The Off-Season Crystal Tournament

  • So the offseason tourney is now at the start of the next season? With ava weapons disallowed what is the point of moving the date of the tourney?

    Edit: apparently season has been moved a week as well. Still doesn't change the fact that announcing one date and then changing it 2 weeks in advance means you will have teams no showing due to plans already made.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Boedavildje ().

  • Mytherceria wrote:

    Boedavildje wrote:

    Can you at least give us the date of the tournament? With your strict rule of no subs you are likely to have teams unable to participate. And given that you are likely not getting more than 4-6 teams to qualify to begin with that kinda makes it important to plan.
    Hi @Boedavildje, the tournament will take place on the weekend of 15-16 August. If we have many teams participating, then we will run the first part of the tournament on Saturday and the final part on Sunday. Otherwise, it will be held all in one day. So please keep both days free to participate in the tournament. As for substitutes, the rules on this will be explained soon.

    Edit: We are updating the times when the tournament will take place. The new dates are now on the weekend of 22-23 August.
    Now says 22-23 It said before 15-16, so obviously It was announced. Boeda and more people took holidays for can play this Tournament, you just fucked all of us and now we won't be able to play in the other date just becouse you choosed to change that. We have jobs irl and we need coordinate too many things, like holidays in our jobs, now If you don't change it, my team won't be there. Really appreciate.

    Either way, It doesn't make any sense, release one tournament with the changes from one patch which change totally the meta.

    @Korn @Retroman @Mytherceria





    SuriyelD wrote:

    The day was not really announced. i think this way is better, since new patchs are coming. No one want to make the game looks bad for the first tournament.
    Just read above and you will see how It was announced.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by SkuzKabel ().

  • Good Day, As mentioned above it is totally understandable why skuz is concerned about boada not being able to play. However, as of today we are not totally sure of the teams that are going to play the tournament and it is not right for players to decide the times they can play or not. However the best solution to this would be to wait out for the teams that actually win the level 9 for it to be a deciding factor of when the tournament should be released. This would create a best scenario for all teams which would organize more teams contending the tournament. Right now the changes to the dates are 100% understandable but i am not sure if we should conclude to a date with the uncertainty of what teams are going to win or not. This should be decided by the winning teams at the end. Thus making it easier for the future of albion without any stress created. *DISCLAIMER a lot of teams have no idea of the dates of the tournament and it is unfair for this forum to be a deciding factor for them. For instance apollonator planned a trip during the 14 to the 17th, and he has a level 9 token however we are not 100 percent sure we are winning the tournament as well as skuz's team cannot show for the dates explained therefore all teams that win the tournament must get together to discuss the perfect times for playing. This way everyone is happy and no one gets to miss the tournament. @SkuzKabel @Retroman @Korn @Mytherceria

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Sol4ce ().

  • Realistically, a huge tournament like this shouldn't be held right after a combat balance change that completely changes the current healing meta and mdps meta. Even if I am for the changes because flash heal/dgs are busted, I think it's unfair for the teams that have been practicing a comp and a certain type of gameplay all season just for it to be changed right before the biggest cgvg reward of the season.
  • Mytherceria wrote:

    Hi, just to let you know that the tournament timings have been updated. The tournament will now take place on the weekend of 22-23 August instead.
    Hello, what i can say from my experience as pro player and competitive scene, it is absolutely not fair for the teams which have been training all season for this tournament to make them play with the new weapons and balance change, how it should go as "competitive":

    - League/season (S9) (team train to be the best and prepare for the final)
    - End of S9 -> final of crystal (lvl9)
    - Then the changes/new weapon are put online to welcome the new season, put in few days before finals will make it unfair for the best team train all season as i said previously.

    Also about the date its impossible to make everyone happy, the thing is to let people vote for a date before, then players can prepare it, for me for example we never player/management know 3 month before at least.

    ENEMY - @ENEMY_N1

    The post was edited 1 time, last by EnemyN1 ().

  • Boedavildje wrote:

    So the offseason tourney is now at the start of the next season? With ava weapons disallowed what is the point of moving the date of the tourney?

    Edit: apparently season has been moved a week as well. Still doesn't change the fact that announcing one date and then changing it 2 weeks in advance means you will have teams no showing due to plans already made.

