Albion full loot system need you to consider this idea.

• MEATCUP wrote:

If you support 50% loot but don’t acknowledge how that will potentially tighten spreads for resources and further exacerbate wealth gap advantage (I can roll in 8.3 and stomp newbs bc I’m only gonna drop half of it) then you may not see the forest through the trees.
      The OP want's 50% loot. Sandstorm wants your gear to be 100% safe and you only drop inventory. Which is actually worse. Since you just always farm in your best gear, and if you get to keep your loot that is a little bonus.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

MEATCUP wrote:

If you support 50% loot but don’t acknowledge how that will potentially tighten spreads for resources and further exacerbate wealth gap advantage (I can roll in 8.3 and stomp newbs bc I’m only gonna drop half of it) then you may not see the forest through the trees.
      The OP want's 50% loot. Sandstorm wants your gear to be 100% safe and you only drop inventory. Which is actually worse. Since you just always farm in your best gear, and if you get to keep your loot that is a little bonus.
      Lose all loot. Farm in your best gear? What a concept to use your best gear when fighting someone.
    • Jerbready wrote:

@NdwZ Thanks for your insight. I'm still inclined to believe there needs to be a more cohesive balance of full loot and safe gameplay in which a larger range of players can find their place and enjoy their experiance. Maybe that comes from other elements within the game? Who knows... I'm excited to see what the developers have in store!

Lohend wrote:

I could even support RZ loot changes to inventory items only. It would boost red zone activity for both pve and pvp players, take load of blue and yellow zones for new players and RZ would be nice stepping stone to full loot BZ.

Getting more items to black market would be nice to boost item drops at dungeons. More items sold to black market could be removed from game if this would cause overflow of items from dungeons. No one likes running dungeons and getting near nothing from chests, get that economy going. It would also boost item prices at other royal city's as more items would be moved to center of the map.

Of Course these things might have downsides that I haven't mentioned but idea worth considering IMHO.
      @Lohend @diehendrick
      What would your ideal Red and Yellow zone look like?

Where do you currently spend most of your time?
      @Jerbready

What would your ideal Red and Yellow zone look like? - mostly I have described what they would look like. Perhaps "more populated" by new players hopefully. I would not like BZ to be changed but RZ could be done more solo/new player friendly for learning curve. I really don't to much PVP as an aggressor but rather self defense. Most of the time i just take it and lose my stuff as fighting with PVE gear and outnumbered isn't easy. I am quite ok regards to that as I can replenish my gear easily yet for a newby full loot loss might turn them off quite fast when "full loot" happens to early in game time. Current loot model is quite unforgiving Blue - no pvp, no loot with exeption of few unaware faction flagged players, Yellow - no loot (this also means no pvp mostly) and then RZ/BZ - Full loot, they enter and they WILL be punished and not in fair fight, they will be zerged.

Where do you currently spend most of your time - at off peak hours BZ and RZ, gathering and solo farming. At peak hours its to crowded for solo player to farm/solo dungeons as zerg is actively looking anyone alone. At peak hours i refine, play arena and market flip. When really bored at peak hours i faction flag gather base resourses from Blue zones to get some lower level materials.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

I have been a proponent of inventory loss only since I started playing. I still can't wrap my head around leveling up, buying some sweet T7.2 armor, then putting it in storage so you can wear T4 gear when you head to the BZ.

