Albion Online Being Removed from Streaming Service Geforce NOW

• Hello everyone,

Albion Online was made accessible via GeForce Now in conjunction with Steam without our approval - and, since it was Steam only, it was available to only a fraction of our player base.

A situation where a service like GeForce Now is available only to a small part of our player base is one we don’t want. We are looking at the possibility of implementing GeForce Now into our native game client in the future.

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

Albion Online was made accessible via GeForce Now in conjunction with Steam without our approval - and, since it was Steam only, it was available to only a fraction of our player base.

A situation where a service like GeForce Now is available only to a small part of our player base is one we don’t want. We are looking at the possibility of implementing GeForce Now into our native game client in the future.

-Talion

even so removing it leaves that fraction of players without the possibility of playing now if we do not have a powerful pc we will not be able to play and when they put it in their native client I will have to make a new account to play it since it cannot be played from steam
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      So this " small part of our player " can instantly delete the game ? Maby better way it's add your game to GFN until the moment you can " implementing GeForce Now into our native game client ", you don't think so ?
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      It will still hurt a lot of people, but I hope they solve this soon
    • It would be great if the standalone client was available on GFN but the concept that you had to remove one to add the other is false. Removing one while you prepare the other is also false. The steam version was available and now you will force the people who started with steam to start over again. This is not an either or situation and framing it as such is is misleading.

I do not need to ask your permission to install your game on a virtual machine. I don't ask permission to use BlueStacks. I don't ask permission to install your game on a Cloud PC and I absolutely should not have to ask your permission to play on GeForce Now.

Me and my family (4 premium subscriptions) love this game. We also like to play other MMO's that have chosen not to leave "a small fraction of their player base" in the dark while they figure stuff out. Sorry if this message comes off aggressive but from what I am told both you and GW2 didn't just not respond but actually opted out of my business and this is frustrating considering your openness to cross platform game development.
    • GusTheGreek wrote:

It would be great if the standalone client was available on GFN but the concept that you had to remove one to add the other is false. Removing one while you prepare the other is also false. The steam version was available and now you will force the people who started with steam to start over again. This is not an either or situation and framing it as such is is misleading.

I do not need to ask your permission to install your game on a virtual machine. I don't ask permission to use BlueStacks. I don't ask permission to install your game on a Cloud PC and I absolutely should not have to ask your permission to play on GeForce Now.

Me and my family (4 premium subscriptions) love this game. We also like to play other MMO's that have chosen not to leave "a small fraction of their player base" in the dark while they figure stuff out. Sorry if this message comes off aggressive but from what I am told both you and GW2 didn't just not respond but actually opted out of my business and this is frustrating considering your openness to cross platform game development.
      Im pretty sure about the fact a steam acc can log on standalone
      Be nice guys , just let us play.
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      So what is the time line? I think that you should implement both of the platforms with that line of thinking. Why dont you put it up? I mean, steam version was up, it was only a matter of opting in the client version up and that was that. Now are just afected by the omition of accion. We need this for gameplay experience. Most of us we need it just to play. Its a great service that you should at least make the effort to mantain and not remove the service until you solve youre issues with steam and such.

So about the answer. Whats the time frame we are looking at? Thats the kind of answer we the users need given that we had no heads up or even showed interest in the problems generated by this o suspention of the service we use to play this game. Because FUTURE is a big thing and this could mean rhat u could implement it in 2025...

Get seriuos give us an answer.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Akuamoto ().

• can you please add the steam version back in the meantime, Geforce now allowed new players such as myself to play albion regardless of it being through steam, Now many new players and existing players who use the steam version through geforce now have no access, I am so happy you are looking into the support of the native game client on geforce now but please allow me access through steam in the meantime
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

--Talion

How hard is it to opt Albion native client on? From what I understand from talking to GeForce now it's pretty much as easy as giving them, an ok
      Hey ok can we please shed some light on this situation? I have been in contact with GFN about this situation for a while now, and have even posted on some other forms on here. Been trying to get Albion to add the native client to GFN, along with other people. So from GFNs end the only answer I can get is that if you want your game on GFN you pretty much let them know, and they can add Albion. This is basically the answer I got from them. So why is this seeming like a big problem from SBIs end? I think that we as the player base of this game deserve a more clear answer for this.

@Talion
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      sorry but it will not happen. all games in the service are linked to stores. at least not so early

you and I know that was not the reason, at least not the main reason.

I don't go back to the game anymore, with or without stream.
    • FrogOneSR wrote:

Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      sorry but it will not happen. all games in the service are linked to stores. at least not so early
      you and I know that was not the reason, at least not the main reason.

I don't go back to the game anymore, with or without stream
      Fake news , magic the gathering is stand alone , eve online too and many many many others :)
      Be nice guys , just let us play.
    • Talion wrote:

Hello everyone,

-Talion
      I have the impression that SBI is the worst enemy of their own game.

More than a year and a half after the free launch, you still have not found the decency to employ local servers to a game which aims to play globally, and the high ping and bad optimization was what made 80% percent of the game base after free quit the game.

Now that we have found a possibility to circunvent the problem, through GFN, you've just removed the game and without giving us any warning! If that is not disrespect to your player base, then I don't know what it is.

Me and lots of friends still unable to play. At least I let my premium expire, I fell sorry for everyone who bought their premiums, specially the 3-6 month lenght and invested in gold.