Best blackzone transport build?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best blackzone transport build?

New

Assuming max spec (400/400) and 7.1 or 8.1 equivalent, what is in your opinion the best build to move valuables from and to the Rest cities?
      • usually this means you have cargo of between 500k and 10m Silver
      • on the way there you have to assume hunting parties of 3-8 gankers with parties, builds and mounts specialized to catch gatherers and transporters
      • I would say on average every 5th to 7th trip you would run into a hostile group
      So far I am thinking:
      • Knight Helmet
      • Fort Sterling Cape (4.x)
      • Assassin Jacket
      • Mistcaller (6.x)
      • Demon Boots (?)
      • Invis Pot & Pie for carry weight
      • Spectral Direboar (for the cargo carry bonus and invis)
      • .. and Arcane (for self shield and move speed W - motivating cleanse, both don't put you into combat (?))
      • .. or Druidic Staff (heals - self, cleanse and the move speed passive for each 6 activated spells, neither put you into combat (?))
      Assuming you don't have friends or scouts. Is there a better build to survive 6-8 man gank parties?

edit: I'm not considering bloodletter, because its too easy to get put into combat (?)
      Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bogul ().

• New

I think you're wrong in discounting bloodletter so quickly. If you're careful it's actually not that hard to not get into combat: your W has pretty decent range, use it to put yourself in a position where you can use other spells without hitting anyone. The new dagger Q also puts more distance between yourself and your enemies. Arcane is much less mobility and unless you're already at the gate, you won't be going far. Druidic is better, but still bad and won't save you against competent gangers. You need dashes to escape claws, you need great mobility to escape spells that remove your invisibility. Other than that I think you got it, except I'd still do plate armor because I don't think double invis helps you that much (either they have stalker hoods/guardian armors and you're in deep, or they don't and you'll be fine) and you already have an invis pot.
    • New

Bogul wrote:

Assuming max spec (400/400) and 7.1 or 8.1 equivalent, what is in your opinion the best build to move valuables from and to the Rest cities?
      • usually this means you have cargo of between 500k and 10m Silver
      • on the way there you have to assume hunting parties of 3-8 gankers with parties, builds and mounts specialized to catch gatherers and transporters
      • I would say on average every 5th to 7th trip you would run into a hostile group
      So far I am thinking:
      • Knight Helmet
      • Fort Sterling Cape (4.x)
      • Assassin Jacket
      • Mistcaller (6.x)
      • Demon Boots (?)
      • Invis Pot & Pie for carry weight
      • Spectral Direboar (for the cargo carry bonus and invis)
      • .. and Arcane (for self shield and move speed W - motivating cleanse, both don't put you into combat (?))
      • .. or Druidic Staff (heals - self, cleanse and the move speed passive for each 6 activated spells, neither put you into combat (?))
      Assuming you don't have friends or scouts. Is there a better build to survive 6-8 man gank parties?

edit: I'm not considering bloodletter, because its too easy to get put into combat (?)
      It'easy if you forget that e deals damage, otherwise it's not
    • New

Thulgrom wrote:

(...), except I'd still do plate armor because I don't think double invis helps you that much (either they have stalker hoods/guardian armors and you're in deep, or they don't and you'll be fine) and you already have an invis pot.

So purely because of the higher defenses?

Because you couldn't use any skill really. Everything on plate just puts you in combat.
    • New

Harverster Cap - Extra invis/sleep can also help to escape in 1 vs 2-3 situations - if you unclocked atleast t4 cloth gathering.

For smaller transports with more valuable stuff the giant horse is saver then the spectral boar - though less carrying capacity.

Assasin jacket (invis) can also be replaced by any gathering chest (more hp at same tier and cheaper to produce 8 instead of 16 resources). But remember it offers less fighting power (no dmg bonus) though in 1 vs 1 situations.
    • New

Spectral Direboar if you need weight capacity otherwise pest lizard is the superior mount.

Build doesn't really matter, you die 99% of the time you get dismounted by a decent ganking group (a bad ganking group should not be able to dismount you to begin with).

You can also pick Knight Armor (personally, I find Assassin jacket totally useless since gankers always have Stalker hoods). You could even run Mage Robe to purge their Run when they chase you and hope your boots don't get purged. Specter shoes are also better than your average shoes with Run against decent gankers, if you're lucky you can create enough distance for you to be able to remount. But yeah, 99% of the time, no skill/piece of gear is going to save you when you get dismounted by 4+ gankers. Again, I'm talking about decent gankers, if you get dismounted by unorganized gankers or a random FF party, you're doing something wrong.

I do between 2-3 runs a day (City <-> Rest) and IMHO, when it comes to decreasing the chance of dying, the less relevant part of the equation is by far your gear. What matters the most is preparation. I have never died unless I was being lazy and decided to not follow the rules I set to myself. My rules are pretty simple:

• No transport during weekends
      • No transport during peak time
      • Never follow the road, even if it means spending twice as much time for a trip
      • Avoid tunnels, bridges and any other kind of choke points
      • Cancel the trip if there's anything suspicious (a scout/well known gankers at the entrance of a map)
      • Always watch the edge of the screen (in the direction you're running) so you see claws who hide as soon as they see a nametag
      • Go back if you see reds in front of you, do not try to force your way through
      • Pick the safest road. This one comes from experience but you'll learn that there are maps you have to avoid, even if it's the shortest route.
      I know picking optimal gear doesn't hurt but I can't remember the last time I said "damn, if I had this piece of gear, I would have made it" or "damn, this piece of gear surely saved my ass". Lowering the chance to run into gankers is a much more relevant aspect to focus on than trying to improve your chance of survival after getting dismounted. Especially if you make a lot of trips.
    • New

What about using a gathering garb for the chest piece? They have better defensive stats than leather, and they also come with the ambush skill. The other items would be demon boots, invis potion, fort sterling cape, foods with cc reduction or gathering capacity. There are multiple options for the headpiece i think that work pretty good. But as the person above me very rightfully said, preparation should be key.
      For the weapon, my choice would be anything with good mobility. And you gotta be careful with not getting into combat as it is already said. Double bladed, bloodletter+mistcaller/shield would be decent choices i think.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TeenageDDirtbag ().

• New

As a cancer ganker, I’d say dont bother making builds since you’ll be dead when you got dismounted. We have chains to pull you back and purge for your shoes and stalker Helm for your invis . Just dont get dismounted. And I’d say pest lizard with a fort sterling cape takes most of our time to catch. Try it. And just a random running build but like I Said its pointsless if you are dismounted.
      Aye Bruh 8)
    • New

Owlxzie wrote:

As a cancer ganker, I’d say dont bother making builds since you’ll be dead when you got dismounted. We have chains to pull you back and purge for your shoes and stalker Helm for your invis . Just dont get dismounted. And I’d say pest lizard with a fort sterling cape takes most of our time to catch. Try it. And just a random running build but like I Said its pointsless if you are dismounted.
      But the pest lizard puts yout into combat and you can't zone.
    • New

gmatagmis wrote:

Bogul wrote:

with block?
      Sure.And it's good to pass gate campers with fiends/fire walls ect.
      2 sec = 11m of immunity on normal speed. =)
      Doesn't knight helmet do the same and has longer duration?

Owlxzie wrote:

You should use the passive to the mobs around . If you accidentally hit a player, its still not a big deal cuz that mount never lose its gallop. Just run through the safe zone. Im saying again, the other mounts just thrash against to the gankers who know what they are doing.
      What about giant horse? The 4s invulnerability is so good for blocking CC.

Weapon-wise I've always liked the double bladed quarterstaff. Have to be careful with cartwheel but if you use it while poisoned you get extra defense and a small speed boost. Stun run is a good mobility that you can use while invis and since overpower is a jump to ground target, it isn't as dangerous to use as bloodletter lunging stabs. Main issue with DBS is it tends to be mana hungry.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grimhawke-EB ().

• New

BridgeDuchess wrote:

Spectral Direboar if you need weight capacity otherwise pest lizard is the superior mount.

Build doesn't really matter, you die 99% of the time you get dismounted by a decent ganking group (a bad ganking group should not be able to dismount you to begin with).

You can also pick Knight Armor (personally, I find Assassin jacket totally useless since gankers always have Stalker hoods). You could even run Mage Robe to purge their Run when they chase you and hope your boots don't get purged. Specter shoes are also better than your average shoes with Run against decent gankers, if you're lucky you can create enough distance for you to be able to remount. But yeah, 99% of the time, no skill/piece of gear is going to save you when you get dismounted by 4+ gankers. Again, I'm talking about decent gankers, if you get dismounted by unorganized gankers or a random FF party, you're doing something wrong.

I do between 2-3 runs a day (City <-> Rest) and IMHO, when it comes to decreasing the chance of dying, the less relevant part of the equation is by far your gear. What matters the most is preparation. I have never died unless I was being lazy and decided to not follow the rules I set to myself. My rules are pretty simple:

• No transport during weekends
      • No transport during peak time
      • Never follow the road, even if it means spending twice as much time for a trip
      • Avoid tunnels, bridges and any other kind of choke points
      • Cancel the trip if there's anything suspicious (a scout/well known gankers at the entrance of a map)
      • Always watch the edge of the screen (in the direction you're running) so you see claws who hide as soon as they see a nametag
      • Go back if you see reds in front of you, do not try to force your way through
      • Pick the safest road. This one comes from experience but you'll learn that there are maps you have to avoid, even if it's the shortest route.
      I know picking optimal gear doesn't hurt but I can't remember the last time I said "damn, if I had this piece of gear, I would have made it" or "damn, this piece of gear surely saved my ass". Lowering the chance to run into gankers is a much more relevant aspect to focus on than trying to improve your chance of survival after getting dismounted. Especially if you make a lot of trips.

When would be peak UTC time? Thank you for this post. Very clear and true.

Owlxzie wrote:

You should use the passive to the mobs around . If you accidentally hit a player, its still not a big deal cuz that mount never lose its gallop. Just run through the safe zone. Im saying again, the other mounts just thrash against to the gankers who know what they are doing.
      What do you think of the Spectral Boar with Fort Sterling cape?
    • New

Owlxzie wrote:

That's why as a gatherer I always use fort sterling cape, because if I get stunned or slowed while mounted it remove it. Dodge the first stun save me several times. However if is a skilled ganking group with multiple cc abilities there's nothing I can do unless I'm very lucky