imo, this game is WAY TOO GRINDY

• imo, this game is WAY TOO GRINDY

Takes so long to max out gear.. actually, that's the reason I stopped playing, because I realized I will probably never max out any tree. (Unless I get a IRL job and buy it for $$$, but I have been having crazy trouble finding a job)

There is still fun content, don't get me wrong, but knowing that I will never be at my maximum power just pushed me away.

After grinding my soul out for a month and realizing I completed probably 1/5th or even 1/10th of my goal, I pretty much burned out and lost interest in the repetitive, soul-less gameplay of grinding mobs to reach my maximum potential.

Haven't touched the game in about a month, logged in today and instantly got pushed away.

Just stating my mind, GL ya'll.
    • If you were grinding PvE content, it isn't just soul-less grinding mobs. There are lots of other fun PvE content, and PvP content you can try as well. What makes this game special is it's variety and flexibility, you can pretty much do anything you'd like on one account, you're not locked onto a specific form of content. What I recommend for you (if you wish to have more fun in this game) is to move on to another content or keep developing your PvE content.
      I'm mainly a PvE player, and I used to solo all the time, that was boring as well. But then I found a guild that accepted new players like me, and I started going onto their activities. They taught me about more content about the game (pve and pvp) as well as having fun with me. I think that's what made me stick onto the game. Albion is still kind of a group-player game, so having a group that sticks with you is really beneficial.
      Now game-wise, having a group do BDs (blue dungeons) with you will also be beneficial to your fame. You will gain more fame then solo dungeons, and get that feeling of working together. You'll also be better-off against other gankers.

Now if you're still solo, grinding PvE still won't be how you described it. Soul-less and reptitive. I mean it could get repetitive, but since all dungeons are randomly-generated it won't have that same repetitive feel as per say; Raid Shadow Legends. If you take the risk of going into RZ or BZ, you'll get that high-adrenaline feel because you're gonna be getting much better loot (and most importantly, fame) and you have the chance of experience pvp (ganks). You'll be staying on high alert most times, because you don't know when you're gonna see a red name pop up on the side of your screen.

Lastly, like @Crane said, you don't need max spec to enjoy this game. I got about 50 spec on my current weapon that I'm grinding with and I'm still able to stand a chance against gankers. And if you do like the feel of getting max everything, I feel you, but that doesn't mean you're gonna be all-powerful. It'll just get you an advantage. If you're a 100 spec player on your weapon and about 5-10 people with 50 spec gank you, it still won't be fair on you. If you want to be all-powerful, I suggest getting a group of players. That's what gets you the best advantage in this game.

If this still doesn't convince you, then cya.
    • Had a huge grin on my face reading this topic.

Getting 1/5 or 1/10 to your "max" coal within a month is not a grind. Most old school MMO-s took years to max. Getting into "pvp" takes litterally a day and most of it is your know-how about skills and equipment skills. I think "grinding my soul out" doesn't mean what you think it means. There are players out there that grind 400/400 weapon specs within days.
      Most economy skills are developed passively over time like farming/animal breeding etc. No time investment no profit.
      Reading your OP all i can see is a guy who roams blue zones and tries to get tier 8 gathering by collecting tin ore...

Not a single MMO would survive if it would be possible to max within a month. To easily archived "maxed" status is not good for longevity of the game.

BONUS: Calling someone "beta" for calling your whine out, wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter "easy way", makes me thing the opposite.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • 1. how to get 400/400 in "days???" I soloed random group dungeons for 5-10k per mob, and its still slow AF.

2. alpha and beta are about leadership, it has nothing to do with silver platters LMFAO. I can just tell the guy is a little bitch, so he thinks trying to be mean to people online makes him cool.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out the insult. ().

