NDA Balance Playtests, May 22nd feedback

    • NDA Balance Playtests, May 22nd feedback

      NDA Balance Playtests


      This thread is meant to discuss these unfinished changes.


      Retroman wrote:

      Bows

      • Ray of Light (all Bows)
        • Cooldown: 10s -> 14s


      Armors

      • Levitate (Cultist Robe)
        • Added a 0.5s delay before the first tick
        • Tick Interval: 0.5s -> 1s
        • Heal & energy per tick: 3% -> 5%
        • Number of ticks: 10 -> 5
      Shoes

      • Vengeful Sprint (Demon Boots)
        • Cooldown: 30s -> 60s


      1v1 and 2v2, small scale will be different :thumbs_up:


      Holy Staffs
      • Self Healing Sickness
        • Healing Reduction: 25% -> 40%
      Nature Staffs
      • Self Healing Sickness
        • Healing Reduction: 25% -> 40%

      I did not participate in the play tests due to my plebian status so I do not know if those values are fair but if prolonged self healing will give nasty healing debuff to the healer that's what I like. I have faith you are bringing those changes forth having in mind seasonal reward battle mount "healing" modifiers coming in all of this :wink:

      I am not sure how it influence 5v5s/Crystals and ZvZ in the long run...

      I am personally looking forward to more healing debuff oriented fights :thumbs_up:
      Nature Staffs
      • Revitalize (all Nature Staffs)
        • Damage now decreases the channel time stronger (Disruptionfactor: 5 -> 10

      I am curious about this change. Was Nature really that powerful in 1v1 situations? Considering the new healing reduction Retroman just announced. Maybe you have tested it through and I do not know...

      The post was edited 12 times, last by keyfouyr ().

    • kheeta wrote:

      Nature is pretty strong in solo play
      And it’ll be even after this changes
      I think SBI should find another way to balance it not just adding disruptions or higher cd
      Not to make it garbage in group but still keep it op in solo
      do u even play nature, really, just asking..

      Mage robe counters nature pretty hard

      The W does zero heal output if under damage


      The only way nature works, is, find a noob who doesn't use mage robe properly and use demon boots run or any other gap creater to W in a silent corner

      Even today the W under damage just heals the amount it gets damaged while W. Zero net heal outcome if damaged is today already not existent..

      What makes nature strong is reflect stacking, but that is same true for bow curse and anything using reflect vs people bursting into reflect and not purging it..
    • Hello @Korn,

      In my post, I described that HP pool vs DMG is unbalanced due to debuff and Albion loses it's character, ZvZ loses it's dynamics and overall it's not as exciting as it used to be. The less dynamics = the less possibility for smaller quality players to win outnumbered battles.

      Misc

      • Bonus AoE Escalation per player: 10% -> 7%
      • AoE Escalation max bonus: 100% -> 70%
      • Maximum Ability Damage Increase from buffs: 150% -> 100%


      With this change, and remaining debuff you are in fact nerfing solo guilds who abuse alliance restrictions which is indeed positive, but also you go in a wrong direction. Battles will be full of bloodletters and burning jackets, no more effective actions which made albion videos so great. Anyone who played with zerg debuff will confirm it's completely broken state of something that used to work great. Albion ZvZ used to be very hard and rewarding because it punished you for every single mistake and smaller guilds could win against larger armies when they were able to quickly wipe half of enemy zerg.

      From the very moment of increasing HP, nerfing 1 hit weapons it is only better for unskilled zombie hordes and this change is definitive end to what was beautiful about albion's mass fights.

      The reason why you decided to do that might have been community feedback, but I believe everyone who said to lower Maximum buff meant to remove debuff at the same time. The idea is to balance zerg dmg vs bomb squads, not nerfing AoE weapons to the ground and giving even more space to burning jackets and overtime dmg which is completely boring and doesn't require positioning yourself, having great timing, understanding of enemy cooldown, taking a risk of having low mobility but rewarding you with ability to take down 20 players in a second.

      Just please, don't push this change into LIVE without removing debuff and ensuring AoE weapons are still able to wipe whole stacks when fired together at the same targets. Make albion hardcore again, please...

      Thanks

      The post was edited 1 time, last by glokz ().

    • glokz wrote:

      Hello @Korn,

      In my post, I described that HP pool vs DMG is unbalanced due to debuff and Albion loses it's character, ZvZ loses it's dynamics and overall it's not as exciting as it used to be. The less dynamics = the less possibility for smaller quality players to win outnumbered battles.

      Misc

      • Bonus AoE Escalation per player: 10% -> 7%
      • AoE Escalation max bonus: 100% -> 70%
      • Maximum Ability Damage Increase from buffs: 150% -> 100%

      With this change, and remaining debuff you are in fact nerfing solo guilds who abuse alliance restrictions which is indeed positive, but also you go in a wrong direction. Battles will be full of bloodletters and burning jackets, no more effective actions which made albion videos so great. Anyone who played with zerg debuff will confirm it's completely broken state of something that used to work great. Albion ZvZ used to be very hard and rewarding because it punished you for every single mistake and smaller guilds could win against larger armies when they were able to quickly wipe half of enemy zerg.

