The Off-Season Crystal Tournament

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Korn wrote:

    Bogul wrote:

    Sinatra.SUN wrote:

    It must be a mistake when you write that you have to win a lvl9 fight to participate?

    lvl9 is the season end fight, so that makes absolutely no sense.

    it would make more sense if you had to win a lvl7 fight, so maybe just a typo?.
    I believe thats the point.There is potentially multiple L9 fights at the end of the Season - hence no "true" "best" team.

    S8 had 3 teams play a L9 match and it felt a bit weird, not knowing who really was the best team.
    Keep in mind that as you can now buy up to level 3 tokens straight away, there is a very high chance that we'll see far more level 9 matches this season compared to the next one. Previously, in order for 1 level 3 token to exit, 4 level 1 matches were required.
    WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO ANYTHING? THE POST SAYS YOU WANT TO GROW CRYSTAL LEAGUE, BUT ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WILL GET THE CHANCE TO PLAY IN THIS EXCEPT A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE. HOW DOES MAKING IT SOME SUPER ELITE TOURNAMENT GROW CRYSTAL LEAGUE? EITHER YOUR FOOLS. OR YOU JUST WANT TO GIVE THE ELITE PLAYERS IN THE GAME A LOT OF MONEY. EITHER WAY YOUR ORIGINAL POST IS DECEPTIVE AND MISLEADING, AND EVERY PERSON INVOLVED WITH THIS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. YOU CAN HYPE THIS ALL YOU WANT. BUT NOBODY WILL CARE BECAUSE NOBODY CAN BE A PART OF IT. I SWEAR ITS LIKE NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED A MMO IN YOUR ENTIRE LIVES. JUST IDIOTIC.
  • Your caps are with you.

    technically its a level 10 competition, and a lvl 10 competition means you win lvl9.

    you have all the time in the world to qualify, and if you want to be there , just train and qualify.

    And get ready for this:
    What is the difference between forum posts and crystal fights?.
    -only crystals are won with caps.


    And yes im highfiving myself now.
  • You won't be participating in this Tournament either.

    and yes, I will keep posting my extreme displeasure about this until they change it to be WAY more inclusive.

    fact is; I am the tip of this spear. You think the other hundred thousand people in this game are gonna be; " Hey good for those 30 people getting a chance to win 4 billion silver."

    Oh, by the way, feel free to show me where it says this is a level 10 crystal!
  • Saabotage wrote:

    DEAR SBI YOU deleted my post where I called you ridiculous. YOUR RIDICULOUS. You don't have common sense that God gave to Bread.

    MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT MORE INCLUSIVE!
    It cannot be more inclusive.

    Everyone can participate, and the lvl1 crystal fights are even without losing your gear.
    A tournament where everyone can participate, is the very definition of inclusive.

    I wont win , you wont win - but we can both participate if we want. how can that be bad?.


    I think making a rockstar event like this makes a lot of sense. im not sure why it wouldnt be done as the lvl9 matches , but its gonna be a great event and the winners will indeed be legendary and we will have some crystal season winners and for me thats a great thing.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Sinatra.SUN ().

  • No, everyone cannot participate. their is no way almost anyone can participate, at most only 10 teams will be able to participate. because most people cannot afford the amount of gear it will take to do an entire season of crystals just to qualify.

    Why should a tournament in the off season be qualified by fighting during the season? ( ALSO, UNLESS YOU OWN A TERRITORY YOU WILL FIGHT THE ENTIRE SEASON TO QUALIFY FOR THIS AND RECIEVE NO REWARD FOR DOING SO)

    Furthermore; the season has already started and those people who are at level 6 and 7 Crystals now have a HUGE advantage over anybody who may wish to participate in that tournament.

    Yet again, SBI not bothering to plan anything with any kind of thought.

    to basically give 4 billion silver to the wealthiest and most elitist groups of people in the game, is just their back door way to make sure those people stick around and continue to generate "buzz" for them. If they actually wanted to "grow" crystals they would have announced this before the season started & given a relatively simple way to be a part of it.

