Arena Feedback and PvP inclusiveness

• Arena Feedback and PvP inclusiveness

Good morning to the community and the Albion team. I’m loving this game and this is specifically constructive criticism.

The last patch increased rewards to 40K, included UI changes, and more incentives to play healer. As of yesterday, my queue times were amazingly short. Played arena almost all day, but that brings me to my point.
      Rewards for Arena should not be limited to 3 times per day.

Realistically speaking, this is a PvP sandbox MMO. With a rise in the community as of late and with the focus of this game being centered around PvP, rewards for the arena should be unlimited. With that being said, a decrease in the rewards from 40k to something lower is acceptable obviously because people could grind this all day.

More importantly, by limiting 3 rewards per day, you are burning the folks who are not in a major PvP guild and don’t want to risk full loot in zones. There is nothing wrong with playing Arena’s IMO. If rewards are less than that of full loot zones, people will still be incentivized to play GvG and open world PvP. Not to mention, with an included ranking system or title system for arenas, new skins and aesthetic rewards, and a similar reputation system to GvG, we could see an entirely new community of infamous Arena players.

Having more arena support means lower queue times, awesome practice for PvPers, an amazing addition to the already awesome pvp community, and an entirely new way to make your name in Albion.

thanks guys again for the awesome game!
    • Arena is not full time content and I don't agree that it should be unlimited reward per day. This would promote 5 man premades grind the arena endlessly. Value of reward (Arena tokens) would drop drastically and so would prices for arena skins etc. Decrease rewards? No thank you.
      Second point against unlimited would be that people would burn out over arena pretty fast and queue times would be chaotic. Sometime fast sometimes slow, at the moment we get at least some kind of load balancing for queue times. Someone would grind 1-2 days straight arena only and then wont play it for a week? I'd rather have few matches each day.

Only thing that it is missing at the moment is match history and perhaps some kind of performance ranking.

Arena is stepping stone for Crystal League where you should aim for.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lohend ().

• What’s wrong with a constant premade grind? Guild wars had the same content, GvG was the main focus but other branches of PvP were still huge and titles/reputation were a big deal. Decrease rewards so that it could eliminate PvE grind if that doesn’t interest you. Increase accessibility of PvP to the beginner and PvE folks. Decreased queue times for everyone and overall more PvP players. Prices for skins decreasing is a simple solution, increase skin costs, add tiers of skins based off of wins and accomplishments in arena. Most of these arguments you have are weak even in the surface level. I agree, Crystal league is where you should aim, but there’s nothing wrong with an arena scene that’s large. It wouldn’t even divide the community, if anything, while people wait for GvG, they can play arena. This would overall raise the skill ceiling for anyone dedicated to PvP.
    • If you like 5v5 do yourself some hellgates, there's absolutely no point of keeping more player in cities, we need more people out there contesting hellgates and fighting for their lives. Arena is fine as it is, its a good starting point for new players, move on to yellow hellgates if you're still scared you can take cheap gear and still do fine
    • I would have to disagree that it raises the skill of dedicated PvPers. Fighting in your best designed gear, in a situation that you will not lose said gear, is completely different than fighting in 'sacrificial' gear that you can lose at any time. Different type of fight. Different thinking goes into, "Am I prepared to lose what I am wearing?". Even if it is 'cheap' gear, it still costs something. And, you also do not get the benefit of having a guaranteed 'same level' fighter on the other side.

I think Rangerrrr would be right, if PvP is your 'thing', then get out there and do your thing.

I am of the opinion that, if the majority of this game is PvP focused, why have rewards for non-risk activities at all? If anything, the rewards should be reduced to push players out.

If you want more PvE content, then ask for that, instead of more rewards for PvP 'lite'.

That being said, it would be nice to have an arena-like area to practice ZvZ with another guild. But, I guess it adds to the experience, when a gatherer gets caught up in a massive practice battle.
    • @Dardanny
      I like your concept of adjusting how the Arena works. I agree that this
      is an area that needs attention. Here are some of my thoughts.

Award Fame Per Kill
      • When a player is killed, fame is awarded.
      • This could be based on item power of items in inventory.
      • Fame awarded is split amongst number of players in range.
      • These values could be calculated to be consistent with Expeditions.
      • Tome of Insight awarded to winning team, one additional Insight awarded to both healers.
      More Variations w/ Time CaCa
      • Capture The Flag
      • Zone Control
      • Arena : Kill Enemy
      • Provide a randomize Que option that awards one Tome.
      Matchmaking and Revolving DoDoo
      • Base matchmaking on Item Power of items in Inventory.
      • Auto remove idle players.
      • Allow players to join Arena if team member leaves.
      Additional Ideas
      • 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10 modes.
      • Remove ability to switch items after game begins.
    • Jerbready wrote:

@Dardanny

Award Fame Per Kill
      • Tome of Insight awarded to winning team, one additional Insight awarded to both healers.
      • Capture The Flag
      • Zone Control
      Additional Ideas

What about we also add an arena mode with resources so that gatherers just stay in town too ? There are way more interesting games if you're interested in instanced riskless pvp content ...
    • Rangerrrr wrote:

Jerbready wrote:

@Dardanny

Award Fame Per Kill
      • Capture The Flag
      • Zone Control
      Additional Ideas

What about we also add an arena mode with resources so that gatherers just stay in town too ? There are way more interesting games if you're interested in instanced riskless pvp content ...
      It's true, there are many games out there I could play. However, I find this one enjoyable. Its probably safe to say I enjoy different aspects of it than you do... and that's ok. I think having zvz, world pvp, and other aspects are great. I don't have to partake in the elements I don't find enjoyable. One of the great parts about this game is the many different ways it can be played and enjoyed. The developers seem to care about what their players want... Not just those who enjoy ganking in the black zones. So untill they take away all "safe" pvp, I'll continue giving feedback on what I think will make the gameplay more enjoyable for me and others like me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jerbready: Trying to be more kind. ().