An Attempt to question the Developers

• An Attempt to question the Developers

I have not found a way to speak or question the developers directly, there is no place that I have found to send a message to anyone within the development team. So I am hoping to ask this question and get an answer from someone who can really answer it.

I am a new player, I have only been playing for a few weeks. I had some friends who wanted me to get into the game and so I thought I’d give it a try. I played through the tutorial and it seemed like it would cover all the basics of what a great mmorpg should cover. It has no story, but that could only serve to remove the limits and constraints that a story places on many mmorpgs out there today. Through some misclicks and lack of understanding on my part I ended up in Lymhurst. Which is really no big deal you can travel from city to city and it’s not like the game limits you to a specific faction. Most of my friends play from Thetford. I started trying to run green dungeons to learn the game. It took me roughly ten to fifteen minutes to find a dungeon that wasn’t already cleared or being cleared by another player. Whenever I found a dungeon being cleared I politely left them to it. I figured this was good manners. Someone was already trying to quest and do their thing. Why bother them right? However, in almost every solo dungeon I entered within a few minutes someone else would enter and either demand that I partied with them or they would outright attempt to run to the boss ahead of me. I barely understand how the game works let alone how to play my character. I want to point out that I was in a blue zone as I was told to stay in them to be safe and away from red zones. Never having played a full loot pvp game before, I took my friends collective word on this. So none of these people could attack me out right but they sure made my life unpleasant. It didn’t seem to matter if I had gotten to a second floor or if I was only a few pulls in, this repeatedly happened. I was frustrated that I was unable to just attempt to play or learn to play without being harassed. At this point I really wasn’t sure this game was for me. My friends told me this was a Lymhurst problem and it was just over populated and I should move to Thetford. I ran into pretty much the same issue in the blue zones and decided to be more adventurous and move to a yellow zone, maybe those would less players. First dungeon in the yellow zone I was on the second floor and was on the last boss. Turns out the last boss in this dungeon had a Gold and white chest, which from my friends I have gathered that this is a really exciting thing and a great chest to have. I had just started the boss fight when two players ran in. They waited to see if I would be able to take the boss and when it was apparent that I would be able to. They started to turn red. I kind of understood that this meant that they would attack me. So thinking I was being smart I killed the boss just before they ran in to attack me. They of course killed me rather quickly and sadly I don’t think I put up much of a fight. To my surprise however they were able to loot the chest. They took everything and I got no loot. This really saddens me that first someone would take the time to run all the way through a dungeon that had been cleared of every mob in the dungeon. I left nothing that could be killed. Secondly, that a new player has no chance to run any dungeons without getting pushed around and really what amounts to being bullied by more experienced players. Lastly, that there seems to be no way to protect yourself from it, other than just being out right better geared or skilled than all the other players who you might run across.

So to ensure that my question is understood. Is this what you had in mind for the typical experience of a new player? If I decide to come back to your game, I have canceled my subscription, is this what I should expect more of? I understand if the community here simply writes this off a crying, but that is not really my intention. I just want to be sure that I understand what I was supposed to expect from this game. No hard feelings if this was what was intended it just wasn’t the game for me.
    • 3 answers

Tutorial aka blue yellow red zone is super crowded
      The fact of gank is core of risk reward system of the game will probably never change
      SRD though is a dungeon optimised for singe player. SBI was told by feedback a thousand times, that SRD should blob if more players than expected 1(!) Are at same spot
      There should be ne groups in SRD
      There should be no A-Out in SRD but a channel at entrance and exit

Then this content would be interesting, fair and balanced
    • I got that also when i started playing.
      I noticed that the closest I was to a town, the more likely someone else would run in a dunjon.
      So i went 2 zones away (you can still found blue zones if you don't want yellow ones) and i went "inside" the map (far from the edge i mean), it's less likely you will run into someone else inside them.
      It is not garrenteed that nobody will follow you, but the chances are slimer.
    • Hey mate,

These things happen. Usually SRD (solo dungeons) don't get much pvp at blue/yellow zone as there are only few griefers (exception is being faction flagged). Usually it just helps when you say people who join your dungeon that you are already cleaning out that and please not to hijack dungeon. On the same note don't hijack other peoples dungeons when they are occupied at blue/yellow zone. Most people can be reasoned with.

As you most likely have not yet set down your island at Lymhurst its just 30 minute trip to relocate yourself at Thetford so why not join your friends.

