(Suggestion) Regionalization of prices for premium

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• (Suggestion) Regionalization of prices for premium

Hello everyone!

Its notorious that the current price for premium account, at least in latin america, is absolutely far from the economic reality.
      In brazil, for exemple, a minimum wage is equal to $179, what means 1 month premium is almost 7% of a minimum wage!

I can GUARANTEE, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that a regionalization of prices would boost the number of premium purcharses on latin america and would benefits both player and sandbox interactive.
      A lot of people who I talk that play the game chooses buying premium by ingame currency instead of real money because of the price!

OPEN YOUR EYES! You are losing money!
    • Wynillo90 wrote:

Its to easy to abus, use VPN "im brazil" and get my free 90% off.
      This and maintaining the different locations is more expensive than the small wins due to a few thousand brazils..
      Im sorry buddy
      Exactly. The thing is other games with regionalisation can do it because they have multiple servers across the world when albion is a worldwide server when regionalisation can be abused via vpn. I guess that's the reason why they don't to it.

Also you can still have premium with silver so i don't think it's that huge of a problem tho.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Wynillo90 wrote:

Its to easy to abus, use VPN "im brazil" and get my free 90% off.
      This and maintaining the different locations is more expensive than the small wins due to a few thousand brazils..
      Im sorry buddy
      Exactly. The thing is other games with regionalisation can do it because they have multiple servers across the world when albion is a worldwide server when regionalisation can be abused via vpn. I guess that's the reason why they don't to it.
      Also you can still have premium with silver so i don't think it's that huge of a problem tho.
      You guys just don't know how to pinpoint regionality. You do it on a paying basis. You will undoubtedly be able to tell who a person (and location of their payment option(s)) is as soon as they're inputting card details.

It's common practice and actual law for payment providers to ensure credibility of people and provide geolocation to their customers (e.g SBI) EXAMPLE. We're talking bank details, not something everybody easily can fake. It's required by law to know who paid you money, those details also contain current country.

The post was edited 4 times, last by gideonflynn: 1. fingers in the wrong place when started typing lol 2. Clarification in regards to payment options. 3. added example link and changes address to current country, as that's what I was referring to. 4. edit the edit message as it's not formatted ().

• gideonflynn wrote:

You guys just don't know how to pinpoint regionality. You do it on a paying basis. You will undoubtedly be able to tell who a person (and location of their payment option(s)) is as soon as they're inputting card details.
      It's common practice and actual law for payment providers to ensure credibility of people and provide geolocation to their customers (e.g SBI) EXAMPLE. We're talking bank details, not something everybody easily can fake. It's required by law to know who paid you money, those details also contain current country.
      You talk about bank detail when other payement option doesn't even need it...
    • You can't really have regional pricing for AO, when you can pay for your premium with in game currency. Being able to pay with in game currency balances the monetary values of different countries currencies already. If you live in a low labor value country, you are just supposed to pay in silver, by using your low labor value time to earn silver, at an effectively higher rate of return than someone whose labor is valued higher.

The games with regional pricing don't generally have this payment system based on in game currency. So they don't have this problem.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper