EU God damn it

• EU God damn it

Let's just be honest, the game needs EU servers, recent player here, from Eu started playing a few days ago, got really excited about the game cuz it seemed very appealing and had a nice concept, however, a few hours into the game and my character starts teleporting all over the place, then i went into a city, a fairly large one filled with players, i couldnt even move, my character would return to the place where it originnaly was, it was a really hard experience, after that, when i was finnaly able to get out of there, i was gathering t4 materials, found a dungeon, died multiple times due to lag, and after multiple efforts i was able to get to the boss, only to end up giving up on the boss fight because at that point i had died so many times i was full on naked, i died due to lag, i couldnt even evade the skill shots anymore due to the fact that even if i did i would still get hit, it was a terrible experience and since then i have many more, i think it really hurts the game.

However, before coming here to complain, i went ahead and played some more and did some more research on this, so apparently there is no Eu server, many more people have this problem, some even have the aggravation of log outs out of nowhere, also there are a few people who tell us (the ones who complain about this) to stop whining and to shut up because they have 130-200 ping too, well, first of all i'd like to say that playing a competitive mmo with 200 ping or a bit less is not an enjoyable experience, i can only gather, and when i go on to try some dungeons the experience in itself is miserable, dying all the time from skill shots i had just evaded isnt right...

i'd just like to also point out that for those that argue that a Eu server would be the ruin of this game, i think if you say that, you don't know what you are talking about, the inflow from players to Eu server would probably balance it out, plus i see people all the time complaining that they unninstal either due to the lag or to the lack of resources to harvest, i mean if you think about it, its a pretty neat solution, dont be cheap devs, this might really help ur game, im just a noob and my opinion doesnt matter much, but the fact that im new to ur game and from eu and had that same experience and went to later on to find out im not alone in this should really speak for itself.

I really have no hope in this thread tho, i feel like i'm about to get flammed, however if there is anyone out there that this made sense to, thank you for your time.
    • Currently playing from eu, ping around 140-160 on average. Its ok to play and no problem to dodge skill shots.

Last night the server did have some lag as ping jumped up to 200+ for some time, usually even 200 ping wont make you fail skill shots as delay is minimal and if you react at time you wont get hit by them.This did cause some jumping in game but was resolved around 30 minutes or something. Most likely route to server changed due to outage or maintenance along the casual route by ISP. Game jumping and teleporting is not that common even when 200 ping. Used exitlag vpn for some time, it cut off around 20-30 from ping, not worth it IMHO as performance change was little from 140-160 ping.

I don't agree on making a EU separate server as this would divide player base to critical levels.

- Resources: Lack of resources to gather? Its mostly problem at tier 4-5 areas as most new player pile up in those areas. With new server resources would be yes "available" for more people to gather but prices would drop. Dedicated server for EU with separate market? With more people getting easy materials but less people overall playing per server could also cause the overflow of resources as there would be less people buying your resources. Demand for resources would plummet as everyone would be able mass resources themselves without competition. This would also drastically decrease all 5+ resources and items prices as people would be less ganked at RZ/BZ while gathering and more resources could be delivered to the market for high tier crafting.

- Population: Yes new players would find "fun" with lower ping playing at new EU server but what about old players? Would their items be transferred or would they need to start from ground up? What would become of international guilds and friends who play together? Even if you just place EU server as an addition to current server the lag between the servers would still remain. With less people on server this would drastically decrease pvp content, arena/league que times would be madness, expedition ques... EU would get their own server, what next? What about SEA players? Give them their own server and lower the population even more? Why should they get their own server when EU gets one? Can you see how separating the population would lose the point of one mega server and united player base? Current game design has for sure its flaws but its a necessary sacrifice for overall game population to be viable. There are so many games on the market that another MMO with separated servers would not offer much. Main reason why people stop playing is lack of population on MMO-s.

Its not about flaming on you or on the topic but rather seeing the large scope of things. Of course EU and SEA players would love to have lower ping but this is the price we pay for the unified player base. Only solution that would not damage the core game would be for developer to integrate VPN service like i.e exitlag into the launcher and provide it to non NA players for free.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lohend ().

• Lohend wrote:

Currently playing from eu, ping around 140-160 on average. Its ok to play and no problem to dodge skill shots.

Last night the server did have some lag as ping jumped up to 200+ for some time, usually even 200 ping wont make you fail skill shots as delay is minimal and if you react at time you wont get hit by them.This did cause some jumping in game but was resolved around 30 minutes or something. Most likely route to server changed due to outage or maintenance along the casual route by ISP. Game jumping and teleporting is not that common even when 200 ping. Used exitlag vpn for some time, it cut off around 20-30 from ping, not worth it IMHO as performance change was little from 140-160 ping.

I don't agree on making a EU separate server as this would divide player base to critical levels.

- Resources: Lack of resources to gather? Its mostly problem at tier 4-5 areas as most new player pile up in those areas. With new server resources would be yes "available" for more people to gather but prices would drop. Dedicated server for EU with separate market? With more people getting easy materials but less people overall playing per server could also cause the overflow of resources as there would be less people buying your resources. Demand for resources would plummet as everyone would be able mass resources themselves without competition. This would also drastically decrease all 5+ resources and items prices as people would be less ganked at RZ/BZ while gathering and more resources could be delivered to the market for high tier crafting.

- Population: Yes new players would find "fun" with lower ping playing at new EU server but what about old players? Would their items be transferred or would they need to start from ground up? What would become of international guilds and friends who play together? Even if you just place EU server as an addition to current server the lag between the servers would still remain. With less people on server this would drastically decrease pvp content, arena/league que times would be madness, expedition ques... EU would get their own server, what next? What about SEA players? Give them their own server and lower the population even more? Why should they get their own server when EU gets one? Can you see how separating the population would lose the point of one mega server and united player base? Current game design has for sure its flaws but its a necessary sacrifice for overall game population to be viable. There are so many games on the market that another MMO with separated servers would not offer much. Main reason why people stop playing is lack of population on MMO-s.

Its not about flaming on you or on the topic but rather seeing the large scope of things. Of course EU and SEA players would love to have lower ping but this is the price we pay for the unified player base. Only solution that would not damage the core game would be for developer to integrate VPN service like i.e exitlag into the launcher and provide it to non NA players for free.
      i am 100% sure this guy is living ini US. Dude,you can say abou mega server,lower population etc because you play with <100 ping and no lag at all. People like me who live in SEA and other from EU is really get impact from the high ping of the server. About the population, if SBI make SEA server and EU server i'm pretty sure more "new players" will play thus game because they now that its not lagm chinese player,indian player,who have much population will play this game too so the population still high. I just SBI will think about it soon or later
    • sirdavos wrote:

i am 100% sure this guy is living ini US. Dude,you can say abou mega server,lower population etc because you play with <100 ping and no lag at all. People like me who live in SEA and other from EU is really get impact from the high ping of the server. About the population, if SBI make SEA server and EU server i'm pretty sure more "new players" will play thus game because they now that its not lagm chinese player,indian player,who have much population will play this game too so the population still high. I just SBI will think about it soon or later
      Nope, just looked out of the window, still at EU. :D
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • the only problem really is this 1 mega server in NA, every damn region needs it's own mega server, will it kinda divide the player base? sure. will the game be playable? definitely. and if the game is more playable then more people might join too which will cover the loss from dividing the server for each region