The Off-Season Crystal Tournament

• Ravenar wrote:

Hey Myth, I just wanted to refer you to how you f'ed up with the announcement:Skin Items - White Tiger and Sand Salamander

Thanks, I remember you raising the concern and this was explained in the above thread, where from then on we've published forum announcements that link directly to the website news article, to prevent any confusion. I referred the quote to Neef, as this was the official information that was related to his comment. If you have any further concerns about this, please feel free to reach out to me.

Mytherceria#3744
    • Ruukio wrote:

it seems a joke to me implementing all those silver sink mechanics etc. and then dropping 20b silver to winners of some stupid off season tournament.
      That isn't how any of this works. A skin being given to a player doesn't increase the amount of silver in the game at all.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Would be more fun for everyone if it was a tournament open to any 5v5 team. At the beggining you could do some fast qualifiers to reduce until 16 teams, after that, make a cup style tournament with those teams with IP CAP (1200) and NO DROP.
      Making that a democratic E-Sport event.
      Imagine if we discover some really good players/teams that have low money but high skills?
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

Would be more fun for everyone if it was a tournament open to any 5v5 team. At the beggining you could do some fast qualifiers to reduce until 16 teams, after that, make a cup style tournament with those teams with IP CAP (1200) and NO DROP.
      Imagine if we discover some really good players/teams that have low money but high skills?
      Thanks daarionaharis, for putting my it into a cogent argument,
      this triggers me to badly to do so. but thank you.
    • Saabotage wrote:

DaarioNaharis wrote:

Would be more fun for everyone if it was a tournament open to any 5v5 team. At the beggining you could do some fast qualifiers to reduce until 16 teams, after that, make a cup style tournament with those teams with IP CAP (1200) and NO DROP.
      Thanks daarionaharis, for putting my it into a cogent argument,this triggers me to badly to do so. but thank you.
      stop that I think we have a decent pyramid of worthiness.

We have round table and we have Megas.

Please go away with your "for everyone" you obviously are in the wrong attitude..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

DaarioNaharis wrote:

Thanks daarionaharis, for putting my it into a cogent argument,this triggers me to badly to do so. but thank you.
      stop that I think we have a decent pyramid of worthiness.
      We have round table and we have Megas.

Please go away with your "for everyone" you obviously are in the wrong attitude..
      don't forget about the cartels!
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Ravenar wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

DaarioNaharis wrote:

stop that I think we have a decent pyramid of worthiness.We have round table and we have Megas.

don't forget about the cartels!
      Megas and cartels are linked.
    • haraj wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Bogul wrote:

Will the skin be tradeable?
      Yes, it will be.
      YO WHAT?
      Are you seriously releasing 5 more tradable skins when there are only 4 skins available and every single one is worth 5 billion?

That's fucking over all the people who have this skin right now.
      Thought there is only 1 left not used rest banned/used/inactive?

The post was edited 1 time, last by DildoSwaggings ().

• Ok, After talking with someone affiliated with Albion, I have been told the Actual Truth of why this Tournament is restricted to level 9 crystal.

The Truth: Mytherceria the Community Manager puts on events, however these events are voluntary and the Community Manager gets no actual Coding Support from the Dev team for the events held. With 100k people on the server and a very small team of volunteers, logistically, it would be a nightmare and complete disaster to try to host a tournament with 500 teams in it (because yet again the dev team give the community manager no acutal coding support to hold these events.). In past events: The original arena tournament was a disaster, The Donkey Death race had 8000 people show up for 300 available spots, the Avalonian Invasion had 4000 people sitting out side the zones it was being held in trying to get in. So they put a it at level 9 to severely limit the teams that play, so that way the handful of volunteers that are gonna conduct it, can properly manage it; so it isn't a complete disaster.

There's the truth. I am no longer angry. I'm a little irked that i still can't be a part of it, due to its timings and limitations, but at least now I have an actual understanding of why it is the way it is. Ignoring my anger and deleting my posts only fueled my anger... As you would expect...However, now that I know the actual truth of the matter, I not only understand; I can be understanding.
      Mythercieria; I do not set out to make your job more diffecult then it already is, and I do appreciate you attempting to put events together! IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE DEVS ACTUALLY GAVE YOU SOME ASSISTANCE TO MAKE A SERVER WIDE EVENT THAT DIDN'T GO UP IN FLAMES. But after 3 years of playing this game, I won't get my hopes up. So I am posting this long post to (in the end) make amends for my ranting/raving/dog cussing you. And to make amends I am going back to all forms of social media and deleting my rants, raves and Dog cussing that I did there. So in conclusion.

THE APOLOGY: I AM SORRY for Dog Cussing you, with my limited understanding of the situation.

If you look at it, my anger wasn't that your holding an event, or the sabertooth rex prize, but merely that I don't get to be a part of it; so please keep holding events... maybe one day the development team will give you some support so the entire server can partake in an event, that doesn't go down in flames. Also, saying something similar in the beginning would have helped something like: Due to Logistcal concerns and a limited staff we have to make the field available to partake in the tournament very small; would go a long way to alleviate peoples concerns/emotions.

that is all.

Spoiled Child OUT!
    • @Saabotage it’s hilarious how you are so worked up about a tournament you would likely be eliminated in the first round in.

normal season crystals do not require 20 sets of 8.2 gear. Go do some lvl 3s and try winning those, then once you start winning lvl 5-6 just find a guild that will fund your sets for the higher levels.

I personally think winning lvl 9 is a bit of a ridiculous ask since the 2nd best team in the game who would normally get white tigers might not enter the tournament because of lvl 9 matchmaking (this coming from someone who lost to the best team in the game on lvl 8 and never got to play level 9 last season)

if anything all that having it at lvl 8-9 winners only instead of open circuit does it make it less likely for some cheese shit or bad matchmaking to fuck up the results. Try winning some actual crystals before crying that you can’t enter a tournament you don’t deserve to participate in and int your 8.2 gear.
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • I do not want a participation trophy. But that doesn't mean I do not want to participate. yeah, maybe i would be eliminated the first round, or maybe i would go the whole way. how would you possibly know?

actually it makes cheese stratagies more viable... i dont even understand your reasoning on this one, but also you seem rather opinionated on my playing abilities, and youve never even met me, you havent the foggiest clue what my win/loss record is. so bite me.
    • Saabotage wrote:

I do not want a participation trophy. But that doesn't mean I do not want to participate. yeah, maybe i would be eliminated the first round, or maybe i would go the whole way. how would you possibly know?

actually it makes cheese stratagies more viable... i dont even understand your reasoning on this one, but also you seem rather opinionated on my playing abilities, and youve never even met me, you havent the foggiest clue what my win/loss record is. so bite me.
      the fact I haven’t met you and don’t know who you are means that you would have absolutely 0 chance to win, or even get near the end. Your win/loss doesn’t matter below lvl 4-5

Why should cheese strats be viable? The winner should be the best team not the team who found the best cheese
      IGN: DungeonRealms
    • Disregard wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

I do not want a participation trophy. But that doesn't mean I do not want to participate. yeah, maybe i would be eliminated the first round, or maybe i would go the whole way. how would you possibly know?

the fact I haven’t met you and don’t know who you are means that you would have absolutely 0 chance to win, or even get near the end. Your win/loss doesn’t matter below lvl 4-5
      Why should cheese strats be viable? The winner should be the best team not the team who found the best cheese
      Because, most of the teams that will be playing will already know what the other teams builds will be, when you come out with something unexpected it can change everything. look at last level 8 and level 9 crystals, where one team (dont remember who) came out with a cheese strategy and 40 seconds later they were 40 points ahead, cheese strats dont always work, and you dont usually try to use them the entire match (you switch to the normal build after the cheese). but when they do, they give you a near instant advantage really early in the match.

and while the winner "should" be the best team, you could also argue that the team that successfully used a cheese strat was the best team, due to out thinking the other. their is no fair fight (though 5v5 is the closest your getting in this game). even then you have to play on an even battlefield or you lose, if another team is using a strategy and you know it, and you dont adapt to it or use it yourself, then you lose.

See, for me I always try, and yes I fail A LOT when I try things, but I try new things all the time and fail. Failure is only a bad thing is you lay in it. Yeah, my general mentality is "Pie in the Sky Hopes", that's me, but it beats saying " I'll never win, I'll lose the first round, so why bother". I just don't live my life that way, I shoot for the Sun, and am perfectly fine, if I grab hold of the Moon.