Albion Online Being Removed from Streaming Service Geforce NOW

• DJYUNGTRANCHE wrote:

FrogOneSR wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

Albion Online was made accessible via GeForce Now in conjunction with Steam without our approval - and, since it was Steam only, it was available to only a fraction of our player base.

A situation where a service like GeForce Now is available only to a small part of our player base is one we don’t want. We are looking at the possibility of implementing GeForce Now into our native game client in the future.

-Talion
      sorry but it will not happen. all games in the service are linked to stores. at least not so earlyyou and I know that was not the reason, at least not the main reason.

I don't go back to the game anymore, with or without stream
      Fake news , magic the gathering is stand alone , eve online too and many many many others :)

well, then. I really didn't know because everyone I saw here depended on stores. let's see what happens, how long for albion to return to the service
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

Albion Online was made accessible via GeForce Now in conjunction with Steam without our approval - and, since it was Steam only, it was available to only a fraction of our player base.

A situation where a service like GeForce Now is available only to a small part of our player base is one we don’t want. We are looking at the possibility of implementing GeForce Now into our native game client in the future.

-Talion
      That's nice to hear, see you at 2023+ when SBI implements it
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      I don't play in GFN but reading this I can't help but wonder... dude... do you even business? I mean you have these fancy sounding words by your name but this is like a "what not to do" case study from 2nd year business class. So kind of wondering about this response of yours.
    • This is the worst news ever. I've probably spent like 50 bucks on this crap and now I'm relegated to phone client to play? Waaaack. I can't wait to reinstall the game every time it updates and have meh controls. The engineering team responsible for overseeing login and authentication just plain sucks and now it appears in addition to poor design they make bad decisions. Even before this fiasco I've been having to repair the anticheat garbage before playing almost every time I started the game.

FFS, Work on it, please.
    • I am sad to hear that this possibility of joining GFN again will take a long time, simply because the company shits on the players' head, the game is very good, but unfortunately it has horrible support from the team when it comes to "help".
      The company didn't have enough willpower to simply tell nvidia that it would like to leave the game there. So you can already imagine how long it will take to get back

• Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      Why wouldn't you just leave it in place until you built in the support instead of alienating a part of your player base? I literally had never heard of Albion and found it on geforce now. 100% the reason I play this game. All these companies that are pulling out of geforce are just losing money. Don't be like the music industry. Dinosaurs will die.
    • Tabor wrote:

Interesante. Nunca había oído hablar de GEforce Now hasta que tanta gente inundó los foros al respecto.
      bien ahora lo sabes.
      even valve gave the developers the option to include the game in geforcenow through stream cloud play but sdi ignored it and now those of us who played from the cloud because we have toasters will not be able to play until the "future" that they deign to upload. your account according to them but it will be very future hahaha
    • Shalako wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      I don't play in GFN but reading this I can't help but wonder... dude... do you even business? I mean you have these fancy sounding words by your name but this is like a "what not to do" case study from 2nd year business class. So kind of wondering about this response of yours.
      The answer is fine, they don't care about 0.01% of the playerbase, rightfully so. I think you could use these "business classes" you're talking about. If their game is made available on a 3rd party service charging for access they're going to want a share of that pie. Would that qualify for the first year of business class?

• Renard147 wrote:

Shalako wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      The answer is fine, they don't care about 0.01% of the playerbase, rightfully so. I think you could use these "business classes" you're talking about. If their game is made available on a 3rd party service charging for access they're going to want a share of that pie. Would that qualify for the first year of business class?
      Well to be fair here maybe, every PC, laptop, tablet, and smart phone company that people paid for to play Albion on should probably pay up to SBI too then.
    • Renard147 wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Interesting. I had never even heard of GEforce Now until so many people flooded the forums about it.
      It's just the same 5 people spamming again and again because they can't play a recent game on their toaster / 10 year old ultra budget pc.
      Judging by this reply you're not playing on GFN which begs the question, what are you even doing on this thread? If you're just fishing for the attention you're lacking, here, have some.
      I can count more than 5 persons replying to this thread regarding the bad decision to remove the game from the service. I suggest revisiting simple addition before writing about business classes.

Everything else that needed to be said has already been said. This is just a poor decision, they've basically locked out a portion of their playerbase simply because the service wasn't available to the whole playerbase.
      In no way shape or form it would've been bad business for them to keep the Steam version on GFN while also working on a way to implement their native client into the service, the way they handled it just alienated a part of their playerbase that may or may not even be interested in playing when they do decide to fix it because of how bad they were screwed over.

There are players here that have premiums currently going on but can't access the game or the game just isn't working that well on their systems because the game isn't well optimised and there are also players that have actually bought their premiums because they could play on GFN, if they never had that option, to play on GFN, they never would've bought their premiums. So how is it bad that the game was available on GFN in any way?
      1. Hello Albion community, we must make them listen to us not only in the forums on their social networks, we must share our anguish and the desire we have for them to return to the streaming service if we do not echo if we do not support and harass them Day after day, they will put it in months, even years, so you do not play albion through the nvidia system.I invite you to participate for the friends, guild mates and even the rivals and thousands of stories that you have lived and that people live day after day.
      2. twitter Seo Albion twitter discord facebook youtube reddit
      3. Please if you seriously want the albion returned in ge-forceNow, tell him once every day, make yourselves heard that the community supports the use of the application and that we want it returned as soon as possible.