Albion Online Being Removed from Streaming Service Geforce NOW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Please Add Albion Online Back to the Geforce NOW List Again

I was playing Albion Online through Geforce NOW. It has some reasons. A person like me who live in Turkey (a country has connection issues) Geforce was fixing blackscreen problems so i didnt have to buy VPN to play also it was decreasing my ping around 60 too. We all know even good computers can crush sometimes when the zvz is too big and i don't have a ''good'' computer. I only play albion so i don't just want to buy a computer and VPN for albion and in a season like this (i mean we are making at least three times ZvZ with big as cluster queue) i really need a thing like Geforce NOW. I love to play Albion Online and i know im not only one who was playing through Geforce and a lover, even in my clan we are around 20 people. I hope Albion community supports this lovers and SBI will understand our problem so helps us, love you all, thanks for reading <3

and also support lovers from reddit post:reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…_back_to_the_geforce_now/

• Renard147 wrote:

Shalako wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

Albion Online was made accessible via GeForce Now in conjunction with Steam without our approval - and, since it was Steam only, it was available to only a fraction of our player base.

A situation where a service like GeForce Now is available only to a small part of our player base is one we don’t want. We are looking at the possibility of implementing GeForce Now into our native game client in the future.

-Talion
      I don't play in GFN but reading this I can't help but wonder... dude... do you even business? I mean you have these fancy sounding words by your name but this is like a "what not to do" case study from 2nd year business class. So kind of wondering about this response of yours.
      The answer is fine, they don't care about 0.01% of the playerbase, rightfully so. I think you could use these "business classes" you're talking about. If their game is made available on a 3rd party service charging for access they're going to want a share of that pie. Would that qualify for the first year of business class?
      Nobody is going to drive new uniques to Albion for free. Normally this would be a service SBI pays for- advertising. Here they pay nothing but still get new uniques and increased retention. Whatever SBI is not getting from "share of pie" from GFN they are saving more in what it would cost in advertising dollars to get the new uniques.
    • PCGamer.com - Wes Fenlon wrote:

"Nvidia didn't ask for our permission to put the game on the platform so we asked them to remove it," tweeted The Long Dark developer Raphael van Lierop, adding that "devs should control where their games exist."

Yes, you're playing games you already own, but it is a platform, because there's an interface that makes playing them much simpler than it would be on a blank virtual machine, where you'd have to install everything manually. And the way Nvidia promotes GeForce Now—and eventually makes money off of it—is by advertising the games in its library.

GeForce Now isn't exactly the same as going to a friend's house or borrowing a PC and installing your games on it. While there might be no functional difference for the user, there's a big difference in the relationship between the developer and the company providing the hardware.

Might be a reason why this is happening. Some of the involved companies don't really like the thought of someone else making money out of their games through a platform. They never really agreed to a contract where both parties will benefit. A number of licensing processes being bypassed, processes that could've netted the developers some revenue.

Full article linked above is a good quick read.
      400/400 Common Sense
    • Skirt wrote:

PCGamer.com - Wes Fenlon wrote:

"Nvidia didn't ask for our permission to put the game on the platform so we asked them to remove it," tweeted The Long Dark developer Raphael van Lierop, adding that "devs should control where their games exist."

Yes, you're playing games you already own, but it is a platform, because there's an interface that makes playing them much simpler than it would be on a blank virtual machine, where you'd have to install everything manually. And the way Nvidia promotes GeForce Now—and eventually makes money off of it—is by advertising the games in its library.

GeForce Now isn't exactly the same as going to a friend's house or borrowing a PC and installing your games on it. While there might be no functional difference for the user, there's a big difference in the relationship between the developer and the company providing the hardware.
      Might be a reason why this is happening. Some of the involved companies don't really like the thought of someone else making money out of their games through a platform. They never really agreed to a contract where both parties will benefit. A number of licensing processes being bypassed, processes that could've netted the developers some revenue.

Hey there,

Talion mentioned it in his statement here, but I'd like to clarify it a bit further:

Geforce Now added the game to their library without even asking us. We are now having to take the blame for something that we had literally nothing to do with.

