Albion Online Being Removed from Streaming Service Geforce NOW

• Nominix wrote:

This thread appears to be making the case for why SBI will never put Albion Online on Geforce Now. It wasn't SBI's choice when Albion Online showed up on Geforce Now. Nvidia just added the game without telling SBI. Then, Nvidia put SBI's game behind a NVidia controlled paywall.

Of course, SBI would ask for their game to get removed.

Now, SBI is getting blamed for NVidia's shady and shitty business practice. At this point, why would any publisher or game dev want to deal with this? If it works, all hail the NVidia corporate overlords. If it doesn't work, screw SBI!

Doesn't really seem fair to SBI...

I think at this point people just want a update on the development for the gfn client, since the devs already said they were working on a solution to implement their client some weeks ago and that it was close but all of a sudden we didnt get anymore news, even a "we are still working on it" would be nice.

This said i completly understand why they wanted it removed from gfn until they have a more friendly solution that can work for all the players and not only steam users. I dont use gfn since my computer can run albion pretty well but i play with my girlfriend and she uses it so since she cant play for now and since we dont know if we still have to wait 2 days or 2 months im not sure if i should commit to another mmo that we can both play or wait for albion and thats where the devs feedback comes in handy.
    • Mr.Bacon007 wrote:

Felgrand wrote:

Mr.Bacon007 wrote:

Para aquellos que no pueden entrar a través de GFN hay métodos en youtube ("JUEGOS NO APOYADOS TODO GEFORCE AHORA JUGAR") que le permiten jugar Albion sin la necesidad de esta adición, por supuesto que es sólo la versión de vapor
      PD: lo siento por el mal inglés
      todavía no funciona xDmark error de la fácil anti truco
      ejecutarlo en "modo de imagen grande" y ya no tendrá ese error.
      it doesn't work
    • Nominix wrote:

This thread appears to be making the case for why SBI will never put Albion Online on Geforce Now. It wasn't SBI's choice when Albion Online showed up on Geforce Now. Nvidia just added the game without telling SBI. Then, Nvidia put SBI's game behind a NVidia controlled paywall.

Now, SBI is getting blamed for NVidia's shady and shitty business practice. At this point, why would any publisher or game dev want to deal with this? If it works, all hail the NVidia corporate overlords. If it doesn't work, screw SBI!

Sure, but then, in the amount of time I've been able to play Albion on GFN I also paid 3 times for premium for 2 of my characters and I'm not the only one and not to mention the last month of premium I've only been able to play 5 days of it. Now not only am I not playing since I can't without GFN but I'm also not paying them any more money for the premium. From my point of view, that seems like SBI was actually winning before removing it from GFN.

Nominix wrote:

Binhood wrote:

Nominix wrote:

Absolutely fair statement and I agree with that, BUT keep in mind people want to play this game without any heavy lag & ping issues which isn't the case if you are playing on the main client. I'm in central Europe and have a gigabit connection (similar to google fiber) and still have my ping around 150-170 and not to mention the constant desynchronization and rubber bending issues. It is ridiculous. If SBI won't react to this people find a way to solve this problem on their own, even if this means modifying the code/game files against the TOS.SBI needs to find a solution. This is a fairly competitive game and it's not fair when you are pvp against 1+ or more people with lag they are based in NA with a 12 ping.
      I completely agree. I feel like SBI really needs to look at region specific servers to solve the ping and latency issue.

I also feel like a lot of people are latching onto the Geforce Now solution without understanding how network latency works. Put very simply, latency is just a measure of the distance between you and the Albion Online's server. Jumping on the Geforce Now server just adds an extra stop between you and the Albion Online servers. The distance doesn't change. The latency doesn't change. From looking at some of the posts in this thread, it seems like a lot of people assume that since Geforce Now shows a latency of 100ms, they must also be getting 100ms, but they are not calculating in their own latency to Geforce Now.
      What's your point? Are you saying that people shouldn't be latching onto a service that literally helped people play the game's most important part of the game - pvp? Since the developers don't seem to intend to fix that problem why shouldn't we use such a service?
      Locally I've got about 130-140 ping and that's fine, my latency is somewhere near 100ms with spikes to 200ms and it's literally unplayable in pvp - which you know is a pretty big part of the game.
      On GFN connected to a server in Central Europe I was playing with 10-20 ping and the maximum latency I've had was 12 and yeah evidently that wasn't the real ms and nobody is going to bother calculating my their own latency to GFN since GFN tends to tell you when your latency is an issue.
      There isn't any absolute need for anyone to understand how network latency works to understand that GFN finally allowed them to play the game without those issues and enjoy ZvZ's without delays.
      It worked, it was nice and now people aren't happy to go back to playing a game where if you step 2 seconds in a pvp area you're painfully watching a media player slideshow in 3 frames per minute. Would you?
    • lolflame wrote:

