Light crossbow time to nerf

• Light crossbow time to nerf

I didn't actually have too many encounters with it (luckily) but everyone is saying it's OP and whenever I see it it does feel stupidly strong.
      It is strong in 1v1 while having range, some aoe dmg, debuff/cc option, while battleaxe which is obviously supposed to be a 1v1 weapon have no reach, cc, and no real aoe.
      To be honest looking at the crossbow W-s feel insane a bit they all have very short cooldowns, similar W-s have usually have double the cooldown,
      Light crossbow's "knockback shot" W has a 8s cooldown while Warbow's "frost shot" has a 15s while they are supposed to fill the same role, so I think it just needs to have those cooldowns increased, but what do you guys think?
    • Warmas wrote:

I didn't actually have too many encounters with it (luckily) but everyone is saying it's OP and whenever I see it it does feel stupidly strong.
      It is strong in 1v1 while having range, some aoe dmg, debuff/cc option, while battleaxe which is obviously supposed to be a 1v1 weapon have no reach, cc, and no real aoe.
      To be honest looking at the crossbow W-s feel insane a bit they all have very short cooldowns, similar W-s have usually have double the cooldown,
      Light crossbow's "knockback shot" W has a 8s cooldown while Warbow's "frost shot" has a 15s while they are supposed to fill the same role, so I think it just needs to have those cooldowns increased, but what do you guys think?
      use ray and stop cry
    • MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

My issue with light xbow is that it’s crazy strong for a point and click weapon with such low cds. It requires zero skill.
      1hand sword and 1 hand dagger also require zero skill with low cooldowns and are stronger than light crossbow.
      The only thing light crossbow needs is to be effected by reflect on the E.
      sword need stucks
      Both swords and dagger need to be careful with reflect
      Both are melee so they are literally in underpowered position
      Both have higher core skills cd

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      On small scale it’s better from any side
    • kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

My issue with light xbow is that it’s crazy strong for a point and click weapon with such low cds. It requires zero skill.
      1hand sword and 1 hand dagger also require zero skill with low cooldowns and are stronger than light crossbow.The only thing light crossbow needs is to be effected by reflect on the E.
      sword need stucksBoth swords and dagger need to be careful with reflect

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      Do comparison with ranged weapons
    • kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

1hand sword and 1 hand dagger also require zero skill with low cooldowns and are stronger than light crossbow.The only thing light crossbow needs is to be effected by reflect on the E.

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      What you all don't know or don't mention, dunno what is worse..

LC can be completly mitigated by 2 guardian helmets...

The E is removeable by simple use "the only helm to solve it all" which is quite common...

In 2 hg e.g. 2 warbows on guardian helmet laugh about a light crossbow as soon as they find out, they can completly take away the E..

a sword cannot be mitigated by one item..nor does the dagger
    • Of course it needs to be nerfed.

Light crossbow is considered a brain dead weapon you can play even if you have 350 ping or more. Why ? Because :

1) It has no skillshots.
      2) You hit W and E and you completely destroy your oponnent.
      3) Q hits pretty darn hard

This weapon is a joke, and shouldn´t exist in albion.

Now some people might complain and claim that you can easily counter it by guardian helm, soldier helm or whatever. But that´s not how it really works.It´s that the cooldown on xbow is 15 seconds - so even if you have a counter to that, you are gonna die in 15 seconds then.

The main problem with this weapon is not that it can be countered, but that if you do not have a counter - you DIE. And the combo is NOT A SKILLSHOT. And that´s the real problem with this weapon.

So any brain dead person can just hit W and E with his eyes closed and unless you have a counter to that, you are simply dead.

I have no problems trying to fight 1 v 5 or more, but if i see even one light crossbow - i am out. Because there is nothing i can do about that. He just pops W and E and i am done. That´s not only not fun, but also quite stupid.

Hope SBI will nerf it, but considering that crossbows are insanely OP, i am a bit skeptical about it. Look at Weeping Repeater - that´s just a definition of OP. Oh well, that´s how it is.
    • kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      So you're saying high ping players like myself and a large majority of the player base (since most players are outside of the US) should not have options to compete in Albion and should merely be fodder for US players?
    • kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      Cross has higher DPS than dagger? You've got to be kidding, nothing in the game can melt someone faster than a dagger with a cheap hunter jacket and torch.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MekaDeth ().

• Owlsane wrote:

kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

sword need stucksBoth swords and dagger need to be careful with reflectBoth are melee so they are literally in underpowered position

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      Do comparison with ranged weapons
      He compared to sword and dagger so I compared to
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

sword need stucksBoth swords and dagger need to be careful with reflectBoth are melee so they are literally in underpowered position

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      What you all don't know or don't mention, dunno what is worse..
      LC can be completly mitigated by 2 guardian helmets...

The E is removeable by simple use "the only helm to solve it all" which is quite common...

In 2 hg e.g. 2 warbows on guardian helmet laugh about a light crossbow as soon as they find out, they can completly take away the E..

a sword cannot be mitigated by one item..nor does the dagger
      yes this problem exists
      But that’s equal trade to completely no brain and safe combo that eats 70% of enemy hp in 3 secs
      Besides not ONE item mitigate crossbow but TWO items
      Cleric robe + hunters hood fck 1h dagger even harder because dagger has literally no dps without E while LC has some mid-tier dps with W+Q
      Smart hg team would chain fear/reflect/purge/knockback and would counter dagger setup much harder than double guardian helm warbows counter LC

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• MekaDeth wrote:

kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      Cross has higher DPS than dagger? You've got to be kidding, nothing in the game can melt someone faster than a dagger with a cheap hunter jacket and torch.
      They both melt ppl from 100 to 30% hp in short time
      But
      Cross has burst that make that dps x3 faster
      Cross combo is targeted , you could do it with closed eyes
      Cross has much shorter cd- you could do it’s combo 3 times while 1h dagger makes it 1 time
      Crossbow combo is all about weapon skills
      While dagger need to combine E +jacket
      (Purge vulnerable,reflect vulnerable, kite vulnerable)
      So cross potentially has +1 free save skill on chest
      Cross couldn’t kill itself in 2 secs with reflect

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

kheeta wrote:

MekaDeth wrote:

Helthros wrote:

sword need stucksBoth swords and dagger need to be careful with reflectBoth are melee so they are literally in underpowered positionBoth have higher core skills cd

Cross has higher dps
      Higher burst
      Knockbacks
      Reflect invulnerable
      Ranged
      They both melt ppl from 100 to 30% hp in short timeBut
      Cross has burst that make that dps x3 faster
      Cross combo is targeted , you could do it with closed eyes
      Cross has much shorter cd- you could do it’s combo 3 times while 1h dagger makes it 1 time
      Crossbow combo is all about weapon skills
      While dagger need to combine E +jacket
      (Purge vulnerable,reflect vulnerable, kite vulnerable)
      So cross potentially has +1 free save skill on chest
      Cross couldn’t kill itself in 2 secs with reflect
      Cool mythic story bro