Healer Killer

• Healer Killer

I have been spending a lot of time in Arena solo queue. The one constant? Whoever has the best healer wins. So I have been trying to come up with a healer killer.

One of my character uses a regular bow. Even with full stacks, I just seem to tickle the best healers.
      My 2nd character uses Mace. I can't actually kill the healer because I am tanky, but I sure make them move off their spot with all the stuns and interrupts. Is that the best I can hope for?

Would Arcane be good with the drain mana spell?

Any weapon/build suggestions most welcome.
    • I go broadsword, muizak, demon helmet, cultist boots, thetford cape, soldier armor (with the buff from soldier demon helmet will silence for full duration 8s), and cultist boots along with low CD E can help keep pressure on healers

If demon helm doesn't work (they purge it), one other solution (especially for holy healers) is to go cultist cowl in order to punish them when they spam heals (200 dmg each time they cast), also broadsword E is good because it interupts the channeling spells (like pushback).

The other kinda-one-shot build you can try is: 1H mace, muizak or leering cane, demon helmet, cultist boots, demon cape, some cloth armor. And you go root > cultist boots > demon cape (auto-attack) > stun E >demon helm so if everything goes well they will eat the whole duration of the demon cape, rinse and repeat.

Else go quarterstaffs with stun run, passive stun, royal helm for stun (or demon helm), to keep them constantly stunned, or use helmet passive that pushes back.
    • which is why I believe healers should be banned from brawl like parts of the game, in every game they ruin the macho keysmushing pleasure that is to do damage, with their whimsy heals and hots and inappropriate shields on the right time.

Arena should be a fest of damage and tears and blood!

No more HEALS! only damage!
    • McDobs wrote:

which is why I believe healers should be banned from brawl like parts of the game, in every game they ruin the macho keysmushing pleasure that is to do damage, with their whimsy heals and hots and inappropriate shields on the right time.

Arena should be a fest of damage and tears and blood!

No more HEALS! only damage!
      Heals definitely have their spot at arena, removing one type of players from arena would make it pointless to another extreme. Healers casts should be just more interruptible, they should not be able to spam heal when under attack, team should take care of their healer. Currently healer is the best tank at arena, that is stupid on its own level.

Items like i.e Cultist robe levitate should still take damage from skills like life steal auras and dot's when they make invulnerable to rest of the damage. There are too many invulnerable skills on the market overall that allow healers to heal up to max health without any risk.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • McDobs wrote:

I go broadsword, muizak, demon helmet, cultist boots, thetford cape, soldier armor (with the buff from soldier demon helmet will silence for full duration 8s), and cultist boots along with low CD E can help keep pressure on healers

If demon helm doesn't work (they purge it), one other solution (especially for holy healers) is to go cultist cowl in order to punish them when they spam heals (200 dmg each time they cast), also broadsword E is good because it interupts the channeling spells (like pushback).

The other kinda-one-shot build you can try is: 1H mace, muizak or leering cane, demon helmet, cultist boots, demon cape, some cloth armor. And you go root > cultist boots > demon cape (auto-attack) > stun E >demon helm so if everything goes well they will eat the whole duration of the demon cape, rinse and repeat.

Else go quarterstaffs with stun run, passive stun, royal helm for stun (or demon helm), to keep them constantly stunned, or use helmet passive that pushes back.
      yes! Away with
      Guardian helmet
      Merc chest
      Hellion chests
      Cultist robe
      Healing pots
      Fucking lifesteal
      The E heal of 1h dagger

All this heal needs to go away..

And of course healer should be easy killable by a single dps. It is retarded that even if the healer on full heal cannot kill anyone, but a single dps cannot blow it to pieces!!

And on top ..the healer have no risk in arena with their stupid heal .. wait? What? Risk and arena in the same sentence!! Of course.. healer should have more risk in arena..

Seriously, I need the same drugs as you guys...
    • lol I'm not picking up what you're laying down hollywood ?(

I'm still fairly new, so I don't have an opinion on balance yet. I do know that in Arena, whoever has the best healer wins. I was asking because of a recent battle. The other team had a super healer, so we were getting spanked hard. We decided in chat that we knew we had lost, but at least try to kill the healer one time.

That healer stood on center point while his teammates left him alone to take the other two. We had all 5 players attacking the healer. He was so bored he was smack talking us in /say. He stood in one spot. Didn't avoid the AOEs, didn't kite, just stood there and self healed. He was very high level and the 5 of us likely suck, but still. That's unreal and not the first time I've seen it.
    • Blatta wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

I do know that in Arena, whoever has the best healer wins.
      Really, screw this game if it would be this easy. It is not. People above already gave you two concrete builds. Have you tried it? Mana drain can work in long fights, which are rare in arena though.
      Why is that concept so offensive to you? Obviously teamwork and communication play a big role. Which I'm sure happens in team arenas. Since I only play in solo queue, there is very little of that. So I stand by my comment that whoever has the best healer wins. .... and yes I have used many of the above suggestions. Only thing I haven't yet is the cultist cowl. Which I will shortly.
    • The big problem with Arena is the soft cap, so if you come with flat t4 and I come with t8.3 masterpiece I get ~300 IP more than you so a team with more than 820 IP is godlike, so a healer with that kind of gear and proper spec is unkillable. If they hard capped Arena to 800 IP then it would be a good play of skill and communication because everyone would have a chance even newer guys, because the IP difference would be ~80-100 which is manageable.

But SBI will not fix arena, they will not fic HCEs, they will not add Scrims or cGvG on party finder, they DON'T WANT YOU IN THE CITIES DOING STUFF! They want everyone in the BZs playing gear piniatta vs 20 gankers because they think that's their playerbase (which it was a year ago and before, but no more).

I'm sure some manager fails to understand that the majority of their realmoney-paying customers are filthy casuals that simply want to login blow some steam, do some pvp/gather/fame farm and logout. They stick to this semi-hardcore mentality which will eventually drain them of resources while other games with partial-loot or other mechanics emerge and the filthy casual player base moves there.

To clear things up I'm a filthy casual and proud!
    • I didn't understand how the soft cap works. I thought everyone was hit with a handicap to make them equal. That explains a lot.

I agree with your filthy casual comment. I made a similar post recently. I'm loving the economy part of the game and the endless ways to make money. It's nothing like I have ever experienced in this type of game.

I would prefer to be in pvp, like I have been in every game I've played. I stick to Arena and blue HGs because it lets me use the equipment I've paid for and leveled. I'm having fun trying different combinations. I die a ton, like I do in every other pvp game, but that's ok, I'm used to it.

I would be in BZ 24/7 if it wasn't full loot. Half loot I would be fine with. Losing anything you have acquired and placed in your loot bag is fair game. I'm not fine with losing my equipment. I still can't wrap my head around not being able to use my best equipment. That I have to wear something affordable to go against billionaires that are wearing t8 gear. Talk about a rigged system.

To clear things up I'm a filthy casual and proud!