Weakest weapon in the game / troll weapon: Battle Axe

• Weakest weapon in the game / troll weapon: Battle Axe

Dear honorable Albion staff,

As a 370/400 axe player, I believe they are underwhelming in the current meta.

They are great for PvE but not great enough to solo group dungeons, and perform slightly better than other classes in solo dungeons.

Bleeds have a long history of not applying on target, especially in PvP. And you have to pray to the gods for the E on battle axe to go off. It has a mind of its own, even with full stacks. Currently battle axe has zero uses in the meta for both PvP and PvE situations. Sure its viable but performs vastly poorer than counterparts. Armor sets that offer a heal are much more viable than a lifesteal that bugs out and doesnt proc sometimes on the battle axe.

My suggestion is to change E into a toggle ability, where the battle axe becomes a throwing axe. Moving far away from lifesteal which is very bugged.

- This drains mana but allows the battle axe to become a ranged weapon that bounces off two additional targets and applies a bleed
      or
      - Become ranged for 5-10 seconds and gain a massive attack speed and damage boost
      or
      - E becomes a skill shot that throws the axe forward, slowing the enemy and you can pick it up when you walk over it
      or
      - Takes 10% of your hp and deals 500 true damage

idk just shooting ideas out there but would like to see some love for axes
    • FrustratedAxe wrote:

Dear honorable Albion staff,

As a 370/400 axe player, I believe they are underwhelming in the current meta.

They are great for PvE but not great enough to solo group dungeons, and perform slightly better than other classes in solo dungeons.

Bleeds have a long history of not applying on target, especially in PvP. And you have to pray to the gods for the E on battle axe to go off. It has a mind of its own, even with full stacks. Currently battle axe has zero uses in the meta for both PvP and PvE situations. Sure its viable but performs vastly poorer than counterparts. Armor sets that offer a heal are much more viable than a lifesteal that bugs out and doesnt proc sometimes on the battle axe.

My suggestion is to change E into a toggle ability, where the battle axe becomes a throwing axe. Moving far away from lifesteal which is very bugged.

- This drains mana but allows the battle axe to become a ranged weapon that bounces off two additional targets and applies a bleed
      or
      - Become ranged for 5-10 seconds and gain a massive attack speed and damage boost
      or
      - E becomes a skill shot that throws the axe forward, slowing the enemy and you can pick it up when you walk over it
      or
      - Takes 10% of your hp and deals 500 true damage

idk just shooting ideas out there but would like to see some love for axes
      I like your name bud xD

Nice one
    • 5/18/2020 Current state of Axe Skill Tree

Battle Axe - garbage, instant guild kicked if brought into a fight

Great Axe - only performs well in PvP if your gear is better, otherwise a skill that applies damage very slowly. legit garbage if you don't pair it with a stalkers jacket. Choose glass cannon or below average damage with survivability.

Halberd - best of the axes but every other melee line has something that performs better than halberd

Scythe - halberd performs better

Carioncaller - debatingly the worst weapon in Albion

Bear Paws - fashionscape item

Do not spec axe. As a 375/400 axe, i wish i could randomize into literally any other skill tree

The post was edited 5 times, last by FrustratedAxe ().

• I agree with a lot of things as a 400/400 axe player however you are missing some things.
      Scythe is ok,in my opinion it does the most dmg out of all axes but it's super telegraphed and that is what makes it bad.
      Carrioncaller is actually really solid in 2v2 HGs because you can easily make enemy healer useless. It's also decent vs double dmg comps too.
      Bear paws are solid in open world and ZvZs. the only problems with it is the cooldown is too long, it bugs randomly, jump movespeed is slow making it easy to counter.
    • OotOot wrote:

I agree with a lot of things as a 400/400 axe player however you are missing some things.
      Scythe is ok,in my opinion it does the most dmg out of all axes but it's super telegraphed and that is what makes it bad.
      Carrioncaller is actually really solid in 2v2 HGs because you can easily make enemy healer useless. It's also decent vs double dmg comps too.
      Bear paws are solid in open world and ZvZs. the only problems with it is the cooldown is too long, it bugs randomly, jump movespeed is slow making it easy to counter.
      even now like paws are they are almost like old 1h-hit-n-Run-spear
      If it had lower cd that would be op solo ow class
      Take a look on Zyno on yt
      Paw need only fix of bugged E direction and it would be solid
      I’ll take it like main solo weapon ones it would be fixed
    • kheeta wrote:

OotOot wrote:

I agree with a lot of things as a 400/400 axe player however you are missing some things.
      even now like paws are they are almost like old 1h-hit-n-Run-spearIf it had lower cd that would be op solo ow class

Yea I definitely wouldn't use bear paws over spear... spear you can have an offhand item that can give 800hp..bear paws are average tier
    • FrustratedAxe wrote:

kheeta wrote:

OotOot wrote:

even now like paws are they are almost like old 1h-hit-n-Run-spearIf it had lower cd that would be op solo ow classTake a look on Zyno on yt
      Yea I definitely wouldn't use bear paws over spear... spear you can have an offhand item that can give 800hp..bear paws are average tier
      you don’t realize all potential of kite-type axe play style
      You could just engage +land dots+ kite away out of enemy’s range
      Spear couldn’t do that now and couldn’t do that even before inner focus nerf you always need to be on sharp edge with spear while paws could kite even out of sight still dealing dmg with dots
      500-800 hp doesn’t make build OP
      The only thing makes builds OP - ability to land dmg while enemy doesn’t deal dmg to you
    • kheeta wrote:

OotOot wrote:

even now like paws are they are almost like old 1h-hit-n-Run-spearIf it had lower cd that would be op solo ow class
      M8.. I think videos dosent show true picture.. Coz even i can make a videos when i kill some1 using battleaxe..=) And i know this videos too.. But for real bear paws are lottery.. not even 50/50%. So in game with full lut and cost of bear paws i think its not good. When u dont know how your next E will be..