Edit: If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
      You only wear T4 until you don't die so much. Then you go up to T5 etc. By the time you are ready for wearing 7.2, you don't even care what it costs, because you are rolling in silver, all the guys high-five you when you walk by, and all the girls want to date you.
      I completely understand the concept that when money is trivial, it's very easy to accept an equipment loss. The problem is I'm playing in a stacked deck. I'm up to 42 million now, but that's working my ass of doing different things. Players in big guilds/alliances romp around freely in T7 BZ making money hand over fist.
      You speak about big guilds/alliances... I'm in quite small guild (max 50ppl in guild) with no ally at all... and we from time to time acctive hunt zergs T1/T2 (and we have something about 11+ppl in prty) and we are able to take them down (not on every situation but we wining more than we lose, also i;m only player from that guild who go in 1500IP on regular basics, rest of us go in around 1300IP).
      You say that you have up to 42kk silver... I remember days when i don't even dream about have a 4kk and my best in slot gear was T5.2 and in those days i also go berserk and attack owerhelming force with my guild... And it was working (no all the time but it was), You need to have thise "predator instinct" even if You battle with better geared enemy... If enemy usualy have contact with a "prey" they will be confused beacouse someone who they see as a prey act like predator... and thise couple of second of confusion can make a difreance. Ok You can lose one or two sets but if You manage to hunt even couple of them once... twice... another time they think duble beore attacking...
      I have a couple time silly situation when gattering... 3pk started chasing me but i just dismount and started chasing them... I was solo in full gatterer gear but they was scared and run away xD

In solo dungeon... Take a "balance set" something in what You can farm decent but also You have some fighting chance... And just make it little slower, don;t take to big pulls, always have some "power reserve" and watch Your back closly... Then if you goin some experence when someone will go into Your dungeon You don't think about escape, You don;t be scared that You lose You gear... You just smile and think "excelent, extra loot incoming" ^^
      Ok in some situations You get ganked in solo dungeons with 3+ ppl... Thats sad and shouldn't happen but Albion is harsh :( But You can try to gank group dungeon solo (it's doable even without extra gear) after couple of thise fights 1vsMany You have some chances when You are ganked by many...
      Also we are waiting for "true solo dungeon" in next big patch. In that dungeon You always be sure that You don;t have more than 1 enemy, and thise will be great :) Ok Your oponent can have better gear but trust me if You can outsmart him if You have skill :)
    • NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

I have been a proponent of inventory loss only since I started playing. I still can't wrap my head around leveling up, buying some sweet T7.2 armor, then putting it in storage so you can wear T4 gear when you head to the BZ.

Edit: If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
      You only wear T4 until you don't die so much. Then you go up to T5 etc. By the time you are ready for wearing 7.2, you don't even care what it costs, because you are rolling in silver, all the guys high-five you when you walk by, and all the girls want to date you.
      I completely understand the concept that when money is trivial, it's very easy to accept an equipment loss. The problem is I'm playing in a stacked deck. I'm up to 42 million now, but that's working my ass of doing different things. Players in big guilds/alliances romp around freely in T7 BZ making money hand over fist.
      You speak about big guilds/alliances... I'm in quite small guild (max 50ppl in guild) with no ally at all... and we from time to time acctive hunt zergs T1/T2 (and we have something about 11+ppl in prty) and we are able to take them down (not on every situation but we wining more than we lose, also i;m only player from that guild who go in 1500IP on regular basics, rest of us go in around 1300IP).You say that you have up to 42kk silver... I remember days when i don't even dream about have a 4kk and my best in slot gear was T5.2 and in those days i also go berserk and attack owerhelming force with my guild... And it was working (no all the time but it was), You need to have thise "predator instinct" even if You battle with better geared enemy... If enemy usualy have contact with a "prey" they will be confused beacouse someone who they see as a prey act like predator... and thise couple of second of confusion can make a difreance. Ok You can lose one or two sets but if You manage to hunt even couple of them once... twice... another time they think duble beore attacking...
      I have a couple time silly situation when gattering... 3pk started chasing me but i just dismount and started chasing them... I was solo in full gatterer gear but they was scared and run away xD

In solo dungeon... Take a "balance set" something in what You can farm decent but also You have some fighting chance... And just make it little slower, don;t take to big pulls, always have some "power reserve" and watch Your back closly... Then if you goin some experence when someone will go into Your dungeon You don't think about escape, You don;t be scared that You lose You gear... You just smile and think "excelent, extra loot incoming" ^^
      Ok in some situations You get ganked in solo dungeons with 3+ ppl... Thats sad and shouldn't happen but Albion is harsh :( But You can try to gank group dungeon solo (it's doable even without extra gear) after couple of thise fights 1vsMany You have some chances when You are ganked by many...
      Also we are waiting for "true solo dungeon" in next big patch. In that dungeon You always be sure that You don;t have more than 1 enemy, and thise will be great :) Ok Your oponent can have better gear but trust me if You can outsmart him if You have skill :)
      Sounds good, but I don't have the gear or the skill. Hell, I can't even recognize when Hunter hood is being used. With that combination, I would be throwing my money away if I roamed the BZ
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

