Has Royal continent gotten to crowded?

• sandstorm22 wrote:

Spook wrote:

From what i've personally noted, it seems like most players are packed into yellow zones. So i imagine it either means that there is lack of incentive to progress further, Or people dont have the guild/knowledge to support a more risky adventure.. Or simple the transition is too steep?

i dont know i just came back from a quite long break but honestly black zones are still fair game and there is ALOT of space out there that is not being used. eventually as people feel more comfortable i imagine they will attempt to transition? although idk T7 red zones might be kinda counter intuitive for pushing most players to black. lets be honest half the people who have started probably wont hit T8 content any time soon if ever.
      Yep, it is a tough go as a solo player. I don't see BZ in my future anytime soon. The risk isn't worth the reward
      Not sorry bud but with that mentality you will never ahead in this game.

I dont understand how people can play in the royals. Its boring, the fame and silver and loot are a complete joke.

Plus theres no good content there outside of the occassional Faction Fight which tend to turn out to be garbage too.

Join a guild and get your butt in the blackzones bud.
    • Georg51 wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Spook wrote:

From what i've personally noted, it seems like most players are packed into yellow zones. So i imagine it either means that there is lack of incentive to progress further, Or people dont have the guild/knowledge to support a more risky adventure.. Or simple the transition is too steep?

i dont know i just came back from a quite long break but honestly black zones are still fair game and there is ALOT of space out there that is not being used. eventually as people feel more comfortable i imagine they will attempt to transition? although idk T7 red zones might be kinda counter intuitive for pushing most players to black. lets be honest half the people who have started probably wont hit T8 content any time soon if ever.
      Yep, it is a tough go as a solo player. I don't see BZ in my future anytime soon. The risk isn't worth the reward
      Not sorry bud but with that mentality you will never ahead in this game.
      I dont understand how people can play in the royals. Its boring, the fame and silver and loot are a complete joke.

Plus theres no good content there outside of the occassional Faction Fight which tend to turn out to be garbage too.

What qualifies as getting ahead?
    • probably ahead means the occasional raid (but only with specific compositions, so if you only play melee you're out), static dungeon FF with scout, safe ganking with 2 10man squads, and guild/alliance CTAs for boring mount-simulator 10 zones to throw 2 E abilities and either be dead or chase down stranglers with the rest of 200 alliance members stomping small guilds.

Or even better, stand with t8 gear with other 300 alliance members in an area trying to prevent small guilds from coming into the zone aka The REAL ZvZ experience!
    • 'Get Ahead' meaning fame up and get more silver...

Not everything in the BZ's is about ZVZ Guild nonsense. That crap is for the birds.

The royals are cancer however. Conditional flag garbage mixed with horrible fame and silver rewards. Literally no reason to be in the royals outside of transporting to and from Caer for the Black Market.

If you're not finding a way to live in the BZ's then you're playing checkers in a game of chess.
    • Georg51 wrote:

'Get Ahead' meaning fame up and get more silver...

Not everything in the BZ's is about ZVZ Guild nonsense. That crap is for the birds.

The royals are cancer however. Conditional flag garbage mixed with horrible fame and silver rewards. Literally no reason to be in the royals outside of transporting to and from Caer for the Black Market.

If you're not finding a way to live in the BZ's then you're playing checkers in a game of chess.
      Thankfully I like checkers. To many, the BZ is cancer.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Spook wrote:

Not sorry bud but with that mentality you will never ahead in this game.I dont understand how people can play in the royals. Its boring, the fame and silver and loot are a complete joke.

Being able to play the end game content in T7 & T8 Zones.

However, some people dont like to be challenged and like the easy content.

So yeah, the Royals sounds like the place for you.
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

However, some people don't like to be challenged and like the easy content.

It is not a challenge that most people are afraid of it's the lack of getting them ready for what it is coming that is turning them away from BZs. You go do a solo dungeon and get dove by 3 people. That is not a challenge (even less for a new player) that is just unfair. If you are new and this happens to you the first time you go out to try it what are the odds of you coming back?

What WOULD be a great addition to the game would be that YZ dungeons have 100% chance to be merged with another dungeon of the same type. So you do a solo and it is merged with another solo which then flags players red to one another.
      Same with group dungeons. They get merged which means you will have a high chance of running into another group. What this does is sets a PvP mentality and when you are attacked in a BZ you are not shocked but are actually ready.

