Re-spec efficiency? What do I do?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re-spec efficiency? What do I do?

So, I am wearing some armor now that is not far from 100.

I understand that after I hit 100 with the mastery, I will start getting fame credits for respeccing. But if my mastery remains capped, I will only gain 20% of the fame value towards the mastery bar. (For example, if I kill a monste which gives 1000 fame, I will only get 200 fame towards that pool).

I read that it is also possible to manually remove skill ranks from your bar by paying silver, which would then let me get a 100% fame gain(Since the skill would not be capped anymore).

I wonder, what is the most efficient way to get these credits? Is it worth it to remove skill points before farming and basically never let my skill be 100? Should I just forget about removing skill points and just keep going as usual?
    • You may activate auto-respec on top of the destiny board view. This is similar to take levels of via silver, but on a per second basis instead of the big chunk of one whole level. As a side note: you do not get 100% back, but 80%. Warning: in most cases you loose silver instead of gaining silver during fame farm sessions.

There are several strategies. You should stay at 100 in mastery (inner circle) when you reach it to always be able to wear T8. Leveling a mastery or spec (outer circle) by farming is always more efficient, then using respec points. Therefore I would suggest to use respec points to a) reach a relevant mastery level (70 in frost for ice shard for example), b) bring specs to like 90 or 95 (level the rest by farming) or c) bringing side specs up (e.g. great holy - 1H, Divine and artifact are all playable for ff, great holy is not). If you want to use learning points, you should save them for later tiers - cuz then you get much more fame compensation for each LP.
    • I would definitely recommend turning on the Auto-Respec as per the other suggestions, but be keep an eye on your silver, as there's nothing more annoying than farming SRDs and then realising that your silver is so low, that you're no longer feeding the Auto-Respec and your'e back down to the free 20%, instead of 80% fame credits.

When I go out to SRDs in full 400/400 gear, I always make sure I go out with at least 500k silver.

Edit: as a sidenote - you still ALWAYS get 100% of the fame go towards your total fame count, regardless of levels and re-spec. It's only the fame that goes towards your levels in the Destiny Board that's affected by any levels at 100.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SHARKY: added extra info ().

• It is easy, fame credits has ratio when you lvl up different gear.

For example:
      weapon from 0 to 100 you need ~16 mil fame credits
      armor from 0 to 100 you need ~8 mil fame credits
      Shoes from 0 to 100 you need ~4 mil fame credits

So ratio of respec is just the same.

But the real fame needed from 0-100 is just the same for all gear.
    • Majestic12 wrote:

So, I am wearing some armor now that is not far from 100.

I understand that after I hit 100 with the mastery, I will start getting fame credits for respeccing. But if my mastery remains capped, I will only gain 20% of the fame value towards the mastery bar. (For example, if I kill a monste which gives 1000 fame, I will only get 200 fame towards that pool).

I read that it is also possible to manually remove skill ranks from your bar by paying silver, which would then let me get a 100% fame gain(Since the skill would not be capped anymore).

I wonder, what is the most efficient way to get these credits? Is it worth it to remove skill points before farming and basically never let my skill be 100? Should I just forget about removing skill points and just keep going as usual?
      Well what you say is only partially true, if you put autorespec you get 20% from every armor node (general + spec for a total of 40%) but this % must be added to any other gear you mastered, weapons nodes give 40% so let s for example say that you have 100 in your weapon general group and 100 in both your armor general and spec you get a total of 80%( 40+20+20) but if also you master your weapon spec you get another additional 40% so every mob you kill you get the mob fame 120% in combat fames that is nice game mechanic. As easly you can guess you will get a lot of combat fame if you fame farm with all your gear nodes maximazed to 100.