The issue that we have with Albion being on GFN right now is that it has been implemented by them as being exclusive to Steam players. That is not acceptable for us - if we make a service such as GFN available, it would have to be made available to all players equally.
    • Korn wrote:

The issue that we have with Albion being on GFN right now is that it has been implemented by them as being exclusive to Steam players. That is not acceptable for us - if we make a service such as GFN available, it would have to be made available to all players equally. This however does require significant tech work on our end and it's not something we can start looking into right now as we are fully focused on our next update.
      i don't understand "this however does require significant tech work on our end" , how can they run the steam version "without even asking us" if that require tech work from your teams , i think if you just opt in your game as stand alone in GFN they can do it by themself
      Be nice guys , just let us play.
    • DJYUNGTRANCHE wrote:

Korn wrote:

The issue that we have with Albion being on GFN right now is that it has been implemented by them as being exclusive to Steam players. That is not acceptable for us - if we make a service such as GFN available, it would have to be made available to all players equally. This however does require significant tech work on our end and it's not something we can start looking into right now as we are fully focused on our next update.
      i don't understand "this however does require significant tech work on our end" , how can they run the steam version "without even asking us" if that require tech work from your teams , i think if you just opt in your game as stand alone in GFN they can do it by themself
      It's unfortunately not that simple. Having said that, we are looking into it.
    • Skirt wrote:

You troll me? Tailon trolling me too? lol.. thanks a Geforce Now, much people pay premium real money. This mean = Benefits 100%. Pay Skins. Pay much more. i pay with real money and next days ago, game is removed..... lol.. probably scam? idk.. because is free to play is a stupid decission honestly. gg. Close the game yea? Good deccision lol.
    • Korn wrote:

Skirt wrote:

Hey there,
      Talion mentioned it in his statement here, but I'd like to clarify it a bit further:

Geforce Now added the game to their library without even asking us. We are now having to take the blame for something that we had literally nothing to do with.

The issue that we have with Albion being on GFN right now is that it has been implemented by them as being exclusive to Steam players. That is not acceptable for us - if we make a service such as GFN available, it would have to be made available to all players equally.
      you are totally right but im right hand of rage control and also a shotcaller but i can't play zvz. i know its unfair to only make steam players able to play but the time is passing and i can't do my zvz jobs you know how important it is :/ could you please at least add the steam version to geforce back until you find a way to add launcher. im sure so many players will be grateful <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by partperMillion ().

• Korn wrote:

Skirt wrote:

"Nvidia no pidió nuestro permiso para poner el juego en la plataforma, así que les pedimos que lo quitaran", tuiteó el desarrollador de The Long Dark, Raphael van Lierop, y agregó que "los desarrolladores deben controlar dónde existen sus juegos".

Sí, estás jugando juegos que ya tienes, pero es una plataforma, porque hay una interfaz que hace que jugarlos sea mucho más simple de lo que sería en una máquina virtual en blanco, donde tendrías que instalar todo manualmente. Y la forma en que Nvidia promueve GeForce Now —y eventualmente gana dinero con eso— es anunciando los juegos en su biblioteca.

GeForce Now no es exactamente lo mismo que ir a la casa de un amigo o pedir prestada una PC e instalar tus juegos en ella. Si bien puede no haber una diferencia funcional para el usuario , existe una gran diferencia en la relación entre el desarrollador y la empresa que proporciona el hardware.
      Podría ser una razón por la que esto está sucediendo. A algunas de las compañías involucradas no les gusta la idea de que alguien más gane dinero con sus juegos a través de una plataforma. Nunca acordaron realmente un contrato en el que ambas partes se beneficiarían. Se omiten una serie de procesos de licencia, procesos que podrían haber generado ingresos para los desarrolladores.
      El artículo completo vinculado anteriormente es una buena lectura rápida.
      Hola,
      Talion lo mencionó en su declaración aquí , pero me gustaría aclararlo un poco más:

Geforce Now agregó el juego a su biblioteca sin siquiera preguntarnos. Ahora tenemos que echarnos la culpa de algo con lo que literalmente no teníamos nada que ver.