    But that's ok, they will use the same excuse they always do when they royal screw up an event; " We didn't expect such a large response." or some other BS like that. They should have known from the Beginning that making it Elitest, and worth so much would would piss a good portion of the community off.

    and by the way, it could easily be more inclusive. they could say" if you want to participate in this tournament, Sign up here:."

    They knew they would piss people off with this, this is why they are deleting posts, instead of growing a pair of Balls and doing the right damned thing.
  • Or i could be acting like a pissed off person who has spent 3 years handing this company money, just to repeatedly watch them screw over the entire population time and time again. in exchange for a small niche group of people that always get the benefits of playing this game. call me a spoiled child I do not care. they are giving the rarest object in this game to an extremely small group of people, and not allowing 99.99999 of people to even attempt to get it.

    the only groups who even have a % chance at getting ihto this tournament are already at level 6 or higher in crystals now. I honestly don't care what you think of me, go run your "strong solo guild", and let me work my anger out.

    or maybe if you have time create another guild (bridgelock) and suck some new players dry of all the money they make and call it doing them a favor.
  • I think it's a good idea to do a tournament where we can see the best players, it's a good showcase, but SBI falls into several mistakes in my opinion


    - This will not in any way promote the crystal league for albion average player (the list of false arguments given by SBI to justify many of its decisions is endless, it is hypocritical and toxic conduct)

    - Totally disproportionate rewards (will be greater than winning 5 seasons in a row for an entire guild)

    - The requirements to play the championship is too high. This creates hopelessness and frustration and a feeling that the company only works and strives for certain players.



    Good ideas can turn into garbage if the details are not taken care of
  • Fary wrote:

    I think it's a good idea to do a tournament where we can see the best players, it's a good showcase, but SBI falls into several mistakes in my opinion


    - This will not in any way promote the crystal league for albion average player (the list of false arguments given by SBI to justify many of its decisions is endless, it is hypocritical and toxic conduct)

    - Totally disproportionate rewards (will be greater than winning 5 seasons in a row for an entire guild)

    - The requirements to play the championship is too high. This creates hopelessness and frustration and a feeling that the company only works and strives for certain players.



    Good ideas can turn into garbage if the details are not taken care of
    I don't disagree with anything in your post. My only contention is it being for an "elite" few, while at the same time saying that they are doing it to "grow Crystal league".
    as a matter a fact I agree with your every word, and you put it so much better then me, because Im pissed about this, and cannot be counted on to put anything eloquently at this time.
  • Wasn't the white tiger a recuiter's skin ? If so I thought they were not allowed to ever be used again? I mean it does say Unique item, SBI slowly taking back all the items they were only for certain things and its getting stupid. Season mounts were said in its own desc that its a season reward only and now your doing the same to recruiter items, Its just wrong, If your not going to hold to your own word don't say it to start with. Just killing the collecters of albion huh items hold value to what you tell us there earned by, When you take an item that was said to only be gained by doing something then later down the road change your mind and add another way for the item to be earned you kill your credit and kills the collectors trust in SBI. I understand that only a few will get theses items but still you should make new items not reuse something that was mean't for something else.

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

  • Neef wrote:

    Wasn't the white tiger a recuiter's skin ? If so I thought they were not allowed to ever be used again? I mean it does say Unique item, SBI slowly taking back all the items they were only for certain things and its getting stupid. Season mounts were said in its own desc that its a season reward only and now your doing the same to recruiter items, Its just wrong, If your not going to hold to your own word don't say it to start with. Just killing the collecters of albion huh items hold value to what you tell us there earned by, When you take an item that was said to only be gained by doing something then later down the road change your mind and add another way for the item to be earned you kill your credit and kills the collectors trust in SBI. I understand that only a few will get theses items but still you should make new items not reuse something that was mean't for something else.

    Hey Neef, just wanted to refer you to a quote from our forum post regarding the White Tiger Referral Season and beyond:

    PrintsKaspian wrote:

    One more note: while past referral seasons offered one-time, exclusive rewards, items from the current and future referral seasons may become available again in the future. Items given out in past referral seasons will remain exclusive, and will not be given out again.

