Ganking needs to be nerfed

    • Ganking needs to be nerfed

      Ganking is so overpowered in this game. I dont really understand why solo dungeons exist, if its so easy to gank them. There is little to no recourse one can take when being ganked. It doesnt take skill or thought on the gankers part. I literally got one shot. Like I literally had less than 0.01 seconds to respond to the situation. This is not competive or interactive. The whole game is supposed to be "do what you want" but its too hard to do anything when ganking is so overpowered. I dont mind that it happens at the rate. But it shouldnt be free for the gankers.
    • You know how many of these god damn green portals I got to check before I find a single measly PvE'er to kill? The sheer mental assault I have to endure of entering YET ANOTHER solo dungeon only to see some stupid mob with a smug grin on his face as if to say "Nope. This one's empty too." is enough to drive me to /suicide half the time. It doesn't help that there are LITERALLY THOUSANDS of green portals in any single map, and navigating to each one of them with a T4 ARCH zerg on my ass, just salivating at the chance to take my 4.2 carving sword off my back to split between 30 of them, before I am even able to get to that point. So when you die, consider this and maybe congratulate the ganker, who has worked hard for his profits, and give him the kudos he has earned. Cheers.
    • jakt wrote:

      You know how many of these god damn green portals I got to check before I find a single measly PvE'er to kill? The sheer mental assault I have to endure of entering YET ANOTHER solo dungeon only to see some stupid mob with a smug grin on his face as if to say "Nope. This one's empty too." is enough to drive me to /suicide half the time. It doesn't help that there are LITERALLY THOUSANDS of green portals in any single map, and navigating to each one of them with a T4 ARCH zerg on my ass, just salivating at the chance to take my 4.2 carving sword off my back to split between 30 of them, before I am even able to get to that point. So when you die, consider this and maybe congratulate the ganker, who has worked hard for his profits, and give him the kudos he has earned. Cheers.
      Yea, pvp build "ganker" killing a pve built solo player sure needs congratulating. Cheers. What next? We should sheer for "pro pvper" who downing overweight gatherers at yellow zone? What an achievement killing someone who is in middle of mobs and really cant fight back.

      Solo dungeons should have dynamic limiter: 1 person - 1 counter player, 2 player party - up to 1 party of 2 counter pvp players are allowed to enter etc.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Lohend ().

    • Lohend wrote:

      Yea, pvp build "ganker" killing a pve built solo player sure needs congratulating. Cheers. What next? We should sheer for "pro pvper" who downing overweight gatherers at yellow zone? What an achievement killing someone who is in middle of mobs and really cant fight back.
      Solo dungeons should have dynamic limiter: 1 person - 1 counter player, 2 player party - up to 1 party of 2 counter pvp players are allowed to enter etc.

      Let me tell you a little story, champ. Last night me and the boys were rolling through the black zone, and all of a sudden some real mean lookin' folks started following us. Well one thing led to another and next thing you know I was being graveguarded 20 ft backward into the lot of them, only to eat a permafrost sandwich for dinner. Well we did what any good spirited Albion player would do...we hit the bank and went back for more. They outnumbered us 4 to 1 easily, but the inkling of a notion that maybe that well timed camlann would be all we needed to gain the upper hand and get that huge clap we all dream of. Well...we died again. And again. And again. They flat out spanked us probably four or five times before it was time for us to retire.

      Now, do I hold any hard feeling towards those individuals who absolutely spanked us backward and forward with quadruple our numbers? No. Am I out here calling for some game mechanic adjustment to ensure the fights are fair every time I set foot outside the safety of town? No. Its the open world out there, full of danger...but without that lingering element of death to keep you looking over your shoulder, there is no thrill. Its the spirit of Albion. Understand the rules (or lack of) and play by them. Sometimes you will have the upper hand, and sometimes you won't, but the victories you do share together will be memorable, and the losses will fade over time as the bank recovers.
    • tacofacefart wrote:

      Ganking is so overpowered in this game. I dont really understand why solo dungeons exist, if its so easy to gank them. There is little to no recourse one can take when being ganked. It doesnt take skill or thought on the gankers part. I literally got one shot. Like I literally had less than 0.01 seconds to respond to the situation. This is not competive or interactive. The whole game is supposed to be "do what you want" but its too hard to do anything when ganking is so overpowered. I dont mind that it happens at the rate. But it shouldnt be free for the gankers.
      Absolutely true, it's a SOLO DUNGEON atleast have a limitation on it. If 2 people are in dungeon allow for up to 2 people to fight them, if there's a solo in the dungeon only allow 1 person to try to dive them.... something. Especially for newer players, which are your moneymakers not the 3 year veterans that have 100+million silver so it isnt a big deal for them. You dont make anything off them anymore other than premium which most probably can just buy with silver at this point. I've had plenty of solo dungeons that I've 2v1 people, but had plenty of times where it's liek 3 - 5 people diving a solo dungeon... LIKE WTF... good job players all you're doing is pushing new players away and dying out the game in the long run.... hope that crap gear you guys got was worth it.
    • It is a problem driven from lack of OW small scale PvP hot spots. The devs really need to get that piece figured out. PvPers will always want content and unfortunately will not always have the numbers/composition available to run 5s so they tend to gravitate towards either ganking or diving. Group dungeon diving is dead content because of scouts/A out which further reduces the content available. To make it worse the BZ solo dungeons are mostly empty moving many of the hunters to red zones making red zones actually the most dangerous zones in game.

      As a diver myself I hate fellow divers that do this with excessive numbers. It ruins any type of challenge and more importantly dries up the content as people simply stop running dungeons with any sort of consistency. I would be in favor of dynamic dungeons that only allowed up to the group size that originally entered. So if 3 people are running a solo 3 divers could enter and if solo running only another solo diver etc.

      SBI would need to monitor this and make it clear that using an alt or another player in any fashion to "lock" the dungeon for free fame would be bannable otherwise this mechanic would be rampant abused. Still probably would but probably would also be better than current state.
    • EvaKaneeva wrote:

      tacofacefart wrote:

      Ganking is so overpowered in this game. I dont really understand why solo dungeons exist, if its so easy to gank them. There is little to no recourse one can take when being ganked. It doesnt take skill or thought on the gankers part. I literally got one shot. Like I literally had less than 0.01 seconds to respond to the situation. This is not competive or interactive. The whole game is supposed to be "do what you want" but its too hard to do anything when ganking is so overpowered. I dont mind that it happens at the rate. But it shouldnt be free for the gankers.
      Absolutely true, it's a SOLO DUNGEON atleast have a limitation on it. If 2 people are in dungeon allow for up to 2 people to fight them, if there's a solo in the dungeon only allow 1 person to try to dive them.... something. Especially for newer players, which are your moneymakers not the 3 year veterans that have 100+million silver so it isnt a big deal for them. You dont make anything off them anymore other than premium which most probably can just buy with silver at this point. I've had plenty of solo dungeons that I've 2v1 people, but had plenty of times where it's liek 3 - 5 people diving a solo dungeon... LIKE WTF... good job players all you're doing is pushing new players away and dying out the game in the long run.... hope that crap gear you guys got was worth it.
      As a ganker I've had situations where I've dived a solo dungeon and have been killed by 5 pve players faming in it. Nerf pve.

      Id much prefer the limit to be 2 players as my gank build will always beat your pve grinding build 1v1.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Drift ().

    • Lohend wrote:

      jakt wrote:

      You know how many of these god damn green portals I got to check before I find a single measly PvE'er to kill? The sheer mental assault I have to endure of entering YET ANOTHER solo dungeon only to see some stupid mob with a smug grin on his face as if to say "Nope. This one's empty too." is enough to drive me to /suicide half the time. It doesn't help that there are LITERALLY THOUSANDS of green portals in any single map, and navigating to each one of them with a T4 ARCH zerg on my ass, just salivating at the chance to take my 4.2 carving sword off my back to split between 30 of them, before I am even able to get to that point. So when you die, consider this and maybe congratulate the ganker, who has worked hard for his profits, and give him the kudos he has earned. Cheers.
      Yea, pvp build "ganker" killing a pve built solo player sure needs congratulating. Cheers. What next? We should sheer for "pro pvper" who downing overweight gatherers at yellow zone? What an achievement killing someone who is in middle of mobs and really cant fight back.
      Solo dungeons should have dynamic limiter: 1 person - 1 counter player, 2 player party - up to 1 party of 2 counter pvp players are allowed to enter etc.
      Why You going on full pve build to place where You should expect a pvp hapen? Take something that can pve decent but also have fighting chance.
    • NdwZ wrote:

