Im not having fun; I quit

• Im not having fun; I quit

Maybe im not cut out for this game but i cant handle loosing 20% of my wealth in a single death. Trying to compete with players who have substantially more game time and wealth than me, i cant get to their level because im getting picked off in every single dungeon i try to do. I am 90% of the way there to loving this game but im emotionally distraught at every death and its just not fun now.
    • I was there with you. The biggest tip I can give is: go out in t4 gear. Sure, you're not as strong. Dungeon clears take longer. You'll potentially lose fights you could've won with better gear. But each death can be 30k instead of 200. You can learn, grow, and get stronger, without breaking the bank. And then, those victories will be so very sweet.
      Give it a try :)
    • Aramirr wrote:

Maybe im not cut out for this game but i cant handle loosing 20% of my wealth in a single death. Trying to compete with players who have substantially more game time and wealth than me, i cant get to their level because im getting picked off in every single dungeon i try to do. I am 90% of the way there to loving this game but im emotionally distraught at every death and its just not fun now.
      I don't understand wearing 20% of your wealth someplace where a random gang squad can take it.
    • Aramirr wrote:

You can't try to compete instant with everybody after 3-4 days dude. If you want to compete, do it slowly. Also don't afford to lose a build at least 10 time (it's like 5 times for you and the reaction says clearly)
    • I know how you feel. Been playing for 3 weeks now and when i enter BZ dungeons i am picked 99% of the time. I am farming Yellowzone solodungeons until i got my spec to lvl 70 and then ill go BZ again. In my time farming yellowzone and gathering a bit of lumber and flax i managed to make 2 million silver. From that money i buy 5.1 equip whenever i see it is kinda cheap. For example i want to play carving greatsword in bz and a usual 5.1 carving sword cost about 100k. I managed to pick one for 85k because i check the price everytime i am at the auction house.
      I know these are small steps but you cannot compete with players that play the game 3 years when you play it for 3 weeks. Take your time and stay safe in yellowzone!

oh and dont faction flag if you are from Tethford. Fort Sterling players are often at the gates and I forgot about it once which lost me 300k worth of gear.
    • I wouldn't quite in your place but maybe take a break at best. The next content patch will bring cool features for solo and small group content like corrupted dungeons, you will also have the mists which I am not sure how they will work but they sound cool af. In case you want to tough it out you should just bring T4.1 stuff and try to speed clear T6 dungeons in black zones. Rarely anyone goes there to farm or gank, especially if you wander out far in to the black zones, you will have an undisturbed time. Try to also use gear for optimized clear. Bring a soup, scholar cowl and a solid clearing weapon, each weapon line should have one.
    • Literally, there was a lot of suggestions that would have made your life easier.

Blobing in SRD if more that one would be the most easiest. There was a ton more..

But on the other hand, I am sure there is a good readon that SBI did not do that.

Potentially this:

You are a nice content. Non competitive, worth some money and a good entertainment to hunt down...
    • ask questions in different chat channels and join up with someone who is helpful. If you want PvP, ask PvP questions. Farming, farming questions. Don't join any alliance that leaves you with more questions than you started with if you ask a simple question thats not something like which weapon should I use?
    • Aramirr wrote:

Why are you pvping with your best set? Keep that for PVE, and build a bank of multiple sets. I go in with T6 and T5 gear and I solo 2v1 sometimes 3v1 and they all have T5 - T7 gear. It gets easier once you build a little economy and you can just make like 10 sets as backup and go pvp. GL HF stick with it, it's much easier than you think.