Has Royal continent gotten to crowded?

• Has Royal continent gotten to crowded?

We have all noticed it. The cities are packed, gathering zones are picked clean and solo dungeons are usually all cleared.
      Sure it might be forcing players to go to the black zone a bit more but honestly something I just want something more chill and not constantly fearing for my life.

It's great that loads of people are playing and that new folks are joining up but it really feels like the royal continent has reached its limit.
    • cause you're suppose to explore bz at one point, new players (and sadly some "veterant" also lol) can't stop complain about how their solo dongeon and ressouce node are always empty but they keep staying in safe zone for ages with way enough fame and money to play in bz were node and srd are full. This kind of player with 10M+ fame and millions in bank who keep farming in safe zone are the one denying content for real noobs imo.
      The difference in reward between the royal zones and the black zones should be even greater if you do not faction flag.
    • From what i've personally noted, it seems like most players are packed into yellow zones. So i imagine it either means that there is lack of incentive to progress further, Or people dont have the guild/knowledge to support a more risky adventure.. Or simple the transition is too steep?

i dont know i just came back from a quite long break but honestly black zones are still fair game and there is ALOT of space out there that is not being used. eventually as people feel more comfortable i imagine they will attempt to transition? although idk T7 red zones might be kinda counter intuitive for pushing most players to black. lets be honest half the people who have started probably wont hit T8 content any time soon if ever.
      Hello user
    • It is more packed during weekends (which is expected), but yes without the trade hubs or banks that royal cities offer someone can't really live in the BZs so that must be addressed if we are to see more people in the BZs. Also remember that some people no matter the benefits or quality of life improvements will never leave blue or yellow zones (no matter how much time they play). Also royals got one city less since queen because there was a lot! of people on Caerleon, and not it is spread to the other cities.
    • Spook wrote:

From what i've personally noted, it seems like most players are packed into yellow zones. So i imagine it either means that there is lack of incentive to progress further, Or people dont have the guild/knowledge to support a more risky adventure.. Or simple the transition is too steep?

i dont know i just came back from a quite long break but honestly black zones are still fair game and there is ALOT of space out there that is not being used. eventually as people feel more comfortable i imagine they will attempt to transition? although idk T7 red zones might be kinda counter intuitive for pushing most players to black. lets be honest half the people who have started probably wont hit T8 content any time soon if ever.
      Yep, it is a tough go as a solo player. I don't see BZ in my future anytime soon. The risk isn't worth the reward
    • I found once you get to T6, T7 & T8 content, you really need to find a guild that is established in the black.

That way, you can still solo, but you then live in the black. They are either based at one of the Outposts like Merlyns, Arthur's, one of the other or have a hideout that is at least Tier two.

Without this, I could not see a path as a predominantly solo player how I could progress due to crowding in the Royals.

However this years road map has further stated they are looking to try and ease this with the Avalonian roads.

Time will tell.
    • Personally I'd love to go exploring in the black zone or even spend more time in red zones. But I'm not willing to risk my gear when the game performs as poorly as it does. I simply refuse to lose my gear/resources to a ganker without being given the chance to fight back. If they focussed on reducing lag and fixing bugs that cause crashes instead of breaking the game/reducing performance with each patch I'm sure many more players would leave the yellow zones.
    • The problem is that the new black zone are bad for new players and small guild because even if I like the design if you dont have a guild territory or hideout you need to make too much time on the horse, portal zones are without any interest. And no meaning in make home in the bz towns because prices to equip in the market are ridicolously expensive. Royals are more easy, 3m on the horse and from a city you are in a map that has some contents to do.
    • Imho they placed the portals on the BZ too close together and not spread enough, it unrealistic to request players to do 10-12 zone riding to get to a zone that their guild has managed to capture or has build some HO. BZ need at least 2 more of each ciity portals on the inner ring, max distance to a portal should be 6 zones, anything else is just gankfest and swiftclaw simulator...
    • McDobs wrote:

Imho they placed the portals on the BZ too close together and not spread enough, it unrealistic to request players to do 10-12 zone riding to get to a zone that their guild has managed to capture or has build some HO. BZ need at least 2 more of each ciity portals on the inner ring, max distance to a portal should be 6 zones, anything else is just gankfest and swiftclaw simulator...
      hopefully this is something that wormholes will fix. Giving small groups and solos a chance to get deep into the BZ is something that is desperately needed
    • ToxicFruit wrote:

We have all noticed it. The cities are packed, gathering zones are picked clean and solo dungeons are usually all cleared.
      Sure it might be forcing players to go to the black zone a bit more but honestly something I just want something more chill and not constantly fearing for my life.

It's great that loads of people are playing and that new folks are joining up but it really feels like the royal continent has reached its limit.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and in an upcoming patch, the Solo Randomized Dungeons in Blue and Yellow zones will contain some changes to help with this. Basically, the entrance of the dungeon will despawn 30s after you enter them which means:
      • availability of the dungeons will increase as when it despawns faster, it will also respawn faster (so less chance of it being cleared)
      • there is a higher chance of playing alone

If you'd like to hear more about the upcoming changes, you can check out AlbionTV's interview with Retroman here: twitch.tv/videos/628783968

Hope this helps!

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

ToxicFruit wrote:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and in an upcoming patch, the Solo Randomized Dungeons in Blue and Yellow zones will contain some changes to help with this. Basically, the entrance of the dungeon will despawn 30s after you enter them which means:
      • availability of the dungeons will increase as when it despawns faster, it will also respawn faster (so less chance of it being cleared)
      • there is a higher chance of playing alone

If you'd like to hear more about the upcoming changes, you can check out AlbionTV's interview with Retroman here: twitch.tv/videos/628783968

Hope this helps!

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      Wow great to hear this! Recently there has been a trend of unglagged people equipping higher level gear rushing other unflagged people's dungeon bosses due to the lack of dungeons available, making it pretty unfair to the one clearing the dungeon since he can't flag up in time to defend his dungeon. Constantly being flagged just to defend dungeons in yellow zones seem pretty drastic to me so i'm glad to hear this!
    • From a new players viewpoint.
      Most guilds have crazy requirements the there's the potato guilds that try to milk you.
      I was lucky somebody talked me through some things etc so I'm venturing out into black zones and red zones so far black zones seem the most chill higher chances of getting back out but the red zones are cancer nothing but large groups right at exits and entrances etc so yeah it's a bit hard for me to fully transition.