      Lohend wrote:

      Yea, pvp build "ganker" killing a pve built solo player sure needs congratulating. Cheers. What next? We should sheer for "pro pvper" who downing overweight gatherers at yellow zone? What an achievement killing someone who is in middle of mobs and really cant fight back.Solo dungeons should have dynamic limiter: 1 person - 1 counter player, 2 player party - up to 1 party of 2 counter pvp players are allowed to enter etc.
      Why You going on full pve build to place where You should expect a pvp hapen? Take something that can pve decent but also have fighting chance.
      This is the thing that irritates me about the "Make me safer" people, they aren't even willing to do the bare minimum on their own, before begging for someone to come save them. If you aren't out there in gear capable of taking a fight, then you deserve to just flail and die anytime someone else shows up. It is sheep like behavior.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • What is the difference between the "Make me safer" people and the "I am too lazy to gather myself and too afraid to PvP in a fair fight" gankers who farm PvE players while hiding behind safety in numbers?

      A lot of gatherers actually do have a PvP player mentality. Some gankers have a PvP player mentality as well, but a lot of them are just punks.
    • Hohange wrote:

      Dude why you playing a Full Loot PvP game in the first place ? I mean you want Solos to be Safe play then in Blue Zones. Dont get Guys like you that want Higher Loot and fame for Lower Risk. The Game Rule is High Risk High Reward if you dont want this go to WoW.
      There is no high risk when you're in a gank squad going in vs a solo pve player. No skill involved, no strategy, no thought process behind it... just low risk high reward pushing players away from the game...... A high risk high reward scenario would be limit it to 1v1. That would be high risk for you if it was me in the dungeon :P. There's a huge difference in what the game is vs high risk high reward.... Is it really high risk if you try to solo farm when the population of the game is so high that you can barely complete 1 dungeon before seeing gank squads sometimes or have to travel through 5 other zones to get to a zone far enough out for the risk factor to drop low enough to actually farm a couple dungeons, which has rarely happened for me. There are so many players in large guilds hand holding that it is missing the concept of high risk high reward. Basically as along as you hold hands it's little to no risk .... high reward. I'm not that kind of player... I love 1vs1 or even 2vs1 scenarios and hate 3+ vs 1 scenarios. Ill wait until the game dies out some or just farm during low pop times of the day.

      Glad Albion's doing well, I just don't like the whole ganking crap when it's a big difference in numbers. I wouldnt mind a few yellow zones T6. That would be okay, why is there T3 4 blue T 5 yellow T6 7 8 red and black... hook up the solos with a little better farming capabilities than T5 if they break bank, which I havnt done yet, just because I see the gank squads and decide to head back to town. No point in trying that fight 1 v 5+ ..... that's just suicidal. I always leave with 400k+ sets to do my T7 and 8 solo dungeons efficiently... but then the issue with so many hideouts.... the game just needs to weed out some kinks .... it's so close to being great, but not there yet.
    • jakt wrote:

      Lohend wrote:

      Yea, pvp build "ganker" killing a pve built solo player sure needs congratulating. Cheers. What next? We should sheer for "pro pvper" who downing overweight gatherers at yellow zone? What an achievement killing someone who is in middle of mobs and really cant fight back.
      Solo dungeons should have dynamic limiter: 1 person - 1 counter player, 2 player party - up to 1 party of 2 counter pvp players are allowed to enter etc.
      Let me tell you a little story, champ. Last night me and the boys were rolling through the black zone, and all of a sudden some real mean lookin' folks started following us. Well one thing led to another and next thing you know I was being graveguarded 20 ft backward into the lot of them, only to eat a permafrost sandwich for dinner. Well we did what any good spirited Albion player would do...we hit the bank and went back for more. They outnumbered us 4 to 1 easily, but the inkling of a notion that maybe that well timed camlann would be all we needed to gain the upper hand and get that huge clap we all dream of. Well...we died again. And again. And again. They flat out spanked us probably four or five times before it was time for us to retire.

