Albion full loot system need you to consider this idea.

• Albion full loot system need you to consider this idea.

I enjoy playing this game solo and with friends, I have played almost 1000 hours, I started 3 months ago. this game the longest time I played.

Minor and Major update, that was good, and especially major update for the mobile version. even though the mobile version is still in Beta.

One thing but I don't really like is full drop items, some cases are good and bad.

Good for who like Ganking content, Bad for who like Economy content, especially sell goods to Black market.

This game is not for the casual gamer and I understand, because to reach full specs for a weapon tree. that was very challenging. and it took a month if you play for 5 hours a day.

======

Suggestion

is it possible and consider if in the red-zone area makes drop system to 50%, not 100%.? or especially for one map before Caerleon, like Deadvein gully, Mardale, Creag Morr, etc. Black Zone area 100% it's still OK.

Why? the reason if you have gathered or refined, craft let says in a week, and sell it to Caerleon and got killed with ganker. all your investment time and silver will be gone in sec.

The effect, You will be frustrated and also angry. and heart beating fast. if you having a heart attack. that will serious problem. I am not joke! but some of you maybe have same issue. I just want to play albion as long as I can and wanna enjoy.

Find silver in albion world is not easy. and if albion wanna get mobile users, I think it's not bad idea. blue, yellow not drop , red zone half drop and black zone full drop. Or half drop (red-zone) feature only for premium member.

Maybe some of you not agree with my idea.

Let me know your thoughts ,

Cheers!
    • I could even support RZ loot changes to inventory items only. It would boost red zone activity for both pve and pvp players, take load of blue and yellow zones for new players and RZ would be nice stepping stone to full loot BZ.

Getting more items to black market would be nice to boost item drops at dungeons. More items sold to black market could be removed from game if this would cause overflow of items from dungeons. No one likes running dungeons and getting near nothing from chests, get that economy going. It would also boost item prices at other royal city's as more items would be moved to center of the map.

Of Course these things might have downsides that I haven't mentioned but idea worth considering IMHO.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Tabor wrote:

You are choosing to run your stuff to Caerleon for what I can only assume for better profit. Otherwise you could choose to just sell your stuff in your home Royal city for slightly less profit. Risk/reward no?
      All players want to better profit and also faster. and silver can use for albion content

Deviator wrote:

You can make the drop system to 50% yourself by making the journey twice by taking half the goods each trip.
      Yes, but if this concept can be implemented, why not. More players, more content, more fun.

Lohend wrote:

I could even support RZ loot changes to inventory items only. It would boost red zone activity for both pve and pvp players, take load of blue and yellow zones for new players and RZ would be nice stepping stone to full loot BZ.

Getting more items to black market would be nice to boost item drops at dungeons. More items sold to black market could be removed from game if this would cause overflow of items from dungeons. No one likes running dungeons and getting near nothing from chests, get that economy going. It would also boost item prices at other royal city's as more items would be moved to center of the map.

Of Course these things might have downsides that I haven't mentioned but idea worth considering IMHO.
      Yeah, I agree.
    • I like this idea of only losing inventory! I think doing this would increase numbers in red and black zones also. Maybe being ganked in a Red Zone would just cause you to loose half your inventory, and yellow zones just cause you to die losing no inventory items. Blue zones, all safe. I believe this would also make the world pvp more accessible for smaller groups, but also more competitive than just a horde of bloodthirsty savages who haven't seen action in four hours of roaming.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jerbready ().

• Jerbready wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

Albion is a full loot pvp game not a half loot pvp game xD
      Risk of being killed and losing Your stuff is a part of the game. Nothing to change here.
      No need to fear change.
      It's not the fear of change.
      I buy that game BEACOUSE full loot pvp system. When You play a game where You just simply aquire gear and nothing can happen to it, it's Yours and You don't need to worry about it then value of that gear drasticly drop.
      When You can lose everything then You value it more. When You are at risk You have that mini adrenaline.
      Thanks to that full loot system i have joy of going hunting (PK/small ZvZ) in my quite good stuff. Yes i lose it occasionally but it's a small prize for that enjoyment :) I just grab another set and go to search another fight "blood for blood god!" Kill and be killed, get stuff and lose stuff. Thise is a beouty of circle of life in thise game. And i love it thanks to that!

p.s dont blame me beacouse of low IP thise is my new build i don't have 400/400 spec on that yet ;) and thise aren't my top gear for open world pvp also :P

The post was edited 4 times, last by NdwZ ().

