Parry (All swords) Getting a nerf AGAIN.

• Swords are strong as ... But touching parry is nonsense.

The issue of swords is NOT parry and if you take your time and play it s bit you will see.

The issue is "best mobility on super good damage". So if u want balance sword, leave parry but adjust heroic and half the speedbuff of it. 18% run speed is still decent on 3 stacks but no more crazy..

But for heaven sake leave parry alone. All you will achieve is that another W is default..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Swords are strong as ... But touching parry is nonsense.

The issue of swords is NOT parry and if you take your time and play it s bit you will see.

The issue is "best mobility on super good damage". So if u want balance sword, leave parry but adjust heroic and half the speedbuff of it. 18% run speed is still decent on 3 stacks but no more crazy..

But for heaven sake leave parry alone. All you will achieve is that another W is default..
      ironically sword Q gives better mobility than dagger Q.
      I wish Sword Q focused more on balanced defense/offense/mobility tbh.
    • I am always amused or pissed or whatever if a sword on Giga boots circles around me while I am on full run and poor sword doesn't know where to with all that mobility...

But parry.. a nice skill, balanced, working...stop touching it..

And I hate swords, but touching parry is rubbish

P.S. I never thought that one day I will have to raise my voice to protect sword...Holly..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• It´s just 3 seconds. Everyone is using parry.

Swords are as strong as they are, and parry is very, very annoying skills that makes many weapon´s E not only useless ( no damage), but it also reflects the damage to them. It gives you invulnerability and reflect, and in the hands of a good user, it´s brutally strong.

Q on swords is just brutal - movement speed and attack speed ? Bruh. 36% is nuts. W is super strong, and E is good - on carving, its so op its downright broken.

Swords have strong Q, W,and E - no wonder they are meta.
    • This moment then some other weapons have E on lower CD then sword W ....
      Parry immobilizes user on place, need some good timing ( specialy on high ms ).

Like some before me, I think movement speed from HC stack shud be nerfed, but not parry.
      Hamstring deserves little love, and Splitting Slash shortening of animation and stand time.
      Then parry would not be so common, because there would be good alternatives.
    • Niefart wrote:

This moment then some other weapons have E on lower CD then sword W ....
      Parry immobilizes user on place, need some good timing ( specialy on high ms ).

Like some before me, I think movement speed from HC stack shud be nerfed, but not parry.
      Hamstring deserves little love, and Splitting Slash shortening of animation and stand time.
      Then parry would not be so common, because there would be good alternatives.
      So you want all your W abilities to be the best ? Some weapon´s W is a god damn joke, yet you have top tier like parry, iron will, and you even have interrupt. You want a bit too much, don´t you
    • I wish they all were equally useful. Only then there will be variety, otherwise it will always meet with 1-2 best. All despite different actions and use in different situations they will be equally useful and the one from which the player will usually be tied will depend on his preferences and game style, not the one that is currently OP. I think that is balance.
      BTW I don't think parry is the best in the game either, imo belongs to those balanced. If I had to choose the strongest W with the weapons I play, that would be it Ray of light.
      We know what is strong depends largely on subjective feelings and what you play yourself, e.g. for mele characters, Op can be Wall of Flames, and a player with a range weapon will not agree with that.
    • Niefart wrote:

I wish they all were equally useful. Only then there will be variety, otherwise it will always meet with 1-2 best. All despite different actions and use in different situations they will be equally useful and the one from which the player will usually be tied will depend on his preferences and game style, not the one that is currently OP. I think that is balance.
      BTW I don't think parry is the best in the game either, imo belongs to those balanced. If I had to choose the strongest W with the weapons I play, that would be it Ray of light.
      We know what is strong depends largely on subjective feelings and what you play yourself, e.g. for mele characters, Op can be Wall of Flames, and a player with a range weapon will not agree with that.
      It is not about subjectivity at all. It´s more about versatility.

Parry in the beginning was way too strong - it did everything. Interrupt, silence, invulnerability, reflect, aoe damage, and low cooldown. It´s good for everything.

It´s still very strong now, as it´s invulnerability, damage, and reflect. And sword´s are simply too good for everything.

Let´s compare let´s say W on axes with it´s similar counterpart of W on swords. :

W on axes : Adrenaline Boost
      1) Increases movement speed by 50%
      2) Increases damage by 20%
      20 seconds cd, 35 mana ( costs even more mana than W on swords despite it´s few functions), 5 seconds duration

W on swords : Iron Will.
      1) Increases movement speed by 20%
      2) Reduces incoming damage by 26%
      3) Increases your heroic charge by 1 ( meaning if your stacks are running out, you can refresh it with it)
      4) Makes you Unpurgeable ( that´s just disgustingly OP )
      20 seconds CD, 29 mana, 4 seconds duration

That´s just disgusting. These two abilities can´t be compared at all. And many weapons have it similar, as their W performs somewhat decently, but that´s it. While parry and iron will are both S rank abilities useful in almost all situations. If you compare iron will with axes w, it´s a joke.