El problema que tenemos con Albion en GFN en este momento es que ha sido implementado por ellos como exclusivo para los jugadores de Steam. Eso no es aceptable para nosotros: si ponemos a disposición un servicio como GFN, debería estar disponible para todos los jugadores por igual.
      Si la comunidad de jugadores está tan preocupada por seguir el consejo de unos pocos que podemos disfrutar del servicio de trenes a vapor, invertimos horas y horas, además, muchos de nosotros invertimos dinero real, ¿qué nos quitarían, porque es no es justo por una parte? ¿Por qué no hacer crecer la implementación del cliente nativo después de la actualización y dejarla activa en este momento? ¿Cuál es el problema? si ambas partes se benefician. ¿Está buscando una manera de implementar su cliente nativo y los usuarios pueden seguir jugando desde Steam, y yo incluso se lo hago más fácil porque no hacen cuentas multicliente? ¿No es más lógico que si quiero jugar en el teléfono, desde Steam o desde su cliente nativo, no tenga que usar otra cuenta? .la comunidad no permanecerá en silencio hasta que hagan lo que la comunidad quiere,
      por favor, todos no dejen que esta plataforma muera, todos conocimos personas a través del juego Albion que nunca podríamos probar si no fuera por GE forzado ahora, sigamos pidiendo a través de redes, foros e incluso dos canales, que nos escuchen y sigue escuchándonos, porque quienes jugamos el juego somos todos nosotros.
    • Albion Online thread for Devs. (ENG/ES)

Think developers.
      A lot of new people, like me, are just looking for games to play, they have no idea about the permissions it takes for GeforceNow to put the Albion game in their library. We are only looking for fun in a game, we have spent many hours, my case: 500 hours with 3-month purchased premium. That premium only has 60 days left. And they removed the game from that platform. What do I do now? What do we do new? We are many playing on Cloud Streaming platforms. '' GFN, Shadow, Vector, Parsec, etc etc ... ''
      Don't say it's just a small player base because that's a lie. There are over 100,000 people playing at GFN Albion. Those who buy premium 3 months or more, those who collect material in safe areas to buy premium or saving for something, and suddenly the game removes it ... What do they do now? It seems to me a stupid decision to remove the game that is free.
      Nor did they warn before they removed it, everything was suddenly.
      At least give the money back to everyone who happened to that. Because it is not normal that now I spend 500 euros so that the next day they remove it from that platform without saying anything, until it is reported in the forums. It seems to me very bastard, seriously.

(I have used google translate, I am Spanish.)

Piensen desarrolladores.
      Mucha gente nueva, como yo, solo busca juegos para jugar, no tienen ni idea sobre los permisos que se necesita para que GeforceNow pueda poner el juego Albion en su libreria. Nosotros solo buscamos diversión en algún juego, hemos pasado muchisimas horas, mi caso: 500 horas con premium comprado de 3 meses. Ese premium solo le quedan 60 dias. Y removieron el juego de dicha plataforma. ¿Ahora qué hago? ¿Qué hacemos los nuevos? Somos muchos jugando en plataformas Cloud Streaming. ''GFN, Shadow, Vector,Parsec, etc etc..''
      No digan que solo es una base pequeña de jugadores porque eso es mentira. Hay mas de 100 mil personas jugando en GFN Albion. Los que compramos premium 3 meses o mas, los que recolectan material zonas seguras para comprarse premium o ahorrando para algo, y de repente el juego lo remueven... ¿Qué hacen ahora? Me parece una estúpida decisión quitar el juego que encima es gratis.
      Tampoco avisaron antes que lo quitarian, todo fue de repente.
      Al menos devuelvan el dinero invertido a todos los que les sucedió eso. Porque no es normal que ahora me gaste 500 euros para que dia siguiente lo quiten de esa plataforma sin decir nada, hasta que se reporte en los foros. Me parece muy de cabrón, en serio.

(He usado google translate, soy español.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by GucciNow1 ().

• GucciNow1 wrote:

At least give the money back to everyone who happened to that. Because it is not normal that now I spend 500 euros so that the next day they remove it from that platform without saying anything
      Dude, do you know this is Albion Online forum, not the GforceNow? I'm not bullying, but isn't it more reasonable to spend 500 euros on new hardware, if you wan't to play this game that much?
    • Why is it so hard for people to understand how these streaming services work? All you are doing is streaming gameplay from "datafarms" to your device(s)

Nothing changes from SBI perspective. It actually helps their business significantly.

I know quite a few people who play through GFN PERSONALLY. There must be a huge total number who play AO through it globally.

Cloud gaming is the future and AO needs to clear this GFN issue immediately. All it is doing is hurting their bottom line SIGNIFICANTLY.
    • Well while you didn't ask steam to place your game on GFN it did happen and you have players that use it a lot and need it to keep playing your game, While you didn't have anything to do with adding the steam version to GFN it did happen and thoses players need it, As you said yourself you don't want only the steam version to have accesss to GFN only, Why not leave the steam version on GFN for the time being while you get the MAIN client on GFN also? This way the people on steam can still use it without having to wait for the main client to also be added? Atleast the players on steam who need it can still play and pay you right?