• NdwZ, thank you for sharing your point of view. I agree that there is an element of the full loot system that can be appealing to some players. While I enjoy the hell out of PVP, to be honest, I'm quite terrible at it. Because of this, I find myself spending most of my time pvping in Arena or Blue Hellgates as they provide me(a solo player) with the easiest access to a fair fight. I'd love to get out an spend more time in the black and red zones fighting more challenging opponents, but don't believe I'd be able to kill a character like you and your friends with a 1535 IP as I roll in with my 750( the items I can afford to lose in the limited time I have to play).The issue I see currently, with the expanding popularity of the game and the newly released mobile version is that there is a major discrepancy between causal and hardcore players. I see both sides, and believe to keep both sides of the community continuing to pay for and keep this game alive and growing, some changes have to be made to pull new players into the other 80% of the world.
    • Jerbready wrote:

...with the easiest access to a fair fight.
      There is no such thing as fair fights in open world games. Even if you and some other guy agree to show up to some place with exactly X people. That doesn't stop anyone else from showing up. You are going to die a lot if you play this game. That's why the idea of managing your losses is so important for new players.

Once you have learned how to leave the city with 200k gear and come back with 1M in loot. You can scale everything upwards to the end game.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • But i'm a casual player... I'm not even close to being hardcore player :)
      Silver for decent gear (ok mby little worse that i'm used to wear) can be easly earned by craft/market fliping etc. Even by player who has little time to play :) 1300IP is really easy to achive (and it's enough to be competetive).
      Besides that Albion was always advertised as a full loot pvp game... If You don't wanna play in full loot pvp game You shouldn't even try. It's something like You was saying that WoW is bad and need a change beacouse You don't have chance to make raid boss without other ppl xD If You wanna solo game You don't play into MMO, if You don't like full loot then You don't play in full loot game.
      You have other problem... You are solo player... Ofc You can play Albion solo but any changes to loot system don't give You real acces to end game pvp content... Find a guild (even casual guild) after that Your experence with game will be better :) Ofc You can play solo if You wish but don't force changes into game beacouse others with help of thiers guild have advantage over You.
    • @NdwZ Thanks for your insight. I'm still inclined to believe there needs to be a more cohesive balance of full loot and safe gameplay in which a larger range of players can find their place and enjoy their experiance. Maybe that comes from other elements within the game? Who knows... I'm excited to see what the developers have in store!

Lohend wrote:

I could even support RZ loot changes to inventory items only. It would boost red zone activity for both pve and pvp players, take load of blue and yellow zones for new players and RZ would be nice stepping stone to full loot BZ.

@Lohend @diehendrick

What would your ideal Red and Yellow zone look like?

Where do you currently spend most of your time?
    • I have been a proponent of inventory loss only since I started playing. I still can't wrap my head around leveling up, buying some sweet T7.2 armor, then putting it in storage so you can wear T4 gear when you head to the BZ.

Edit: If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

I have been a proponent of inventory loss only since I started playing. I still can't wrap my head around leveling up, buying some sweet T7.2 armor, then putting it in storage so you can wear T4 gear when you head to the BZ.

Edit: If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
      You only wear T4 until you don't die so much. Then you go up to T5 etc. By the time you are ready for wearing 7.2, you don't even care what it costs, because you are rolling in silver, all the guys high-five you when you walk by, and all the girls want to date you.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
      Wouldn't that be awesome! I'd gladly take a ganking every time if that was the case. I'd also like to just bring items I enjoy playing. The whole run away strategy just isn't what I'm about. Sure, thats what works... But this change would incentivise some new specs, not just items that escape easily.
    • Piddle wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

I have been a proponent of inventory loss only since I started playing. I still can't wrap my head around leveling up, buying some sweet T7.2 armor, then putting it in storage so you can wear T4 gear when you head to the BZ.

You only wear T4 until you don't die so much. Then you go up to T5 etc. By the time you are ready for wearing 7.2, you don't even care what it costs, because you are rolling in silver, all the guys high-five you when you walk by, and all the girls want to date you.
      I completely understand the concept that when money is trivial, it's very easy to accept an equipment loss. The problem is I'm playing in a stacked deck. I'm up to 42 million now, but that's working my ass of doing different things. Players in big guilds/alliances romp around freely in T7 BZ making money hand over fist.
    • Jerbready wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

If that rule set was in place I would live in the BZ and RZ. Maybe 1% of my time has been in those zones, and just to explore before getting killed.
      Wouldn't that be awesome! I'd gladly take a ganking every time if that was the case. I'd also like to just bring items I enjoy playing. The whole run away strategy just isn't what I'm about. Sure, thats what works... But this change would incentivise some new specs, not just items that escape easily.
      That's a great point. My main spec is bow, but I wouldn't bring that out to BZ. So I put my high spec bow in the bank and head out with an unspecced bloodletter and can barely kill a rabbit.