"Solo" Dungeons

• The game is in a really bad spot for players really looking to solo PvP. The OW is ridiculous if you flag in the red zone you get zerged by 100 blues and if you go to black you either find empty zones for days or once again groups of 10. In SRDs you encounter groups of 3+ running the solo dungeons on a regular basis (which I agree is part caused by the damn shitters who dive solo's with 3+ as well). If you finally get a 1v1 fight the opponent often has the cancer undead cape/demon boot combo because solo players are so used to needing to run from groups all the time. But because of this it is virtually possible to kill that build solo since they just run away freely once low. Before you say bring a stalker hood or purge helmet no one in their right mind plays those pieces solo looking to actually fight because you would be toast sacrificing defensive just in hopes to purge a boot at some point late in the fight. If you choose to HG solo you typically need to play some rat build shit or go in shit gear and hope you encounter another solo at some point. SBI you guys need to prioritize getting these 1v1 corrupted dungeons like now. You should also revamp your SRDs as well but I know that probably will never happen since you seem to favor N+1 gameplay.
    • Tabor wrote:

The game is in a really bad spot for players really looking to solo PvP. The OW is ridiculous if you flag in the red zone you get zerged by 100 blues and if you go to black you either find empty zones for days or once again groups of 10. In SRDs you encounter groups of 3+ running the solo dungeons on a regular basis (which I agree is part caused by the damn shitters who dive solo's with 3+ as well). If you finally get a 1v1 fight the opponent often has the cancer undead cape/demon boot combo because solo players are so used to needing to run from groups all the time. But because of this it is virtually possible to kill that build solo since they just run away freely once low. Before you say bring a stalker hood or purge helmet no one in their right mind plays those pieces solo looking to actually fight because you would be toast sacrificing defensive just in hopes to purge a boot at some point late in the fight. If you choose to HG solo you typically need to play some rat build shit or go in shit gear and hope you encounter another solo at some point. SBI you guys need to prioritize getting these 1v1 corrupted dungeons like now. You should also revamp your SRDs as well but I know that probably will never happen since you seem to favor N+1 gameplay.

it will not solve the problem, in fact it must create others. There is no 1x1 pvp content and there is also no solo pve content, as players who just want to relax are forced to face players looking for pvp. The game gets more and more frustrating for these players and they abandon the game
    • Yes, I agree with you, I would also like to see something explanation about these contents.

I also think that the rewards of dungeons and the open world should be more attractive and in return there should be a significant increase in trash. But of course, before, they need to fix the many system burle.

Currently Albion is summarized in empty maps, full HCE, content rat and subdivided megs.
    • I think the problem is, albion is getting more players, and as more players comes in, they have no choice but to gang up and dived in with another 6 - 8 people just to get adept's rune (cheap beans) :D

At certain point, part of the reason why I like to go into black zones is because some green portals are untouched. I can do my sweeps without worrying to much getting ganked. Though you have to get some spare gears to put aside just in case. It's rewarding when you get to do 5 to 7 green portals in blackzone
    • Translate with google.

Honestly, I think, the best thing to do would be to change the balance of the dangeons in order to completely change the gaming experience. At the moment there are only 2 types of dangeon on albion, the blue ones, which require teams of 5 or more players and the green ones that for better or worse can be considered solo dangeons. To these, it is not known how long, the corrupt dangeons will be added. But I'm not here to talk about these dangeons. It's true, the game was born as an MMO that aims to encourage group activities, but one must also bear in mind the transformations of the community of players, and if the game wants to survive, it will have to adapt in some way. To this end, my suggestion would be to modify the statistics of the MOBs present in the dungeons and introduce a new class of dungeons, in addition to that of the corrupt dangeons who are about to leave. I'll explain.

Green Dangeon: content for soloists. MOB with relatively low statistics, easy to clean up in solitatia.

Yellow Dangeon (new class): content for small groups eg: healer, tank, archer / wizard relatively higher MOB statistics very difficult to clean up alone.

Blue Dangeon: content for medium / large groups, with even greater MOB statistics.

By adding this new class, it would create a new game scenario that would involve solo players. which would have more space in the green dangeons and would give players belonging to small groups a specific dangeon to refer to. At the same time, new training or challenge scenarios would open up for small groups, to cooperate and grow.

If this is associated with an even higher rate of decay of the items in the case of a 1vs3 scenario or a worse 1vs6 or 3vs6 scenario, a sort of system balance should be achieved, at least I think.

Onestamente, penso, che la cosa migliore da fare sarebbe cambiare il bilanciamento dei dangeon così da modificare completamente l'esperienza di gioco. Al momento esistono solo 2 tipi di dangeon su albion, quelli blu, che richiedono squadre di 5 o più giocatori e quelli verdi che bene o male possono essere considerati dangeon solisti. A questi, non si sa bene tra quanto tempo, si aggiungeranno i dangeon corrotti. Ma non sono qui per parlare di questi dangeon. E' vero, il gioco nasce come MMO che mira a favorire le attività di gruppo, ma bisogna pur tener presente le trasformazioni della comunità di giocatori, e se il gioco vuole sopravvivere, dovrà pur in qualche modo adattarsi. A tal scopo, il mio suggerimento, sarebbe quello di modificare le statistiche dei MOB presenti nei sotterranei e introdurre una nuova classe di sotterraneo, oltre a quella dei dangeon corrotti che stanno per uscire. Mi spiego meglio.

Dangeon verdi : contenuto per i solisti. MOB con statistiche relativamente basse, facili da ripulire in solitatia.
      Dangeon gialli (nuova classe): contenuto per piccoli gruppi es: guaritore, tank, arciere/mago statistiche dei MOB relativamente più alte difficilissimi da ripulire in solitaria.
      Dangeon blu : contenuto per gruppi medio/grandi, con statistiche dei MOB ancora maggiori.

Aggiungendo questa nuova classe, si andrebbe a creare un nuovo scenario di gioco che vedrebbe coinvolti i giocatori solisti. che avrebbero più spazio nei dangeon verdi e darebbe a giocatori appartenenti a piccoli gruppi un dangeon specifico a cui far riferimento. Allo stesso tempo si aprirebbero nuovi scenari di allenamento o di sfida per i gruppi di piccole dimensioni, per cooperare e crescere. Se a ciò si associa un tasso di deperimento degli item ancora maggiore in caso di uno scenario 1vs3 o peggio 1vs6 o 3vs6 si dovrebbe arrivare ad una sorta di bilanciamento del sistema, almeno credo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Doctor_erlik ().

• solo play is rough, so is small gang ( <5 )

the solo dungeons actually helped believe it or not, prior to this you basically got to hunt gatherers, bad gank squads, or some player that decided to farm overworld adds for fame instead of join a group.

before SRDS, i had to join pugs to get into fame farming groups, eventually join a larger group to abuse constant fame farms, or hunt elite mobs in the overworld/4.0 suiciding 1v2 hgs.

now i get FF/pvp all packed into one place, its pretty nice!

it really does suck getting dove by 5+ in srds, but that doesnt mean its an instant loss. Typically those who need to dive solos with this many to get kills, arent actually very good at the game. FF in srds with pvx weapons (i use great fire a lot, fire wall is some good shit in srds!) and if you know your in an area likely for you to get ganked, remember to leash adds and pull small.

you can even go so far as to have 1-3 guys, lure the gank squad of 10+ into a pre scouted dungeon ( leave a guy in there so it doesnt despawn ) that has very difficult rooms to navigate ( keeper lightning arresters, morgana lava demons, pretty much the entirety of undead dungeons and sadly hertic dungeons arent worth using for this ) while having pvx gear ( aoe cc/dps, healer if room, great mace too).

you force the engagement on your terms as the smaller party, them being the 5+ thirsty gankers that will just run through aoes to get some loot will take the bait pretty much always.

lure them to the danger rooms, aoe purge, aoe cc, then apply dps to finish.

made a lot of money off arch doing this, enough to pay for the losses from learning to 1-3vX.

if a red blob appears in the SRD though, bail or your likely gunna die, sometimes you bait too hard...

this game badly needs an equivalent to eves d-scan all things being said though, that would improve solo play by magnitudes.
      generic signature