Make tunnels inside of cities to give the outer-ring plots a higher cometitive value.

• Cidragon wrote:

I kind of like it and it's handy but on the other side I'm against more loading screens so it's a no for me.
      Dudeee you already have the zone loaded, you just get teleported there.

And yes it's a solid idea, it would be a good quality of life change and give more value to other plots, or at least equalize the playing field.
    • If this happens, like soon. I'm getting an idea of how suggestions and feedback is getting through.

I don't think people should have an easier time managing plots, it should be 'uneven' in some way to keep competition alive.

I personally go to the cheaper plots further away, other min-maxing people might too. But for the majority, they don't care about a few percentages.

I just don't see how this is going to help anyone do anything but keep a monopoly.

I also don't have numbers on how active the outer stations are, that's not something I know anything about. Having numbers on that might change my view, I still wouldn't endorse teleporting within cities for any reason.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gideonflynn ().

• Isn't the whole point that the central plots are more valuable than the outer plots? You have to pay more to get (and maybe to use) a more central plot. Don't like to walk? Use a central plot. Like to save a few silver? Talk a walk.

This would just make all plots equally valuable and make the geography of the cities pointless.

If this is implemented, the only thing the plot owners have to compete with would be the fee. Why not just gray out all plots that doesn't match the lowest fee of other stations in the city? No one will use them anyway.

This sounds like a nice feature for the users but i think it dumbs down the game a bit and i think it will basically force the plot owners to form cartels (even more than they do today) as usage fee will be the only thing they can use to compete.

We need features that encourages competition and fights cartels. This does the opposite.

The post was edited 2 times, last by PieNapple ().

• PieNapple wrote:

(...)
      If this is implemented, the only thing the plot owners have to compete with would be the fee. Why not just gray out all plots that doesn't match the lowest fee of other stations in the city? No one will use them anyway.
      (...)
      This is already happening and its extremely dull and boring gameplay, hence cartels form to fix prices to be able to profit.

The natural tendency is toward 0 until enough people lose money and quit the market and the remaining people form a price fixing group.

It's a cycle that's been happening since forever already.
    • Bogul wrote:

PieNapple wrote:

(...)
      (...)
      This is already happening and its extremely dull and boring gameplay, hence cartels form to fix prices to be able to profit.
      The natural tendency is toward 0 until enough people lose money and quit the market and the remaining people form a price fixing group.

Yes, I agree.

The suggested change encourages this behavior even more though. Real stores can compete with prices, customer service, personal contacts, familiarity, a nice and clean store, location and much more. A store/plot has exactly two things to compete with: it's price and it's location.

Removing location from the factor by adding "teleports" makes the situation worse.

You could take this suggestion one step further by eliminating the plots and having just one of each crafting station in the station. Players could then buy "slots" in this crafting station and compete with each other purely on price. That way the crafters wouldn't have to run around to get the best price.

I would like more factors for competition though, not less. :)
    • Bogul wrote:

PieNapple wrote:

(...)
      (...)

The problem is that this is a move in the opposite direction. It removes competition even further. All you have currently is tax rate, distance and station type on the front end. Auction and nutrition management on the back end. This idea removes a huge chunk. Plot prices would homogenize, which seems worse.

The game also tends to drive people towards an end of the economic spectrum where either, the time value of walking is super high and so you'd much rather just pay more and walk less, or else you are wildly sensitive to the tax rate and you will pretty much go to any lengths to avoid paying more. So there is definitely a pull for differentiated prices based on distance.
      Demon Lord - UwU