Best solution for this is just get better at your weapon and clean out dungeons faster. It will come in time. Canceling "subscription" will not really help you much as you are only slowing yourself down from getting to comfortable level. After few months you should be able to provide subscription with ingame money when you invest few months.

GL
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • You were correct to cancel, and leave. It is absolutely bad design, royals are left on their own for quite a while, while population has sky-rocketed. I hope your cancelation and many others rock their coffers in a way that they understand and plan accordingly.

SRD were a great addition but it needed some fine-tuning that never came and possibly never will, they lack to understand that with the increase of playerbase it is OK now to provide more instanced content for those that don't want (or at least sometimes) to partake on pvp or out-world activities, now its OK to have that because it doesn't threaten the population (we already have those that never leave blue/yellow zones). Add more to the game don't force feed pvp to everyone, the game will make more money this way and when they feel ready trust me they WILL go out to pvp, to the BZ, or wherever.
    • Lacksalot wrote:

I have not found a way to speak or question the developers directly, there is no place that I have found to send a message to anyone within the development team. So I am hoping to ask this question and get an answer from someone who can really answer it.

I am a new player, I have only been playing for a few weeks. I had some friends who wanted me to get into the game and so I thought I’d give it a try. I played through the tutorial and it seemed like it would cover all the basics of what a great mmorpg should cover. It has no story, but that could only serve to remove the limits and constraints that a story places on many mmorpgs out there today. Through some misclicks and lack of understanding on my part I ended up in Lymhurst. Which is really no big deal you can travel from city to city and it’s not like the game limits you to a specific faction. Most of my friends play from Thetford. I started trying to run green dungeons to learn the game. It took me roughly ten to fifteen minutes to find a dungeon that wasn’t already cleared or being cleared by another player. Whenever I found a dungeon being cleared I politely left them to it. I figured this was good manners. Someone was already trying to quest and do their thing. Why bother them right? However, in almost every solo dungeon I entered within a few minutes someone else would enter and either demand that I partied with them or they would outright attempt to run to the boss ahead of me. I barely understand how the game works let alone how to play my character. I want to point out that I was in a blue zone as I was told to stay in them to be safe and away from red zones. Never having played a full loot pvp game before, I took my friends collective word on this. So none of these people could attack me out right but they sure made my life unpleasant. It didn’t seem to matter if I had gotten to a second floor or if I was only a few pulls in, this repeatedly happened. I was frustrated that I was unable to just attempt to play or learn to play without being harassed. At this point I really wasn’t sure this game was for me. My friends told me this was a Lymhurst problem and it was just over populated and I should move to Thetford. I ran into pretty much the same issue in the blue zones and decided to be more adventurous and move to a yellow zone, maybe those would less players. First dungeon in the yellow zone I was on the second floor and was on the last boss. Turns out the last boss in this dungeon had a Gold and white chest, which from my friends I have gathered that this is a really exciting thing and a great chest to have. I had just started the boss fight when two players ran in. They waited to see if I would be able to take the boss and when it was apparent that I would be able to. They started to turn red. I kind of understood that this meant that they would attack me. So thinking I was being smart I killed the boss just before they ran in to attack me. They of course killed me rather quickly and sadly I don’t think I put up much of a fight. To my surprise however they were able to loot the chest. They took everything and I got no loot. This really saddens me that first someone would take the time to run all the way through a dungeon that had been cleared of every mob in the dungeon. I left nothing that could be killed. Secondly, that a new player has no chance to run any dungeons without getting pushed around and really what amounts to being bullied by more experienced players. Lastly, that there seems to be no way to protect yourself from it, other than just being out right better geared or skilled than all the other players who you might run across.

So to ensure that my question is understood. Is this what you had in mind for the typical experience of a new player? If I decide to come back to your game, I have canceled my subscription, is this what I should expect more of? I understand if the community here simply writes this off a crying, but that is not really my intention. I just want to be sure that I understand what I was supposed to expect from this game. No hard feelings if this was what was intended it just wasn’t the game for me.

Hey there!

Our developers read the forums regularly, even if they may not always reply, and we are aware of the above issues that you've been facing as a new player with the increased player base. These will be addressed in an upcoming patch which should increase the availability of solo dungeons as well as make it easier for you to play the dungeon alone without getting harassed. Essentially, solo dungeons in blue and yellow zones will despawn faster and therefore also respawn faster in this change.

Also, if you have any other questions and issues you want to bring up, you can always feel free to drop me a message on here or on Discord at Mytherceria#3744. It might take me some time to reply, but I try to get to each one with time!

Mytherceria#3744