    SkuzKabel wrote:

    Yeah like wtf is this? You announced before one date, people took holidays and plans off already for that weekend and now you change? No fucking way.... you can't do that

    Hi, I understand your concerns about it and that it's not an ideal situation for your team. It was not an easy decision to make, but shifting the tournament back by a week would allow more time to find and resolve any bugs or exploits that arise out of the content update, so that we can have a better tournament in general.

    Mytherceria#3744
  • Mytherceria wrote:

    Boedavildje wrote:

    So the offseason tourney is now at the start of the next season? With ava weapons disallowed what is the point of moving the date of the tourney?

    Edit: apparently season has been moved a week as well. Still doesn't change the fact that announcing one date and then changing it 2 weeks in advance means you will have teams no showing due to plans already made.

    SkuzKabel wrote:

    Yeah like wtf is this? You announced before one date, people took holidays and plans off already for that weekend and now you change? No fucking way.... you can't do that
    Hi, I understand your concerns about it and that it's not an ideal situation for your team. It was not an easy decision to make, but shifting the tournament back by a week would allow more time to find and resolve any bugs or exploits that arise out of the content update, so that we can have a better tournament in general.
    With this, what you will have is one tournament without one of the best teams... but I guess It is what It is, happens... right?

    GF = Get Fucked , on our side obviously.

    Each day, AO making worse and worse decisions
  • Mytherceria wrote:

    Boedavildje wrote:

    So the offseason tourney is now at the start of the next season? With ava weapons disallowed what is the point of moving the date of the tourney?

    Edit: apparently season has been moved a week as well. Still doesn't change the fact that announcing one date and then changing it 2 weeks in advance means you will have teams no showing due to plans already made.

    SkuzKabel wrote:

    Yeah like wtf is this? You announced before one date, people took holidays and plans off already for that weekend and now you change? No fucking way.... you can't do that
    Hi, I understand your concerns about it and that it's not an ideal situation for your team. It was not an easy decision to make, but shifting the tournament back by a week would allow more time to find and resolve any bugs or exploits that arise out of the content update, so that we can have a better tournament in general.
    Wouldn't the better solution have been to hold the tournament on the 15th-16th as previously announced and then shift the RoA patch date from the 12th to a week later on the 19th? As others have stated, it makes no sense to have a big tournament right after a major patch that contains new weapons and multiple combat balance changes.
    AO Quick Reference Guide
    Discord: Grimhawke#9254


  • The originally announcing post was only 3 days earlier than the change. Additionally, there was no official announcement on the Albion news, where players get informed when they log in the game. Many players don't go up on post often. even I was told by my teammate to look upon the post. if there is no one telling us, we will never know the date of the tournament.
  • It doesn't make sense to re-schedule something like this so soon. There should have never been a promised date to begin with. You need to work around the players with this one. Figure out the winners of the level 9 first and then lets talk about a date. The tournament that was supposed to happen in season 8 worked exactly like that. You messaged all the teams that had won level 9 and then you began scheduling. Just do it again.

    It has to be this way if you want a fair tournament.
  • SkuzKabel wrote:

    Mytherceria wrote:

    Boedavildje wrote:

    So the offseason tourney is now at the start of the next season? With ava weapons disallowed what is the point of moving the date of the tourney?

    Edit: apparently season has been moved a week as well. Still doesn't change the fact that announcing one date and then changing it 2 weeks in advance means you will have teams no showing due to plans already made.

    SkuzKabel wrote:

    Yeah like wtf is this? You announced before one date, people took holidays and plans off already for that weekend and now you change? No fucking way.... you can't do that
    Hi, I understand your concerns about it and that it's not an ideal situation for your team. It was not an easy decision to make, but shifting the tournament back by a week would allow more time to find and resolve any bugs or exploits that arise out of the content update, so that we can have a better tournament in general.
    With this, what you will have is one tournament without one of the best teams... but I guess It is what It is, happens... right?
    GF = Get Fucked , on our side obviously.

    Each day, AO making worse and worse decisions
    well.you just have your point of view

    Look from game perspective..

    It doesn't matter if one or two teams miss.

    The casual player won't see the difference anyway

    So a big sacrifice for the affected team a small or non existent for the game.

    It is all about getting some viewers and some promo, and sorry as long as some show up the objective to get some promo and some new players will be fulfilled.

    Different story and arguments would be if u have big streamers on the team..