      From the very moment of increasing HP, nerfing 1 hit weapons it is only better for unskilled zombie hordes and this change is definitive end to what was beautiful about albion's mass fights.

      The reason why you decided to do that might have been community feedback, but I believe everyone who said to lower Maximum buff meant to remove debuff at the same time. The idea is to balance zerg dmg vs bomb squads, not nerfing AoE weapons to the ground and giving even more space to burning jackets and overtime dmg which is completely boring and doesn't require positioning yourself, having great timing, understanding of enemy cooldown, taking a risk of having low mobility but rewarding you with ability to take down 20 players in a second.

      Just please, don't push this change into LIVE without removing debuff and ensuring AoE weapons are still able to wipe whole stacks when fired together at the same targets. Make albion hardcore again, please...

      Thanks
      I think the patch has 2 goals:

      Looking at ray, cultist, nature & holy + demon boots changes

      The consequences is not 1on1 balance, if u ask me, consequences is, prevent Solo players from having a chance vs many

      Demon boots was the escape tool, cultist the heal tool after demon boots, great nature the tool to wipe inexperienced zombies ..

      All hard nerved

      While the braindead solo tools like guardian helmet on mage robe ..used on frost shot persist

      Now look at the ZvZ changes..

      The skill of positioning and the punishment of Missposition gets removed.. a beamed brimmi can no longer destroy a cump of ZvZ zombies..

      That's completely removing any skill, but well, maybe it is what the market need and want, who knows

      I for myself doubt that nerving solo vs groups is the right approach, but well, we and they will find out
    • SHRlKE wrote:

      Ray of light nerf is welcome, but it isn't the biggest problem on bows, first thing they should nerf is frost shot, that's what allows for endless kiting and makes warbows such cancer in solo/duo play... do they even play their own game?
      well, I have actually 2 potential guesses

      Ray was in discussion and complain around a year ago, while frost is in discussion since like 6 months

      Maybe frost and guardian helmet that are under user criticism since around 6 months will get in same time frame under focus

      Or

      Arcane Mimic has ray option. Though I don't know, the details of the mechanic, it might be, that it gets too stronk on arcane ..though the description of arcane mimic, if it is permanent copy, it works once, it has arcane mimic CD or cd of the skill u copy is unknown..
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      Those changes are directly related to the new content "solo corrupted dungeons".

      They are nerfing overhealing and scape builds.
      highly unlikely regarding escape builds

      Nerv on demon boots does nothing for escape on solo builds. Invis cape / demon boots, whatever boots is not fixable..

      The design of the dungeon and the objective needs to counter escape builds..

      Whatever u build, won't catch me on sword, especially carving or dual as long as there are mobs I can stack

      Regarding heals, maybe, though doubt it, too

      Look: holy heal sickness kicks in, after 14 or 15 q and lasts 5 secs then it is reset
      Option 1: just iceblock to sit the 5 secs out then u can heal again
      Option 2: just Giga or run away till 5 secs are over
      Option 3: just use big heal on q, not flash, u never get in heal sickness as holy
      Option 4: for solo / smite u mostly use divine anyway.. so all 25 secs an option to shield 5 secs to reset heal sickness

      Healing sickness in solo, is non existent for holy

      Now look at nature - in solo nature has thorns on q.. so impossible to trigger heal sickness...

      And in duo, I simply do one out of 10 q to my partner and heal sickness is reset


      Healing sickness as it is currently is neither an issue nor relevant nor it does anything..

      So I have no clue what they intend
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      ImaDoki wrote:

      Those changes are directly related to the new content "solo corrupted dungeons".

      They are nerfing overhealing and scape builds.
      highly unlikely regarding escape builds
      Nerv on demon boots does nothing for escape on solo builds. Invis cape / demon boots, whatever boots is not fixable..

      The design of the dungeon and the objective needs to counter escape builds..

      Whatever u build, won't catch me on sword, especially carving or dual as long as there are mobs I can stack

      Regarding heals, maybe, though doubt it, too

      Look: holy heal sickness kicks in, after 14 or 15 q and lasts 5 secs then it is reset
      Option 1: just iceblock to sit the 5 secs out then u can heal again
      Option 2: just Giga or run away till 5 secs are over
      Option 3: just use big heal on q, not flash, u never get in heal sickness as holy
      Option 4: for solo / smite u mostly use divine anyway.. so all 25 secs an option to shield 5 secs to reset heal sickness

      Healing sickness in solo, is non existent for holy

      Now look at nature - in solo nature has thorns on q.. so impossible to trigger heal sickness...

      And in duo, I simply do one out of 10 q to my partner and heal sickness is reset


      Healing sickness as it is currently is neither an issue nor relevant nor it does anything..

      So I have no clue what they intend
      The biggest thing to be taken into consideration is that we have 0 informartion on how the mechanic of 'invasion' and 'repeling of the invasion' work.