It´s no suprise swords are meta.

Either nerf these abilities, or make other abilities at least a bit stronger.

Frost suffers from similarly OP W - Instant teleport, root, interrupt, damage, low cooldown

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Borbarad wrote:

20 seconds cd, 35 mana ( costs even more mana than W on swords despite it´s few functions), 5 seconds duration

3) Increases your heroic charge by 1 ( meaning if your stacks are running out, you can refresh it with it)

That´s just disgusting. These two abilities can´t be compared at all.

Of course they can be compared. At first glance, iron will looks much better, but you need to consider 20% longer Adrenaline boost effect.

- Purge resistance - Q stack from axe cant be purged from u because you don't stack them on you so it's unnecessary. With the rest for galantine, there is little opportunity to take advantage of it, usually a bonus to ms, dmg reduction or maintenance of stacks of HC has priority. Its still plus but really not so huge.

- Add 1 heroic charge - its true this is strong advantage
      - Movment speed 50% vs 20% (Even with the HC stack, it's far up to 50%) Plus, it lasts 20% longer than the iron will bonus. You can say it's only a second, but when the whole buff lasts 4s, each one makes a big difference.
      - Reducing 26% dmg vs deal 20% dmg. 6% difference in favor of iron will versus second duration in favor of AB. What is better? questionable, personally I would prefer a longer duration, but probably there will be those who choose a stronger buff.

If I could choose between these two skills fighting with a sword, it would be hard for me to decide. If not for the additional HC stack from Iron will, I would have no hesitation in choosing Adrenaline boost, because movment speed and dmg boost are the most important statistics in solo and small scale pvp that I play.I don't see any drastic differences in the power of these two skills, either. But it's not that the swords are weak. Swords are in top tier weapons, But it's because of the heroic charge and a few strong E, not because of their W. And as for the axes, I know they are brilliant for fame farm, but from the solo player perspective they need some love in PvP because are weake in this aspect of game. So if you look through their prism I think most weapons will be OP. Personally, I play with swords, bows, daggers, fire staffs and all these weapons are on a similar level of power.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Niefart ().

• Niefart wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

That´s just disgusting. These two abilities can´t be compared at all.
      Of course they can be compared. At first glance, iron will looks much better, but you need to consider 20% longer Adrenaline boost effect.

- Purge resistance - Q stack from axe cant be purged from u because you don't stack them on you so it's unnecessary. With the rest for galantine, there is little opportunity to take advantage of it, usually a bonus to ms, dmg reduction or maintenance of stacks of HC has priority. Its still plus but really not so huge.

- Add 1 heroic charge - its true this is strong advantage
      - Movment speed 50% vs 20% (Even with the HC stack, it's far up to 50%) Plus, it lasts 20% longer than the iron will bonus. You can say it's only a second, but when the whole buff lasts 4s, each one makes a big difference.
      - Reducing 26% dmg vs deal 20% dmg. 6% difference in favor of iron will versus second duration in favor of AB. What is better? questionable, personally I would prefer a longer duration, but probably there will be those who choose a stronger buff.

If I could choose between these two skills fighting with a sword, it would be hard for me to decide. If not for the additional HC stack from Iron will, I would have no hesitation in choosing Adrenaline boost, because movment speed and dmg boost are the most important statistics in solo and small scale pvp that I play.I don't see any drastic differences in the power of these two skills, either. But it's not that the swords are weak. Swords are in top tier weapons, But it's because of the heroic charge and a few strong E, not because of their W. And as for the axes, I know they are brilliant for fame farm, but from the solo player perspective they need some love in PvP because are weake in this aspect of game. So if you look through their prism I think most weapons will be OP. Personally, I play with swords, bows, daggers, fire staffs and all these weapons are on a similar level of power.
      I completely disagree here, though I in 95% agree with @Niefart on his balance view

What you forget is the synergies with passives and q. Here sword simply swims in heroic stack and iron will is just...uuups.. I am about to loose stacks...ahhh fixed..and that is super strong
    • Yes aditional stack of HC and ms bonus is why anybody pick it, but its again beacouse Heroic is so strong, not beacouse iron will is OP by design. Nerfing dmg reducion or purge immunity would not change the usability of the skill too much (only for galatine), but if the gameplay of swords did not revolve around heroic stacks, hardly anyone would use iron will. It is not the "W" that is the problem.
    • parry has gotten way to many nerfs, Taking another 3 seconds away is just too much, If they keep taking from parry its going to be dog shit, Makes no sence, If you dont want everyone running it make the other W's worth using currently only maybe 1 other W is worth taking sometimes and thats because the other ones are even more dog shit.
    • Niefart wrote:

Yes aditional stack of HC and ms bonus is why anybody pick it, but its again beacouse Heroic is so strong, not beacouse iron will is OP by design. Nerfing dmg reducion or purge immunity would not change the usability of the skill too much (only for galatine), but if the gameplay of swords did not revolve around heroic stacks, hardly anyone would use iron will. It is not the "W" that is the problem.
      yup - now we on same page....