Remove Time Limit On Referrals

• Remove Time Limit On Referrals

First, I have to say that Support Tickets are responded to very quickly! I appreciate that.

However, I recently referred someone, and they purchased premium. However, they didn't purchase within a few days of playing, so now I don't get credit for them joining.

Why, in a free-to-play game(or any game with a referral program), would you not allow people to enjoy the game for a while before adding a referrer to their account?
      Why is there a time limit on this?

Each and every account should have the ability to add one referrer(excluding their own account) with no time frame attached. If they purchased premium, they should be able to hand out a credit for that.
    • I believe there's been some confusion here. To be clear; there is no time-limit on how quickly the player you referred purchases premium for you to qualify for referral rewards. They can purchase premium 5 seconds, 5 months or 5 years after you've referred them and you will still receive rewards.

It seems you're referring to a situation in which the account was not actually registered via the referral system and tried to do so retroactively via support.

Lobotimer wrote:

Each and every account should have the ability to add one referrer(excluding their own account) with no time frame attached. If they purchased premium, they should be able to hand out a credit for that.
      Such a system could be exploited. And since the referral reward includes Gold - it definitely would be exploited.

The only way of making such a system work (and not have it negatively impact the in-game economy) would be to decrease the value of referral rewards. But that would disincentivize legitimate referrals, which defeats the purpose of having such a system in the first place.
    • Thank you for responding. You are correct, I told a friend about the game, they downloaded it, found it enjoyable and decided to purchase premium. I told them to put me as a referrer, and then we found that you couldn't because we didn't follow the right steps. I contacted support and was told, no. Which is why I am here, offering my 'feedback & suggestions' to the community and company.

Could you explain the exploitation of 'one referral per account'? I am confused as to how this could be exploited.

If getting a referral for a measly 500 gold is economy exploitation, wait till you here about how people can buy gold, however much they want. Sorry for being sarcastic, I am more interested in the referral skin.

All I am saying is, if there is a referral system(especially in a free-to-play game), then make it work. Having it tied to certain steps to follow, or time-frames is ridiculous. The easiest way would be to give each premium account the ability to add a referrer.