      So even if someone decides to run, it is a bad thing for them since there are objectives to be met inside the dungeon (be it the final boss or something important that kicks the intruder.), so escape builds aren't optimal and the nerf on demon boots is more to avoid a lot of 'engage disengage' situations.

      Healers have low Kill pressure so they are easily runnable from, they won't make objectives fast too and Iceblock has a considerable cooldown. Big heal on Q is also easily interruptable and heal less overtime than flash heal.

      They also nerfed a bit kiting builds (read bow builds) but we still have frost shot.

      Let's wait and see what comes next... too soon to make assumptions.
    • " Maximum Ability Damage Increase from buffs: 150% -> 100% "

      This is a problem.

      SBI, do not do this for all weapons, but rather for some weapons like gallatines, brimstone and so on. Let weaker weapons stack damage buffs just for the sake of fun - as it would be even too boring to play some non meta weapons without stacking damage for stupid fun combos : )
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Nature is pretty strong in solo play
      And it’ll be even after this changes
      I think SBI should find another way to balance it not just adding disruptions or higher cd
      Not to make it garbage in group but still keep it op in solo
      do u even play nature, really, just asking..
      Mage robe counters nature pretty hard

      The W does zero heal output if under damage


      The only way nature works, is, find a noob who doesn't use mage robe properly and use demon boots run or any other gap creater to W in a silent corner

      Even today the W under damage just heals the amount it gets damaged while W. Zero net heal outcome if damaged is today already not existent..

      What makes nature strong is reflect stacking, but that is same true for bow curse and anything using reflect vs people bursting into reflect and not purging it..
      yeap
      I have 300+/400 nature on twink and love that brainless 1button pve
      I run great nature/mage robe/hunters hood/demon boots/ undead cape build
      And I rarely face situations when I can’t win or can’t run away
      Yes there are hard counters to this build
      But many builds in this game has hard counters
      My main dagger build is also hard countered by hunters hood and kite but I’m not crying
      Nature is pretty strong even vs mage robes because of CDs
      If you rotate your skills properly and predict your enemy you could still win
      Nature is not much more vulnerable to purge compared to regular bow for example but it’s still possible to win won’t you argue that?
    • kheeta wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Nature is pretty strong in solo play
      And it’ll be even after this changes
      I think SBI should find another way to balance it not just adding disruptions or higher cd
      Not to make it garbage in group but still keep it op in solo
      do u even play nature, really, just asking..Mage robe counters nature pretty hard

      The W does zero heal output if under damage


      The only way nature works, is, find a noob who doesn't use mage robe properly and use demon boots run or any other gap creater to W in a silent corner

      Even today the W under damage just heals the amount it gets damaged while W. Zero net heal outcome if damaged is today already not existent..

      What makes nature strong is reflect stacking, but that is same true for bow curse and anything using reflect vs people bursting into reflect and not purging it..
      yeapI have 300+/400 nature on twink and love that brainless 1button pve
      I run great nature/mage robe/hunters hood/demon boots/ undead cape build
      And I rarely face situations when I can’t win or can’t run away
      Yes there are hard counters to this build
      But many builds in this game has hard counters
      My main dagger build is also hard countered by hunters hood and kite but I’m not crying
      Nature is pretty strong even vs mage robes because of CDs
      If you rotate your skills properly and predict your enemy you could still win
      Nature is not much more vulnerable to purge compared to regular bow for example but it’s still possible to win won’t you argue that?
      with the W change on nature that comes still able to win?

      Vs longbow in plate armor, ya might work honey
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Nature is pretty strong in solo play
      And it’ll be even after this changes
      I think SBI should find another way to balance it not just adding disruptions or higher cd
      Not to make it garbage in group but still keep it op in solo
      do u even play nature, really, just asking..Mage robe counters nature pretty hard
      The W does zero heal output if under damage


      The only way nature works, is, find a noob who doesn't use mage robe properly and use demon boots run or any other gap creater to W in a silent corner

      Even today the W under damage just heals the amount it gets damaged while W. Zero net heal outcome if damaged is today already not existent..

      What makes nature strong is reflect stacking, but that is same true for bow curse and anything using reflect vs people bursting into reflect and not purging it..
      yeapI have 300+/400 nature on twink and love that brainless 1button pveI run great nature/mage robe/hunters hood/demon boots/ undead cape build
      And I rarely face situations when I can’t win or can’t run away
      Yes there are hard counters to this build
      But many builds in this game has hard counters
      My main dagger build is also hard countered by hunters hood and kite but I’m not crying
      Nature is pretty strong even vs mage robes because of CDs
      If you rotate your skills properly and predict your enemy you could still win
      Nature is not much more vulnerable to purge compared to regular bow for example but it’s still possible to win won’t you argue that?
      with the W change on nature that comes still able to win?
      Vs longbow in plate armor, ya might work honey
      Like I said you could either win or run away in that build
      I’m not tellin you nature is strong in solo pvp
      It’s just usable and not so bad
      W changes don’t nerf nature as hard as 60 sec cd demon boots nerf does