You speak about big guilds/alliances... I'm in quite small guild (max 50ppl in guild) with no ally at all... and we from time to time acctive hunt zergs T1/T2 (and we have something about 11+ppl in prty) and we are able to take them down (not on every situation but we wining more than we lose, also i;m only player from that guild who go in 1500IP on regular basics, rest of us go in around 1300IP).You say that you have up to 42kk silver... I remember days when i don't even dream about have a 4kk and my best in slot gear was T5.2 and in those days i also go berserk and attack owerhelming force with my guild... And it was working (no all the time but it was), You need to have thise "predator instinct" even if You battle with better geared enemy... If enemy usualy have contact with a "prey" they will be confused beacouse someone who they see as a prey act like predator... and thise couple of second of confusion can make a difreance. Ok You can lose one or two sets but if You manage to hunt even couple of them once... twice... another time they think duble beore attacking...I have a couple time silly situation when gattering... 3pk started chasing me but i just dismount and started chasing them... I was solo in full gatterer gear but they was scared and run away xD

Sounds good, but I don't have the gear or the skill. Hell, I can't even recognize when Hunter hood is being used. With that combination, I would be throwing my money away if I roamed the BZ
      So even when You will fight in "fair" pvp You still get killed... Even when Your enemy has worse gear...You need to rise Your skill or give up with BZ. In BZ everyone (except guildmates and ally) is Your potential victim or butcher and thise was intended. Any chance to loot system won't change that.You can rise your experence by fighting (and dying a lot on start) or join a guild who will protect You, or BZ isn't a place for You so don't go to it. Simple as that.
    • NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

You speak about big guilds/alliances... I'm in quite small guild (max 50ppl in guild) with no ally at all... and we from time to time acctive hunt zergs T1/T2 (and we have something about 11+ppl in prty) and we are able to take them down (not on every situation but we wining more than we lose, also i;m only player from that guild who go in 1500IP on regular basics, rest of us go in around 1300IP).You say that you have up to 42kk silver... I remember days when i don't even dream about have a 4kk and my best in slot gear was T5.2 and in those days i also go berserk and attack owerhelming force with my guild... And it was working (no all the time but it was), You need to have thise "predator instinct" even if You battle with better geared enemy... If enemy usualy have contact with a "prey" they will be confused beacouse someone who they see as a prey act like predator... and thise couple of second of confusion can make a difreance. Ok You can lose one or two sets but if You manage to hunt even couple of them once... twice... another time they think duble beore attacking...I have a couple time silly situation when gattering... 3pk started chasing me but i just dismount and started chasing them... I was solo in full gatterer gear but they was scared and run away xD
      So even when You will fight in "fair" pvp You still get killed... Even when Your enemy has worse gear...You need to rise Your skill or give up with BZ. In BZ everyone (except guildmates and ally) is Your potential victim or butcher and thise was intended. Any chance to loot system won't change that.You can rise your experence by fighting (and dying a lot on start) or join a guild who will protect You, or BZ isn't a place for You so don't go to it. Simple as that.
      Agree. That's why I don't go there.

Edit: Yes, a change to loot system would change things. It would allow me to participate, practice, and actually get better. Like I have done in all previous pvp games played. I can't afford the cost it would take to practice enough to get better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sandstorm22 ().

