The Off-Season Crystal Tournament

• Saabotage wrote:

Disregard wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

I do not want a participation trophy. But that doesn't mean I do not want to participate. yeah, maybe i would be eliminated the first round, or maybe i would go the whole way. how would you possibly know?

actually it makes cheese stratagies more viable... i dont even understand your reasoning on this one, but also you seem rather opinionated on my playing abilities, and youve never even met me, you havent the foggiest clue what my win/loss record is. so bite me.
      the fact I haven’t met you and don’t know who you are means that you would have absolutely 0 chance to win, or even get near the end. Your win/loss doesn’t matter below lvl 4-5Why should cheese strats be viable? The winner should be the best team not the team who found the best cheese
      Because, most of the teams that will be playing will already know what the other teams builds will be, when you come out with something unexpected it can change everything. look at last level 8 and level 9 crystals, where one team (dont remember who) came out with a cheese strategy and 40 seconds later they were 40 points ahead, cheese strats dont always work, and you dont usually try to use them the entire match (you switch to the normal build after the cheese). but when they do, they give you a near instant advantage really early in the match.
      and while the winner "should" be the best team, you could also argue that the team that successfully used a cheese strat was the best team, due to out thinking the other. their is no fair fight (though 5v5 is the closest your getting in this game). even then you have to play on an even battlefield or you lose, if another team is using a strategy and you know it, and you dont adapt to it or use it yourself, then you lose.

See, for me I always try, and yes I fail A LOT when I try things, but I try new things all the time and fail. Failure is only a bad thing is you lay in it. Yeah, my general mentality is "Pie in the Sky Hopes", that's me, but it beats saying " I'll never win, I'll lose the first round, so why bother". I just don't live my life that way, I shoot for the Sun, and am perfectly fine, if I grab hold of the Moon.
      Nobody ran anything that had not been seen many times before in lvl 8-9, it happened a month earlier on lvl 7 and after 1 crystal everyone had already adapted to it.
      There is no high hopes or small chance, if you cannot even reach lvl 8 then you have no chance to win a tournament.
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • Just wanna point out a potential issue. Avalonian weapons might come out at the end of the season based on information in the recent video. If this happens an off-season tournament is going to happen just after they come out. Might wanna think about the implications of having a tournament with so much gear and rewards on the line just after completely changing the combat/meta in the game.

Disregard this if ava weapons come out sooner, just something to think about if you are planning to release them then.

Still think the skin shouldn't be tradeable btw.
    • Boedavildje wrote:

Just wanna point out a potential issue. Avalonian weapons might come out at the end of the season based on information in the recent video. If this happens an off-season tournament is going to happen just after they come out. Might wanna think about the implications of having a tournament with so much gear and rewards on the line just after completely changing the combat/meta in the game.

Disregard this if ava weapons come out sooner, just something to think about if you are planning to release them then.

This ain't an issue since the teams that will adapt and/or create the meta first, will have an advantage for being the better team to adapt. Look into any other "competitive" games. It's exactly the same.

Oh and for people complaining you can't enter. The requirement is to win a level 9, everybody can just gear the shit up, buy a level 3 token, create a team and go for it. Get good. If you are good, you'll win.
      The only thing that is bad from this is literally having "locked" skins that now are given out again. But for the Rex one, between having 6 in the whole game or 11, the difference is marginal and not noticeable since it's value is decided by the players that wants to buy it. Some in this thread said it was worth 4bil. Last i found out, was the most recent one that sold, was above the 10bil mark(that is hearsay i have no proof, but i still wouldn't be surprised thought since xtrion, one known owner of the skins is looking to trade/sale his for 12billion last i heard). But hey, SBI isn't putting a silver tag on it, the players are. Don't blame them for that.
      I do feel for the community managing staff of SBI since from what i understand, this event is created by the Community managers/devs which have not way to actually code/create a fully custom event themself which makes sense. they ain't programmers, they are community managers/devs.
      They are there to communicate with us (the community) through the different social media about what the dev team plan to release (which they have been amazing for patch notes coms and upcoming updates in my opinion) and to give what feedback they get to the dev team so they can see and potentially adjust on it if we actually have valid arguments and concerns.

I'm the first that is harsh on them but on the other side, i know what shitshow it can be to manage something that has a bit of size and this game is huge. I can only praise them for what they have done so far and they have shown that they want to keep delivering better content, improve the communications and grow the community whether it's the cGVG one, the ZVZ or solo players. It is hard to make everyone satisfied.

Regarding this tournament, the only thing i hope that they'll do is remove ip cap completely for this since it should be the most "prestigious" match for anyone playing cgvg. If the stakes are this high it is all but normal only that the 2-4 best team of the game reaches it and since the cgvg levels already culls the stronger team from weaker ones, it seems right to use level 9's to show who is eligible.

So to finish this off, even thought i have strong opinions on some matter that SBI didn't address yet or other considerable mistake that were potentially easy to foresee in some situations (always easier to look back with insight which affects judgement about things tbf) @Mytherceria and the other community managers and devs that actually respond on reddit and the forum, Thank you for actually showing that you are listening and at the end of the day, we all deeply care about this game!
    • Deathskills wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

Just wanna point out a potential issue. Avalonian weapons might come out at the end of the season based on information in the recent video. If this happens an off-season tournament is going to happen just after they come out. Might wanna think about the implications of having a tournament with so much gear and rewards on the line just after completely changing the combat/meta in the game.

