesh wrote:

TheGreek wrote:

Exactly. Many people even use two accounts at the same time, even if it's against ToS.The responsability of this is on the shoulders of guild leaders who accepts alts in their guild knowing that they're only for scouting. If you're a guild leader do your part and don't accept this in your guild if you want a better game. At least in my guild we don't accept this kind of characters. Better pay to a guildmate for its services.
      Using two accounts is against TOS yes, yet go and prove that the "scout" is not my little 5 year old son who finds standing in front of dungeons "fun and engaging" activity.
      Why should my guild leader block my "little 5 year old sons" account from joining guild so that enemy guild would have better game experience ganking their guild mates? By accepting those "alts" to guild, guild leaders are doing their part for THEIR guild.

Scouting will remain until engagements at solo dungeons remain unfair. Seal clubbing solo pve players with outnumbering them at closed environment needs to be addressed.
      Nah man they can hire other real guildmates and pay them, it's good for newbies, and in the end, good for the guild. We're perfectly fine and I don't accept alt for scouting. People will have to go that shit to another guild, and do you know what? They straight up say that it's their "scout alt", only one dude told me that sometimes also his "5yo brother" like to scout and I still didn't accept him because my guild, my rules, also I'm not stupid to believe such thing. Does that hurt us? Not a lot, I have 2 full guilds.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN