"Solo" Dungeons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lohend wrote:

They are only named "solo" as you are the treasure chest for gankers. 5-10 "pro pvpers" is the new meta.

No limit or any solid information for this being fixed anytime soon.
      They actually do have information on how they are trying to improve solo dungeons.

"So in the next update, we’re going to introduce an all new type of solo dungeon, focused on players who enjoy PvE with the risk of PvP- as long as it’s a fair fight against a single attacker. These Corrupted Solo Dungeons will be non-linear dungeons full of possessed mobs which have been taken over by a demon from Albion’s Hell dimension."

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…map-Update-2020/?pageNo=1
    • C’mon guys. There is nothing at all fair in Albion Online, just do solo’s like I do and forget about the pathetic groups of divers:

Bimpnottin’s FU Solo Dungeon Build
      Flat 4 Gear
      No Bag, no Cape
      Donkey

If the area is active with groups of divers I’ll trash loot from the chests immediately after opening. I’m only after Fame here not silver, so the 4 guys that just killed me in my solo dungeon can split the 16k worth of silver from my gear (and that’s if if nothing on me trashed). I say “FU” and I’m right back at it, same build over and over (this works best if you get your spec maxed, not recommended for low spec, you’ll have trouble with bosses)
    • Binhood wrote:

Why are there 5-10 players diving "Solo Dungeons"? Will there be an update to improve the current pathetic state of dungeons?
      Mind you I have no issues when 2 people want to gank a dungeon but where is the limit?
      Let's pretend there were no solo dungeons (which was the case before), but just the open world mobs to grind fame. You could get ganked by 200 people out in the open. Now you can get ganked by 200 people in a dungeon. The only thing those dungeons were designed to make is to boost the rate at which "solo" players can get fame and some extra loot. Nothing else. They were never meant to provide strictly "solo" content and they are just an extension of the open world.
      No idea what people are complaining about. Calling "bad design" and "SBI doesn't care" is just people's way of crying about a non-issue. I don't see any issue with either the group or the solo dungeons and yes i'm getting ganked also in those.
    • sh1ny wrote:

Binhood wrote:

Why are there 5-10 players diving "Solo Dungeons"? Will there be an update to improve the current pathetic state of dungeons?
      Mind you I have no issues when 2 people want to gank a dungeon but where is the limit?
      Let's pretend there were no solo dungeons (which was the case before), but just the open world mobs to grind fame. You could get ganked by 200 people out in the open. Now you can get ganked by 200 people in a dungeon. The only thing those dungeons were designed to make is to boost the rate at which "solo" players can get fame and some extra loot. Nothing else. They were never meant to provide strictly "solo" content and they are just an extension of the open world.No idea what people are complaining about. Calling "bad design" and "SBI doesn't care" is just people's way of crying about a non-issue. I don't see any issue with either the group or the solo dungeons and yes i'm getting ganked also in those.
      Might be one of the most stupid takes I have ever read on any gaming board. Okay.
    • A simple fix to this would be to lock out the dungeon when 1 person or 1 party enters the dungeon. Also they need to fix it to where the dungeon disappears after you teleport out from clearing it, not have it sit there for an extra few minutes before it de-spawns. I'm tired of going into these dungeons only for it to be already cleared or someone half-way through it and having to look for another.
    • Binhood wrote:

sh1ny wrote:

Binhood wrote:

Let's pretend there were no solo dungeons (which was the case before), but just the open world mobs to grind fame. You could get ganked by 200 people out in the open. Now you can get ganked by 200 people in a dungeon. The only thing those dungeons were designed to make is to boost the rate at which "solo" players can get fame and some extra loot. Nothing else. They were never meant to provide strictly "solo" content and they are just an extension of the open world.No idea what people are complaining about. Calling "bad design" and "SBI doesn't care" is just people's way of crying about a non-issue. I don't see any issue with either the group or the solo dungeons and yes i'm getting ganked also in those.
      Might be one of the most stupid takes I have ever read on any gaming board. Okay.
      Yea, it might be, still i didn't hear any single argument or logic, which makes mine "stupid". You're entitled to your opinion and so am i. Welcome to a sandbox game.
    • New

sh1ny wrote:

Binhood wrote:

sh1ny wrote:

Binhood wrote:

Yea, it might be, still i didn't hear any single argument or logic, which makes mine "stupid". You're entitled to your opinion and so am i. Welcome to a sandbox game.
      I refuse to believe that someone is this dense. Why are you tryharding so much? Why can't you accept that the current stage of "solo dungeons" are in a pathetic state, hence why they are gonna add real new solo dungeons.
    • New

Again this topic?

"Solo" means you can do it without help, not that only one person can enter.

Go do expeditions for privative dungeons.

"Oh, but their fame and loot is shit"

Ofc it is, 0 risk, low reward.

Srsly, tired to read the same QQing over and over.

Go do dungeons in Black Zones. Red zones are way more overcrowded.
    • New

ImaDoki wrote:

Again this topic?

"Solo" means you can do it without help, not that only one person can enter.

Go do expeditions for privative dungeons.

"Oh, but their fame and loot is shit"

Ofc it is, 0 risk, low reward.

Srsly, tired to read the same QQing over and over.

Go do dungeons in Black Zones. Red zones are way more overcrowded.
      Exactly, The amount of crying people do here. Its a sandbox game, nothing about it is pathetic, its the whole premise of the game. You want good fame? you need to take some risks, simple as that.
    • New

That is a crap statement..

Compare Avalonian Dungeon with SRD

Ava: super fame, super easy, as you can still pull each mob u want, one by one by one..Yes, it still works..

Now look at gank: Ava dungeon has the blobbing at the right number, means u do the dungeon with 15 people, have a naked scout of u little brother that plays on your PC on a window ..If people gank you they blob from the numbers they need

And on top, you have rearming doors that warn u if someone comes

And now compare the risk of SRD with it..
    • New

Hollywoodi wrote:

That is a crap statement..

Compare Avalonian Dungeon with SRD

Ava: super fame, super easy, as you can still pull each mob u want, one by one by one..Yes, it still works..

Now look at gank: Ava dungeon has the blobbing at the right number, means u do the dungeon with 15 people, have a naked scout of u little brother that plays on your PC on a window ..If people gank you they blob from the numbers they need

And on top, you have rearming doors that warn u if someone comes

And now compare the risk of SRD with it..

Want to compare ava dungeons and solo?

Okay...

Considering T8 dungeons.

Time:

Solo: 4-7 minutes
      Ava: ~2 hours on a coordinated team

Gear:

Solo: 4.1 max spec
      Avalonian: 6.3 max spec

Dificulty:

Solo: easy to normal
      Avalonian: Hard to very hard (that priestess boss is a f******* bitch)

Organization before:

Solo: take your gear and do it anytime
      Ava: must be organized previously with correct comp

Organization after:

Solo: any skilless person can do it without too much effort
      Ava: mistakes wipes your party, huge durability repair bills.

Risk/reward per time:

Solo: overall normal to good
      Ava: overall bad to good

Investment:

Solo: any newbie can pay for a 4.1 set. 50k per set.
      Ava: 6.3 full set is around 2.5 to 3.5 millions.

Do you REALLY want to compare risk here?
    • New

your answer is silly Hollywoodi is completely right, yes Avalonian are stupidly too much unfair: limited to only big alliance territory, super safe, super loot and a ridiculous fame bonus.
      It doesn't matter if you can do t8 dungeons in t4.1 ( not everyone has full spec so let's say average t6 gear) because you get dived 2 times every three dungeon u fo
    • New

I thought this is a "Full Loot PVP Game" but I never saw less then 5 people entering my solo dungeon. So if played this way its more like a "Free Loot Ganker vs. Victim" game ;)

On the contrary the reaction from players to this imbalance is equally game-breaking: When doing dungeon diving there are 4 out of 5 groups with trash-gear-scouts.

So I personally don't have fun playing on either side atm