• sandstorm22 wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

You speak about big guilds/alliances... I'm in quite small guild (max 50ppl in guild) with no ally at all... and we from time to time acctive hunt zergs T1/T2 (and we have something about 11+ppl in prty) and we are able to take them down (not on every situation but we wining more than we lose, also i;m only player from that guild who go in 1500IP on regular basics, rest of us go in around 1300IP).You say that you have up to 42kk silver... I remember days when i don't even dream about have a 4kk and my best in slot gear was T5.2 and in those days i also go berserk and attack owerhelming force with my guild... And it was working (no all the time but it was), You need to have thise "predator instinct" even if You battle with better geared enemy... If enemy usualy have contact with a "prey" they will be confused beacouse someone who they see as a prey act like predator... and thise couple of second of confusion can make a difreance. Ok You can lose one or two sets but if You manage to hunt even couple of them once... twice... another time they think duble beore attacking...I have a couple time silly situation when gattering... 3pk started chasing me but i just dismount and started chasing them... I was solo in full gatterer gear but they was scared and run away xDIn solo dungeon... Take a "balance set" something in what You can farm decent but also You have some fighting chance... And just make it little slower, don;t take to big pulls, always have some "power reserve" and watch Your back closly... Then if you goin some experence when someone will go into Your dungeon You don't think about escape, You don;t be scared that You lose You gear... You just smile and think "excelent, extra loot incoming" ^^
      Agree. That's why I don't go there.
      Edit: Yes, a change to loot system would change things. It would allow me to participate, practice, and actually get better. Like I have done in all previous pvp games played. I can't afford the cost it would take to practice enough to get better.
      wat

go pvp in yellows if you want 0 risk practice..... or arena.....

basically you are saying:

" i am not good at pvp, i dont wish to spend the time and resources to get good at pvp in a full loot game, even though there are safe places for me to do so that are not full loot, therefore the game must change to suit my needs as a player that refuses to practice or get better when the means are readily available to me"

i started at f2p launch, managed to make my first 100m ganking in red zones as a solo player in t4-6 depending. what is your excuse?
      that you are too poor to afford throwaway sets to practice? or that you refuse to try because you fear loss?

accepting loss and having to buy more gear is also part of PVP, probably the most important part of PVP to learn in a full loot game, right beside self sustainability.

but no, lets just change the core concept of the game because this dude wants a themepark since hes terrible at full loot sandbox games.
      generic signature
    • - correct, I'm not good at pvp yet
      - Yes, I do practice in Arena and blue HGs
      - I am building my net worth to hopefully get to a point where money doesn't matter.
      - No, I'm not screaming for SBI to change the rules. I just said I and many others would participate more if it was tweaked.

I know the outcome if I ventured out to the BZ in my T4 gear. Fighting 1-10 players wearing T7+ gear is a losing proposition. Even if I was good.
    • Important to note that "was marketed" as full loot doesn't mean that will always be the most attractive element of the game. I imagine that a large portion of the population who mostly live in yellow and blue zones would agree that Albion provides more appeal that just full loot. In my opinion Albion has the most potential of any current game on the market. Its a sandbox with crafting, pve, pvp, progression, buy-in to your character... and now pulls in mobile players... WHAT? You're crazy! To be honest, I have no wish to lose my items, and will never spend time in Black Zones. Hold on, before you say... "Don't play a full loot pvp game..." know that players like me are also a large portion of the population funding this game and keeping it alive. That being said, I do think full loot is necessary as it does provide the hardcore element to the game that is needed. As I see it, the zones could use some tweaking to fit a larger range of needs. Maybe an adjustment to Red Zones to allow players to keep items, but drop inventory would be a good mix between Yellow and Black zones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jerbready ().

• Jerbready wrote:

Important to note that "was marketed" as full loot doesn't mean that will always be the most attractive element of the game. I imagine that a large portion of the population who mostly live in yellow and blue zones would agree that Albion provides more appeal that just full loot. In my opinion Albion has the most potential of any current game on the market. Its a sandbox with crafting, pve, pvp, progression, buy-in to your character... and now pulls in mobile players... WHAT? You're crazy! To be honest, I have no wish to lose my items, and will never spend time in Black Zones. Hold on, before you say... "Don't play a full loot pvp game..." know that players like me are also a large portion of the population funding this game and keeping it alive. That being said, I do think full loot is necessary as it does provide the hardcore element to the game that is needed. As I see it, the zones could use some tweaking to fit a larger range of needs. Maybe an adjustment to Red Zones to allow players to keep items, but drop inventory would be a good mix between Yellow and Black zones.
      There's no real evidence to support your hypothetical theory of players leaving. In fact the data shows the opposite, this game is consistently growing. You only need to look at games like EVE online which has almost 300% the amount of players as Albion to show that this game will do fine the way it is, as a full loot game. This game fills a specific niche, how many full loot fantasy RPGs are out there that you can play both on PC and mobile? Furthermore games like WoW that have tried to please everyone end up losing players by the mass. You can't please everyone and catering to casual gamers is how games die. If you're not willing to take the risk, then you don't deserve the reward, stick to the blue and yellow zones and be happy with what you got. The risk/reward factor is what makes this game a thrill to play.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