To incentivize RZ and BZ ventures you turn off dungeon merge over there. Meaning dungeons will not merge and the loot will 100% be yours BUT you can get dove and killed. You can get lucky and get T8 drops in static dungeons in YZs. A lot of players would run those a 1000 times to eventually get something good (cause MOST people do this for the loot and not for the fame cause new players seem to think that running dungeons is how you make money) rather then risking it in RZs and BZs. You make that loot more contested and they start moving along.

It is hard to make that step up for new guys. I have recently seen people in YZs flexing some 8.3 sets while running shit dungeons who are telling me that they never even see red and black zones. That is just wrong but I can't really blame them. What is it that the game can offer them besides being killed if they decide to go on their own? All statics are camped 24/7. I know cause I do go there myself to fill T6 mercenary journals.
    • Worros wrote:

ItsNewbie wrote:

However, some people don't like to be challenged and like the easy content.

It is not a challenge that most people are afraid of it's the lack of getting them ready for what it is coming that is turning them away from BZs. You go do a solo dungeon and get dove by 3 people. That is not a challenge (even less for a new player) that is just unfair. If you are new and this happens to you the first time you go out to try it what are the odds of you coming back?
      What WOULD be a great addition to the game would be that YZ dungeons have 100% chance to be merged with another dungeon of the same type. So you do a solo and it is merged with another solo which then flags players red to one another.
      Same with group dungeons. They get merged which means you will have a high chance of running into another group. What this does is sets a PvP mentality and when you are attacked in a BZ you are not shocked but are actually ready.

To incentivize RZ and BZ ventures you turn off dungeon merge over there. Meaning dungeons will not merge and the loot will 100% be yours BUT you can get dove and killed. You can get lucky and get T8 drops in static dungeons in YZs. A lot of players would run those a 1000 times to eventually get something good (cause MOST people do this for the loot and not for the fame cause new players seem to think that running dungeons is how you make money) rather then risking it in RZs and BZs. You make that loot more contested and they start moving along.

It is hard to make that step up for new guys. I have recently seen people in YZs flexing some 8.3 sets while running shit dungeons who are telling me that they never even see red and black zones. That is just wrong but I can't really blame them. What is it that the game can offer them besides being killed if they decide to go on their own? All statics are camped 24/7. I know cause I do go there myself to fill T6 mercenary journals.
      I agree in principle in what you are saying, just not sure the implementation is the right path.

The ironic thing is, once you get into the black zones and past the initial zones around the gate, you less likely to be dove that you are in the Royal red zones. The Royal red zones are more toxic than the black zones past the gates.

Also, I think corrupted dungeons will be something that meets the requirement your describing above.
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Spook wrote:

Not sorry bud but with that mentality you will never ahead in this game.I dont understand how people can play in the royals. Its boring, the fame and silver and loot are a complete joke.

However, some people dont like to be challenged and like the easy content.

Sounds really challenging to roam in T7 and T8 with a guild and/or mega alliance watching your back

/flex

and again, how is that getting ahead? I have more cash than I will ever use. I can buy whatever gear I want. It's just for the "challenge"?

lol
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

ItsNewbie wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Spook wrote:

Not sorry bud but with that mentality you will never ahead in this game.I dont understand how people can play in the royals. Its boring, the fame and silver and loot are a complete joke.Plus theres no good content there outside of the occassional Faction Fight which tend to turn out to be garbage too.

Being able to play the end game content in T7 & T8 Zones.However, some people dont like to be challenged and like the easy content.

Sounds really challenging to roam in T7 and T8 with a guild and/or mega alliance watching your back
      /flex

and again, how is that getting ahead? I have more cash than I will ever use. I can buy whatever gear I want. It's just for the "challenge"?

lol

You shouldn't make assumptions, they will make a fool of you.

I solo'd in the black long before I joined a guild.

Merlyn's Rest, Arthur's Rest and Morgana's Rest are places you can set as home and have the essentials for surviving in the black. You can teleport back into the Royals and back out without having to pass through a Portal once you make it to one of these places and set it as home.

In Merlyn's Rest has a open to all public hide out (Tier 3) that you can also do your crafting and set as home.

But hey, you go and make an assumption, we dont need any more stupid people wandering around the black anyway.