Sup! I'm a gamer and I came from eve online

• Sup! I'm a gamer and I came from eve online

New

Yep, I came from eve online, the biggest MMORPG that you won't play.

Pretty much I moved from eve to albion because f2p in eve is really unbearable, and if you really want to get in eve it'll pretty much become your second job anyways.

Since I found Albion, my f2p mmorpg experience has never been better. Really decent game, and not that amazingly hard like eve which I appreciate.

Any other eve players here? Come say hi XD

Played Caldari, favorite ship is probably Shield Tank Vexor. Other is Passive Shield Heavy Missile Drake. <-- That cost me 85mil and I got ganked :(
    • New

Nice, I dabbled in Eve online as well as a F2P player, it is rough, I still upkeep my skill training queue in case I decide to go back. Albion is great, I have been a F2P player from my start in the game a little over a year ago, and other than a few months when I took a break, once I gained enough silver for premium the first time, I have never been without premium :) It is a great game design in that regard!

If you ever want to chat, hit me up on discord, I hang out here usually discord.gg/h29r9E4, it's our guild discord, you don't have to join or anything, just posted it there if you wanted to say hi.

- UlfxIronHand
    • New

Yeah I played EVE on and off since 2004, did it before there was F2P and flew null-sec and capitals and what not. Stopped playing maybe a year ago now? They're always making enhancements and improvements which is why I enjoyed the game. Needed something different but the same if that makes sense? I really enjoy Ablion, been here for about a month now and there are definitely some similarities. They also are in a continuous cycle to add meaningful changes, not just "content".

What I like about Albion more at this point is less downtime between activities. In EVE I got to a point where everything to be done took > 40 minutes and it was hard to invest 2-3 hours looking for meaningful content. Also I think EVE should have went further with WiS.

Albion sounds like they draw inspiration from some of the EVE like mechanics...roads of Avalon sounds much like WH space and I for one am looking forward to that. Haven't gotten into the larger guild warfare aspects of Albion so time will tell if I like it more but so far I am enjoying it more.

- Drahkin
    • New

UlfxIronHand wrote:

Nice, I dabbled in Eve online as well as a F2P player, it is rough, I still upkeep my skill training queue in case I decide to go back. Albion is great, I have been a F2P player from my start in the game a little over a year ago, and other than a few months when I took a break, once I gained enough silver for premium the first time, I have never been without premium :) It is a great game design in that regard!

If you ever want to chat, hit me up on discord, I hang out here usually discord.gg/h29r9E4, it's our guild discord, you don't have to join or anything, just posted it there if you wanted to say hi.

- UlfxIronHand
      Yeah man being an alpha is really tough. Even when ur an omega you still have to put hours into the game to make decent profit and being an Alpha to earn 1.7bil makes the grind so much tougher. And as an Alpha pretty much everything is limited.
      The only way to achieve omega without taking years is to do exploring.
    • New

Drahkin wrote:

Yeah I played EVE on and off since 2004, did it before there was F2P and flew null-sec and capitals and what not. Stopped playing maybe a year ago now? They're always making enhancements and improvements which is why I enjoyed the game. Needed something different but the same if that makes sense? I really enjoy Ablion, been here for about a month now and there are definitely some similarities. They also are in a continuous cycle to add meaningful changes, not just "content".

What I like about Albion more at this point is less downtime between activities. In EVE I got to a point where everything to be done took > 40 minutes and it was hard to invest 2-3 hours looking for meaningful content. Also I think EVE should have went further with WiS.

Albion sounds like they draw inspiration from some of the EVE like mechanics...roads of Avalon sounds much like WH space and I for one am looking forward to that. Haven't gotten into the larger guild warfare aspects of Albion so time will tell if I like it more but so far I am enjoying it more.

- Drahkin
      o7
      Nice man! The f2p experience is definitely better on albion, in eve you pretty much need omega.
      Yeah there are some cool similarities between these two games. Like bz being WHs or nullsec and the player driven economy. But Ive gotta admit, eve has much more depth in each of its mechanics. That makes it harder to learn but more enjoyable once you learn it.
      The depth also makes eve a very grindy game. To make decent profits you have to grind many hours into what you're doing. And pretty much everyone will affect what you're doing because of the market.
      With albion it's much more chill, which I like.