Albion Online Being Removed from Streaming Service Geforce NOW

• Man, I would love to hear how all you arm chair developer / business owners would react to another company taking your product and selling a service wrapped around it, without your permission to start.

If your wrapper product starts sucking, well then that makes my product look like it is part of the problem. SBI never asked for that risk.

Clearly you like what the game brings, but want a better experience. We all do, but it's not fair that only Steam users would be able to benefit from such product.

I stand with SBI. Give it time. They didn't say no, they said "Bitch need to ask first before touching". They still interested in your package.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

Man, I would love to hear how all you arm chair developer / business owners would react to another company taking your product and selling a service wrapped around it, without your permission to start.

If your wrapper product starts sucking, well then that makes my product look like it is part of the problem. SBI never asked for that risk.

Clearly you like what the game brings, but want a better experience. We all do, but it's not fair that only Steam users would be able to benefit from such product.

I stand with SBI. Give it time. They didn't say no, they said "Bitch need to ask first before touching". They still interested in your package.
      I don't understand this rationale. GFN is a free advertising method for Albion. I only started playing cause I saw it on the games list on GFN.

And then I paid for premium. Boom, +1 customer.

GFN makes money for SBI, bottom line.

I think there is something else happening here. Perhaps they plan to be exclusive to another streaming service?
    • Sevenflow wrote:

Crane wrote:

Man, I would love to hear how all you arm chair developer / business owners would react to another company taking your product and selling a service wrapped around it, without your permission to start.

I don't understand this rationale. GFN is a free advertising method for Albion. I only started playing cause I saw it on the games list on GFN.
      And then I paid for premium. Boom, +1 customer.

GFN makes money for SBI, bottom line.

I think there is something else happening here. Perhaps they plan to be exclusive to another streaming service?
      at the moment they are exclusive of shadow and vortes that are also streaming services.
    • Crane wrote:

Regardless of whether the service was offered without asking (what if it is wrong), it would be kind to buy me a pc and have to ask permission to install the game on my pc, when the game is free and a game that I would not have even tried otherwise outside for geforcenow, spending a lot of time without availability on the platform takes away the desire to play, we lose money and adventures with our friends, so they lose players and money from players who buy premium and gold with real money. business model win win.
    • Crane wrote:

What NVIDIA did was wrong, they should've asked SBI for it(I guess that is why they changed to opt in?).

The real reason why the game got removed is money and it will always be money. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with wanting more money but when it comes at the expense of the little guy(in this case the player) that is when I have an issue with it.

Steam takes a cut (most devs agree that it is a huge cut for the Valve service). If AO is on the GFN service as a native client then all the money goes to SBI instead of having to give some % to Steam. Now, with that being said this situation was handled poorly. Some players spent IRL money on AO(+ GFN) and now their premiums are wasted. There are games that have multiple versions on GFN(Steam,Uplay, native clients). Shozen even talked about GFN on the AO show on Twitch(AO Daily show - June 3rd - around the 34-35 min mark, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link).

Couldn't SBI leave the Steam version and implement a native client at a later date, then convert the Steam players to native client and remove the Steam version? Give a 30 day warning to not buy premium since the game will be removed from GFN? They have the right to remove the game from the GFN service, it is their game in the end. They removed the game and people lost their time and money.

There is more behind the scenes about this that we don't know about(like the fact that you can use desktop apps on your mobile with the GFN service, some companies want to sell the mobile app separately).

My question to SBI is:"If you dislike Steam and it hasn't given you the profit that you wanted, why are you still on it?". Steam has its own market like AO. Some people didn't spend IRL money for your game but still bought premium by selling stuff on the Steam market.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ZeroSM: clarification ().

• emutheblue wrote:

If you're going to create a bunch of fake accounts to spam for adoption of a service no one uses, you should at least make posts in other threads to make it seem more legitimate. Super low effort attempt. Notice that all of the posters on Reddit are also low karma.
      People normally don't use a forum/reddit unless they want something to change/complain.

I believe there's a couple thousand people that use GFN to play Albion, the geo' of Albion's playerbase is from countries that would benefit MASSIVELY from what GFN offers.

Use this LINK & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
    • Korn wrote:

The issue that we have with Albion being on GFN right now is that it has been implemented by them as being exclusive to Steam players. That is not acceptable for us - if we make a service such as GFN available, it would have to be made available to all players equally.

So instead of letting people have fun playing your game on Steam you just took this possibility away and left them unable to play the game when they have already paid subscriptions. You could just leave it avaiable on GFN and let people know that no steam client will be added in the future and there would be no harm at all. I tought you guys are cool but you just took away the only possibile way to play this game for many people. I understand it's not acceptable for you but think about players... was anyone giving a damn that GFN had only steam version of Albion Online? I don't think so, they were just having fun because they could play it.
      0UTSIDER