    Mytherceria#3744
  • I personally think this is a great idea. And to those that think that it's too much to be handing out 5bil silver each, those players are already wealthy, regardless of getting 5bil silver or not. In fact, I would say that the majority of the players that will end up winning will keep and use the skin just to show off that they are one of the best with one of the best skins in the game.
  • Just wanna point out that if you cannot afford to play cgvgs during the season to qualify for this tournament than how the hell are you gonna afford playing in the tournament? And then we aren't even talking about actually competing, anyone good enough to potentially win the tournament has no issue making money through cgvgs. So if you think that you are good enough and want to participate in the tourney you have plenty of time to qualify.

    I do however agree that winning a level 9 to qualify should be lowered to for instance winning a level 8. With the level 9 being only one fight of random matchmaking you can easily end up in situations where several potential top 3 teams won't be able to participate in the off season tourney. For instance what if the current #1 and #2 team have to fight each other in the level 9 fight.

    I'm also gonna go ahead and assume that the skins aren't tradeable so then they aren't worth any silver.

    All SBI wants to accomplish with this is give an extra boost to people doing cgvgs and have a clear winning of the crystal gvg season. Doesn't seem to bad at accomplishing that.
  • Boedavildje wrote:

    Just wanna point out that if you cannot afford to play cgvgs during the season to qualify for this tournament than how the hell are you gonna afford playing in the tournament? And then we aren't even talking about actually competing, anyone good enough to potentially win the tournament has no issue making money through cgvgs. So if you think that you are good enough and want to participate in the tourney you have plenty of time to qualify.

    I do however agree that winning a level 9 to qualify should be lowered to for instance winning a level 8. With the level 9 being only one fight of random matchmaking you can easily end up in situations where several potential top 3 teams won't be able to participate in the off season tourney. For instance what if the current #1 and #2 team have to fight each other in the level 9 fight.

    I'm also gonna go ahead and assume that the skins aren't tradeable so then they aren't worth any silver.

    All SBI wants to accomplish with this is give an extra boost to people doing cgvgs and have a clear winning of the crystal gvg season. Doesn't seem to bad at accomplishing that.
    their is a difference between buying 5 sets of 8.2 gear and 15-20 sets of 8.2 gear.
    I'm guessing as one of the top gvgers in the game for the last 2 years, its probably been 2 years sense you dropped even 1 silver on gvg gear. But also, why would you one of the top GvGers in the game want more people to enter the tournament?
    you wouldn't because it will lower your chance at getting a 4 billion silver reward. the only reason you want the entry to be lowered to level 8 is so it will make it easier for yourself to qualify, and not others. I mean what level token do you have 12 days into the season? level 6 level 7?

    You want a definitive winner in the season, do it in the season. and the reason SBI stated they wanted to do this tournament is to "grow Crystal League" but Obviously that's a Lie due to how they are implementing it.
  • Mytherceria wrote:

    Neef wrote:

    Wasn't the white tiger a recuiter's skin ? If so I thought they were not allowed to ever be used again? I mean it does say Unique item, SBI slowly taking back all the items they were only for certain things and its getting stupid. Season mounts were said in its own desc that its a season reward only and now your doing the same to recruiter items, Its just wrong, If your not going to hold to your own word don't say it to start with. Just killing the collecters of albion huh items hold value to what you tell us there earned by, When you take an item that was said to only be gained by doing something then later down the road change your mind and add another way for the item to be earned you kill your credit and kills the collectors trust in SBI. I understand that only a few will get theses items but still you should make new items not reuse something that was mean't for something else.
    Hey Neef, just wanted to refer you to a quote from our forum post regarding the White Tiger Referral Season and beyond:

    PrintsKaspian wrote:

    One more note: while past referral seasons offered one-time, exclusive rewards, items from the current and future referral seasons may become available again in the future. Items given out in past referral seasons will remain exclusive, and will not be given out again.

    Hey Myth, I just wanted to refer you to how you f'ed up with the announcement:
    Skin Items - White Tiger and Sand Salamander
    IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
    Join Albion