• Imagine being so salty about grinding in a game and when people calls out the pathetic weak mentality he answer with a "ShUt Up U bEtA mAlE"

Ur unemployed? So that means you have plenny of time to go bulk your mind and dedicate yourself maxing your spec. Honnestly with all that free time you have i believe in 2 week (if you're not a weak men) you can 400/400 your main weapon, head, armor, boots. It's like you want to be fit as fuck? Go to the fucking gym and sweat for that.

Take it or leave it. 400/400 is only for thoses who dedicate themselves for that or for thoses who swipe their credit card. If you don't have the mindset for that, gtfo and stay weak.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Imagine being so salty about grinding in a game and when people calls out the pathetic weak mentality he answer with a "ShUt Up U bEtA mAlE"

Ur unemployed? So that means you have plenny of time to go bulk your mind and dedicate yourself maxing your spec. Honnestly with all that free time you have i believe in 2 week (if you're not a weak men) you can 400/400 your main weapon, head, armor, boots. It's like you want to be fit as fuck? Go to the fucking gym and sweat for that.

Take it or leave it. 400/400 is only for thoses who dedicate themselves for that or for thoses who swipe their credit card. If you don't have the mindset for that, gtfo and stay weak.
      k bye bye beta male, don't come back to my thread unless you cant say the same shit to my face irl
    • miifi wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

Imagine being so salty about grinding in a game and when people calls out the pathetic weak mentality he answer with a "ShUt Up U bEtA mAlE"

k bye bye beta male, don't come back to my thread unless you cant say the same shit to my face irl
      Wtf is this reply

Is this a child's thread ?

Just close it already.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

miifi wrote:

you guys can keep clowning on my post.
      reality of the situation, you wouldn't dare say the same shit to my face, even if we lived in the same city
      matter of fact, imma take on both you cucks, at the same time, how bout dat?

(New York)
      Who cares what you can do IRL? Lol
      This isn't a brawl. It's a videogame forum. You can take your 'big' e-p***s elsewhere.
      He meant sexually. No one threatens to fight people on the internet in 2020. He wants to have sex with them both.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • ImaDoki wrote:

miifi wrote:

you guys can keep clowning on my post.
      reality of the situation, you wouldn't dare say the same shit to my face, even if we lived in the same city
      matter of fact, imma take on both you cucks, at the same time, how bout dat?

(New York)
      Who cares what you can do IRL? Lol
      This isn't a brawl. It's a videogame forum. You can take your 'big' e-p***s elsewhere.
      cool story beta male, are you finished?
    • miifi wrote:

1. how to get 400/400 in "days???" I soloed random group dungeons for 5-10k per mob, and its still slow AF.

2. alpha and beta are about leadership, it has nothing to do with silver platters LMFAO. I can just tell the guy is a little bitch, so he thinks trying to be mean to people online makes him cool.
      well,go out of blue zone,have atleast 10-30m silver gain daily, there u have it, max spec in less than a month
    • I actually think it's pretty easy to farm fame and didn't mind it at all. I think Albion is a solid game with the real downfall being in the absurd travel, economy being very wonky (crafting items from raw mats to finished goods being more expensive than buying the item, etc) and some other QoL changes needed.

Hell, I would gladly pay for each of my 3 chars across both accounts I made even which is insanely expensive compared to a single subscription but there's just too many... hurdles I guess I'd call it in Albion to be able to replace my main game but the way Albion stands (and most likely will remain) just makes it a quick hit-n-quit freeplay for me.
    • alturic1 wrote:

I actually think it's pretty easy to farm fame and didn't mind it at all. I think Albion is a solid game with the real downfall being in the absurd travel, economy being very wonky (crafting items from raw mats to finished goods being more expensive than buying the item, etc) and some other QoL changes needed.

Hell, I would gladly pay for each of my 3 chars across both accounts I made even which is insanely expensive compared to a single subscription but there's just too many... hurdles I guess I'd call it in Albion to be able to replace my main game but the way Albion stands (and most likely will remain) just makes it a quick hit-n-quit freeplay for me.
      It is not more expensive... just that people use focus, bonus from specific cities and laborers to minimize cost to the maximun.