      Now, do I hold any hard feeling towards those individuals who absolutely spanked us backward and forward with quadruple our numbers? No. Am I out here calling for some game mechanic adjustment to ensure the fights are fair every time I set foot outside the safety of town? No. Its the open world out there, full of danger...but without that lingering element of death to keep you looking over your shoulder, there is no thrill. Its the spirit of Albion. Understand the rules (or lack of) and play by them. Sometimes you will have the upper hand, and sometimes you won't, but the victories you do share together will be memorable, and the losses will fade over time as the bank recovers.
      Sounds like a great time.
    • Drift wrote:

      EvaKaneeva wrote:

      tacofacefart wrote:

      Ganking is so overpowered in this game. I dont really understand why solo dungeons exist, if its so easy to gank them. There is little to no recourse one can take when being ganked. It doesnt take skill or thought on the gankers part. I literally got one shot. Like I literally had less than 0.01 seconds to respond to the situation. This is not competive or interactive. The whole game is supposed to be "do what you want" but its too hard to do anything when ganking is so overpowered. I dont mind that it happens at the rate. But it shouldnt be free for the gankers.
      Absolutely true, it's a SOLO DUNGEON atleast have a limitation on it. If 2 people are in dungeon allow for up to 2 people to fight them, if there's a solo in the dungeon only allow 1 person to try to dive them.... something. Especially for newer players, which are your moneymakers not the 3 year veterans that have 100+million silver so it isnt a big deal for them. You dont make anything off them anymore other than premium which most probably can just buy with silver at this point. I've had plenty of solo dungeons that I've 2v1 people, but had plenty of times where it's liek 3 - 5 people diving a solo dungeon... LIKE WTF... good job players all you're doing is pushing new players away and dying out the game in the long run.... hope that crap gear you guys got was worth it.
      Id much prefer the limit to be 2 players as my gank build will always beat your pve grinding build 1v1.
      I like playing for the challenge also.
    • Theres no risk in ganking period. Risk vs reward? What a joke. "Oh no the risk is getting counter ganked by a bigger squad!" Yeah the likely hood of your entire gank squad getting wiped out by another is almost 0 at most 1 or 2 die. Ganking 5v1 has no risk. Sure full loot pvp game, I fully support hgs high risk high reward and all the other GOOD PVP mechanics, ganking is not one of them.
    • You think ganking is only a killing solo gatherers, solo farmers and transport party? Ok we also do such a things but ganking is a taking a full dominance on specyfic map, making a death trap for everyone, solo, small groups and zergs also (including killing zergs in thier own terry - and any reinforcments who try to come on that terri ^^, stealing BM's also etc.)

      for example:


      Yep no risk ^^ (film intentionaly don't show all the action beacouse we don;t wanna show our ways to make a ambush, we don;t wanna imposters). And it's no ZvZ, we are always in our regular ganking set's :)
      Also we like to say that we arn't "a ganking guild" but "a gild who offer profesionall transport services back to Caerleon" (yep. beacouse of some patches in Albion our name is little outdated beacouse nowadays if You die on BZ You don't respawn in Caerleon sadly :( )
      "We take You back to town in a blink of a eye! With small fee (just all Your belongings xD) ane we have a thousands of satisfied clients!

      TAXI Caerleon - Your best transport company"
    • New player here. Definitely need to limit ganking. If I am not with a group of friends, it feels almost impossible to do things solo in Red and Black Zones. I am HAPPY to fight a 1v1 or even 1v2 in a solo dungeon. I am not happy with 8v1 and losing instantly if they have even a little coordination.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      How about learning how not to get ganked ?

      99% of people who die to ganking dont use their brain and dont follow even the most basic safety rules
      Exactly!
      Most basic safety rules are:
      1. Don't believe any bullshit gankers are telling you in the forums
      2. Don't go in full loot zones at all if you're not a ganker, diver, part of mega alliance
      3. If you're non of the above don't wear/carry anything with you in full loot zones

      You're welcome.