What's your point? Are you saying that people shouldn't be latching onto a service that literally helped people play the game's most important part of the game - pvp? Since the developers don't seem to intend to fix that problem why shouldn't we use such a service?
      Locally I've got about 130-140 ping and that's fine, my latency is somewhere near 100ms with spikes to 200ms and it's literally unplayable in pvp - which you know is a pretty big part of the game.
      On GFN connected to a server in Central Europe I was playing with 10-20 ping and the maximum latency I've had was 12 and yeah evidently that wasn't the real ms and nobody is going to bother calculating my their own latency to GFN since GFN tends to tell you when your latency is an issue.
      There isn't any absolute need for anyone to understand how network latency works to understand that GFN finally allowed them to play the game without those issues and enjoy ZvZ's without delays.
      It worked, it was nice and now people aren't happy to go back to playing a game where if you step 2 seconds in a pvp area you're painfully watching a media player slideshow in 3 frames per minute. Would you?
      So you think its unfair that you have to pvp with a high ping against those that dont, but you think its perfectly fair to pvp using a service that gets your ping down to 10-20, against people who as they arent using steam have a much higher ping than you which they can do nothing about. Got it.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

lolflame wrote:

So you think its unfair that you have to pvp with a high ping against those that dont, but you think its perfectly fair to pvp using a service that gets your ping down to 10-20, against people who as they arent using steam have a much higher ping than you which they can do nothing about. Got it.
      Quick question - judging from your replies in this thread you're not really interested in GFN so what's up, everything ok ?

Back on topic, you're funny but you did not get it. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I thought it was unfair to pvp with a high ping, I simply said it's unplayable. Because as said on a previous reply - the one I've quoted, it's an issue with the game that the developers aren't paying attention to so we've latched onto different ways to improve that for the people that don't have a luxury to live in a first world country or having rich daddies. Let me steal a page from your book, so you think it's fair to limit those players based on their living circumstances ?

If you had actually bothered to skim through the replies of this post instead of pointlessly and frankly attention wanting writing in this thread just to make snarky comments you would've noticed I actually agreed with the devs that it ISN'T FAIR that the Steam users have had access to GFN and the native client users did not. But did anyone notice ? Did anyone that didn't use GFN care ? Did you care ? I've only been using GFN since March and the game was removed on 31st of May. That's 3 months. GFN came out of beta at the start of February and that's 4 months. 4 months of no one complaining about the advantage of GFN in the pvp scene. Why? Because it isn't an advantage. GFN doesn't magically give you 400/400 or the skills needed to actually influence the pvp scene in some major way that it's seen as advantageous.
      There are even people on this thread that literally wrote that they have never heard of the service before this thread was made.

That's just my case, there are several other cases people use GFN other than the imaginary advantage in pvp that you're disillusioned about, take for example the first comment on this page, the dude's girlfriend was using GFN to play together since most likely she does not have a good enough computer to play this game at all - let alone pvp. And this is mostly the main reason MOST of the people used GFN on Albion for, because the game isn't that stable on low-end pc's.
    • lolflame wrote:

everything ok ?
      Fine. Thanks for asking.

lolflame wrote:

I simply said it's unplayable
      Its not unplayable. You are at a severe disadvantage due to ping/latency, which is what you stated. A bit like playing against someone with a 10-20 ping because they can use GFN and you cannot...its a severe disadvantage

lolflame wrote:

There are even people on this thread that literally wrote that they have never heard of the service before this thread was made.
      Completely irrelevant. The devs have rightly pulled the plug (reasons stated elsewhere in the thread). The server is what it is and some people will always have more
      of an advantage than others due to ping. Sure, the devs should be working to even this out, but that doesnt mean that its ok for 3rd party sites to give an advantage to some players. You acknowledged that it wasnt fair but your justification was that 'nobody noticed', but as I said, thats irrelevant

If they can get all users to have the GFN option fine. If they cant then no one should have that opportunity by being able to use a 3rd party platform whilst others cannot.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • New

JordWasTaken wrote:

Kinda addicted to runescape again and have spent around £300 over 2 weeks on the game, you lost out on that money SBI.
      Since it has been established that ping isn't really affected you are confusing me, please explain me: If your computer is too shit to run Albion I'm kinda assuming you don't want to buy one or you can't afford one but your spending 300€ in 2 weeks on Runescape? I am also assuming you saved that money from your work, wouldn't it be more sensible to save more and just buy a computer?
    • New

DildoSwaggings wrote:

JordWasTaken wrote:

Kinda addicted to runescape again and have spent around £300 over 2 weeks on the game, you lost out on that money SBI.
      Since it has been established that ping isn't really affected you are confusing me, please explain me: If your computer is too shit to run Albion I'm kinda assuming you don't want to buy one or you can't afford one but your spending 300€ in 2 weeks on Runescape? I am also assuming you saved that money from your work, wouldn't it be more sensible to save more and just buy a computer?
      idk about the guy, but personally, my PC is not completely trash and I don't believe I need a new PC. It can run a lot of modern games with above acceptable performance except Albion. It's a fact everyone knows that Albion is terribly optimized.