- correct, I'm not good at pvp yet
      - Yes, I do practice in Arena and blue HGs
      - I am building my net worth to hopefully get to a point where money doesn't matter.
      - No, I'm not screaming for SBI to change the rules. I just said I and many others would participate more if it was tweaked.

I know the outcome if I ventured out to the BZ in my T4 gear. Fighting 1-10 players wearing T7+ gear is a losing proposition. Even if I was good.
      well, dont stop trying to get better and get more money to feed!

its not always a losing proposition actually, i mentioned in another thread but 1vx is very possible, especially against grps that dive solo dungeons, typically they are pretty bad.

look into the rests, the markets are pretty stocked and things like throwaway t6 sets + cape/mount only runs like 300-500k a loss.

you can participate more already, and you will get better. I have easily died just as much as ive killed or more, just part of it. we also have the new 1v1 dungeons coming, so that will at least allow people to avoid getting blobbed inside the dungeon, not on the way there though.

if they start changing the core concept of the game away from full loot anymore than HCES , myself and many others will participate less. There are many themepark mmos, we dont need a half assed loot system here.

currently there is lots of room for safe practice, i just dont see why people want MORE safe practice? it would be redundant....

Jerbready wrote:

Important to note that "was marketed" as full loot doesn't mean that will always be the most attractive element of the game. I imagine that a large portion of the population who mostly live in yellow and blue zones would agree that Albion provides more appeal that just full loot. In my opinion Albion has the most potential of any current game on the market. Its a sandbox with crafting, pve, pvp, progression, buy-in to your character... and now pulls in mobile players... WHAT? You're crazy! To be honest, I have no wish to lose my items, and will never spend time in Black Zones. Hold on, before you say... "Don't play a full loot pvp game..." know that players like me are also a large portion of the population funding this game and keeping it alive. That being said, I do think full loot is necessary as it does provide the hardcore element to the game that is needed. As I see it, the zones could use some tweaking to fit a larger range of needs. Maybe an adjustment to Red Zones to allow players to keep items, but drop inventory would be a good mix between Yellow and Black zones.

Jerbready wrote:

No thanks, I'm happy to keep supporting ideas that I think will make my and others experience better. Keep the good ideas coming guys!
      You think full loot is only for the hardcore "endgame" players?

literally everything is tied to full loot, pvp, pve, gathering, it all revolves around the same system.......

you have blue/yellow zones, HCEs and arena?

you ask for things that will ruin the experience for more than it will benefit, and the most SBI will do is add more yellow zones for you carebears.

you dont want full loot? go play a themepark MMO, sandbox is not for you, who are you to say i cant walk up to you, kill you and take your stuff in a sandbox? hces are bad enough..

carebears are not a significant portion of the playerbase, and sandboxes due to being full loot often have less players than themepark mmos, and that is okay.

Albion is a pretty terrible game without the full loot pvp too, your basically asking for it to be old school runescape with a hell of a lot less to do.

rip cairn glascore!
      generic signature
    • Jerbready wrote:

Dismadeus wrote:

Albion is a pretty terrible game without the full loot pvp too...
      As a mobile Carebear, I disagree, I think it's a great game without it. I enjoy the pvp element it has to offer, and would love to see more of the world PvP content.The arena changes has been wonderful for a Carebear like me. I'd also like to see some more game modes.
      youd really like old school runescape i think, start it up now because you wont last long here with that mentality. Arena and HCE , blue and yellows are what you have to aspire to, GL.
      generic signature