This ain't an issue since the teams that will adapt and/or create the meta first, will have an advantage for being the better team to adapt. Look into any other "competitive" games. It's exactly the same.
      If you look at other "competitive games" you will see them never, and I mean never, introducing a meta altering patch just before an important tournament.
    • Boedavildje wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

If you look at other "competitive games" you will see them never, and I mean never, introducing a meta altering patch just before an important tournament.
      rip, i can name you one that happened less than a year ago, R6 siege which is a T1 Esport...
      I'll even include Fortnite with their controller aim assist issue they had which made controller better than m/k which they only fix after a tournament even if they acknowledge the issue way before the tournament.
    • Deathskills wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

rip, i can name you one that happened less than a year ago, R6 siege which is a T1 Esport...I'll even include Fortnite with their controller aim assist issue they had which made controller better than m/k which they only fix after a tournament even if they acknowledge the issue way before the tournament.
      wow what amazing examples you brought to th table, you even had to specify R6 is a T1 esport, imagine that.

Also, Ubisoft, lmao.
    • I gave an example @DildoSwaggings and saying lmao ain't bringing an argument to further the conversation. Regarding the tradable part, i just disagree with the fact that it isn't a real mount like it was before since that makes more sense then the skin. if it's a skin, it's should be straight up bound to the account. Even thought on the downside, that means there's no way i could get my hands on one (which is hard to come by the billions needed in the first place).

The reason i specified which "tier" R6 esport is was for the people that might read the thread that do not follow any esport or Siege esport at all and could be unaware. Better inform people than not.

So please do not bring your sarcasm in the thread, help further the conversation with arguments instead of just flooding the thread with replies that are actually useless for the most part ( you do bring a valid point with athletes not really selling/giving away their "trophies/memorabilia".
    • Boedavildje wrote:

Hi, we are aware of the issue and it will be addressed when more details about the tournament are announced later.

Mytherceria#3744
    • SkuzKabel wrote:

Any news about tournament? Since Ava wepaons are coming on 12 August and pre season is gonna be pretty much same date, are we gonna use ava weapons in tournament? I don't think is a good idea...

SkuzKabel wrote:

@Mytherceria We're getting closer and closer and we don't know If we should grind so hard to get the fame credits in case new avalonians weapons will be allowed in the Tournament.

Hi @SkuzKabel, we will be announcing further details on the match structure and rules once we have the L9 winners. In the meantime, I can let you know that the new Avalonian weapons will not be allowed in the Tournament.

Mytherceria#3744
    • New

Boedavildje wrote:

Can you at least give us the date of the tournament? With your strict rule of no subs you are likely to have teams unable to participate. And given that you are likely not getting more than 4-6 teams to qualify to begin with that kinda makes it important to plan.

Hi @Boedavildje, the tournament will take place on the weekend of 15-16 August. If we have many teams participating, then we will run the first part of the tournament on Saturday and the final part on Sunday. Otherwise, it will be held all in one day. So please keep both days free to participate in the tournament. As for substitutes, the rules on this will be explained soon.

Edit: We are updating the times when the tournament will take place. The new dates are now on the weekend of 22-23 August.

Mytherceria#3744
    • New

Mytherceria wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

Can you at least give us the date of the tournament? With your strict rule of no subs you are likely to have teams unable to participate. And given that you are likely not getting more than 4-6 teams to qualify to begin with that kinda makes it important to plan.
      Hi @Boedavildje, the tournament will take place on the weekend of 15-16 August. If we have many teams participating, then we will run the first part of the tournament on Saturday and the final part on Sunday. Otherwise, it will be held all in one day. So please keep both days free to participate in the tournament. As for substitutes, the rules on this will be explained soon.
      It is 3 days after the patch, which is way too short for the player to adapt. most likely, there might be bugs and unbalanced things happen. Maybe give players one or two weeks to learn and fix the meta. Also, as I know, so many Chinese plays will rush in after the Chiese patches, so the tournament will be a good advertisement if we do it after more new players join the game.The patches that coming on Aug 12 are huge. (holy flash remove, and a huge 1h natural buff, and DGs nerfs). if something is broken viewers are not going to enjoy watching a broken game, which is bad for advertising the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SuriyelD ().

• New

Mytherceria wrote:

Boedavildje wrote:

您至少可以给我们比赛日期吗?根据严格的规则,您可能会有团队无法参加。考虑到您可能没有超过4-6支队伍有资格开始这种尝试,因此进行计划很重要。
      @Boedavildje,比赛将于8月15 16上周末的地方。如果我们有很多团队参加,那么我们将在周六进行比赛的第一部分,在周日进行最后的部分。否则,它将在一天内全部举行。因此,请保持这两天自由参加比赛。至于替代品,有关规则将很快予以解释。
      其实我想问,cgvg的目的是什么,是让更多玩家参与,还是在游戏内营造一个5V5比赛?