Personal Islands

• Personal Islands

Island Suggestions

I generally am one to collect Island items and like to decorate my island. Are there any plans in the future to let players-

1) Rotate buildings to match the roads
      2) Introduce more decorations
      3) Keep the same number of Item/laborer slots in each houses but let people decorate the home and not waste slots. I hate going into each building and seeing it crammed with trophies just to get max returns and not being able to break up that look with other items.
      4) Move or pay to move your island to another city? After you have sunk endless amounts of time and effort into your island its not fair to just say build another one in a different city, possibly move the decorations and building but no items aloud in chests?
      5) Customize your island placements. Generally I dislike the highest level Island layout and would like to move my farms to the outskirts while having my little village in the center.
      6) Choose different types of islands. Example - A Morgana style island or snow Island.

Edit*
      7) (NgeDiliGani) - Let us have an option to remove basic recourse nodes from the Island. T1 Trees/bushes/rocks growing through my decorations or preventing me from placing items near them is a pain.

The post was edited 2 times, last by woneyed: Updated with more ideas ().

• woneyed wrote:

Island Suggestions

I generally am one to collect Island items and like to decorate my island. Are there any plans in the future to let players-

1) Rotate buildings to match the roads
      2) Introduce more decorations
      3) Keep the same number of Item/laborer slots in each houses but let people decorate the home and not waste slots. I hate going into each building and seeing it crammed with trophies just to get max returns and not being able to break up that look with other items.
      4) Move or pay to move your island to another city? After you have sunk endless amounts of time and effort into your island its not fair to just say build another one in a different city. Some of us are not Hell Gaters and play solo, so duplicating that kind of time and effort is crazy.
      5) Customize your island placements. Generally I dislike the highest level Island layout and would like to move my farms to the outskirts while having my little village in the center.
      6) Choose different types of islands. Example - A Morgana style island or snow Island.
      1) Yes please, either let us shift where we can place the door, or at least let us mirror the house model.
      2) & 3) Would be nice, but not overly beneficiary for QOL.
      4) I thought they had this already, but i might be mistaken...
      5) & 6) Different island layouts and styles would be a nice change of pace, or at least, let us choose where on our island our limit of plots can be placed.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester
    • 1) Why not
      2) Sure, can't be against it, yet inhouse decorations are pointless atm because furniture limit is already so small that you cant even max happiness for laborers.
      3) Yea, furniture limit... With removing the limit also the footprint of the house should be increased as you are nearly full even with current furniture limit. Could not imagine sticking more stuff in there at current size.
      4) Move? Sure but only for a fortune so it would not be a viable to influence market in a negative way. Also when you clear out your island you can rebuy it at different city for 1 relocation price to previous level. Just need to rebuild.
      5) Locations could be dynamic. Also feature to remove rocks and trees permanently would be nice.
      6) Sure, different biomes would be cool.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • I understand that moving resources between cities = bad idea. But, having the option to move your resource-less island to another city should be a valid option(albeit, on a very long cool-down).

Sometimes people change guilds. And if that new guild is located in another city, you are then forced to either buy another island(very expensive and time consuming), or split your time between two cities(also time consuming).

I also think that the island should not have to be cleared(no buildings). You should be able to take your hard earned buildings with you. Some would say that this would be unfair, as moving to a more profitable city would hurt the economy. But, you are also leaving a vacuum in the city that you left, so I think that it would even out.

It should also take time to move the island(e.g. you cant go to your island, in the new city for a week). This would stop people from moving every time their 'island move' cool-down is available.