Why are Mill taxes so high in every city?

• So every single plot costs a large sum of silver each month. Some stations gets used a lot. So you don't need to charge a huge amount to make enough to pay for the plot.

Mills on the other hand don't get used a lot. So you need to earn more each time it is used.

In my opinion, plot owners who put mills in town are usually making a mistake, and players who use mills in town are always making a mistake. The mechanics involved in Mills makes their placement on private islands, even without resource return, a pretty good deal.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Crane wrote:

They failed miserably? They own the mills you are complaining about. Sounds like business is great.
      I have several theories about why plot owners do some of the things they do, and none of those theories are complimentary of their intelligence. In the world of infinite silver, earning marginally less silver because you aren't optimizing every single plot, doesn't really matter a whole lot. Especially if you are actively using it yourself.

The real value of the mill for the owner is usually just using it themselves. Because the mechanics are stupid and it is nearly free to use your own station. So they get the town RR for nearly no cost in silver.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Crane wrote:

They failed miserably? They own the mills you are complaining about. Sounds like business is great.
      What kind of logic is that?
      "Wow this is expensive, screw that."
      "OH WOW SOUNDS LIKE BUSINESS IS GREAT THEN BECAUSE YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT".

If the cost of the item is around the same as refining it, it's essentially better for me to just refine the item on my island and buy whatever amount I would have gotten back in resource return off the market and even save the focus. They're basically banking on people not paying attention, which isn't a good long-term business strategy.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Crane wrote:

What kind of logic is that?"Wow this is expensive, screw that."
      "OH WOW SOUNDS LIKE BUSINESS IS GREAT THEN BECAUSE YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT".

If the cost of the item is around the same as refining it, it's essentially better for me to just refine the item on my island and buy whatever amount I would have gotten back in resource return off the market and even save the focus. They're basically banking on people not paying attention, which isn't a good long-term business strategy.
      Yes, selling raw resources and buying them off market is more profitable than using the mill. Save focus and don't waste your time on mill's.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3