Compensation Buff for Inner Focus (Spears)

• Compensation Buff for Inner Focus (Spears)

Hello,

I was curious to know if there were any compensation buffs in place for Inner Focus for the spear-line... The mobility aspect of it is near useless now since it gives you hardly any distance range. This is due to 2 things: The large nerf to the movement speed of the ability and the charge time that was not reduced as compensation. With both of these items together, the Inner Focus ability is near useless for any kite-ability aspect. It is still useful for cheesy pike builds, which I believe damages the game.

Best move, since we don't want the mobility to be toxic like it was in the past, would be to reduce the charge time, and perhaps reduce the damage / cc buff to balance it all out.

TLDR: Please consider reducing charge time on Inner Focus to give back some mobility to the weapon-line.
    • They reduced the mobility and charge for a reason. Sad scrublords like you come here to beg for your sad build back. You’re begging like for your OP combo to come back instead of actually being proactive and adapting. What youre doing is a sad clinging to old OP builds praying you could do any of them if only SBI retcond OP’d said items.
    • I don't understand why the need of a rant on response to his request.
      Yes, inner focus was too powerful and nobody disagree with it being nerfed.
      Spears in general as weapons are far from being competitive in any aspect of the game atm, and it's not my word, you can go and watch any meta snapshot either based on data or opinion, you will see spears are nowhere to be seen.
      Not in PvE, 1v1, 2v2, GvG or ZvZ.
      Also, asking for a buff to Inner focus is in order because the skill is useless at the current state. Yes we can go other routes aswell, but still what's the point of having a skill in the game that's not usable. I can see the "there are other skills also that are not usable in the game" response coming, but that's not an answer, every skill should have utility at least in one aspect of the game and if they don't, they should be buffed/reworked, and players have this space to ask for it. Period.
    • owensssss wrote:

They reduced the mobility and charge for a reason. Sad scrublords like you come here to beg for your sad build back. You’re begging like for your OP combo to come back instead of actually being proactive and adapting. What youre doing is a sad clinging to old OP builds praying you could do any of them if only SBI retcond OP’d said items.
      Someone got screwed over by the ability one too many times. Your message is quite assumptive - you will not have found me using the Inner Focus cheese builds, in fact - I’ve spoken out against them. The issue was not the ability, but the combination of abilities from different pieces of gear.

I am not asking that it comes back to the same level that it was - I only ask that the charge time get reduced. For long-term distance running, you will still be gated by the recently nerfed movement speed and the cooldown. As others have stated, the ability in its current state is useless, the charge and movement speed limits you to 3 meters gained... the cc duration and damage increase are obscured by Impaler’s effects, which are more useful for similar circumstances (I usually use this).

You should check your attitude before you provide more useless responses like this one. You show yourself as someone incapable of reading before typing a reply.
    • I always saw Spears as the better Daggers. Daggers really aren't good in anything besides ganking, and it seems like spears are slightly less good at that, but slightly better in other content. While they aren't meta, they have some super fun stuff. Like have you seen Spirithunter recently? Long CD, but that Damage+Drag+Root+Purge is just hilarious. One Shot Pike is a thing. Trident could probably really sync well with a Bow/Dagger user. I also see Reflect builds pretty often now.

While they definitely have issues, they do still have uses and it's a pretty delicate balance because any changes could tip them over the edge, much like daggers. The new Chain Slash update Daggers are going to get will be absolutely incredible and could cause a lot of frustration fighting against them.
    • Acoustic wrote:

I always saw Spears as the better Daggers. Daggers really aren't good in anything besides ganking, and it seems like spears are slightly less good at that, but slightly better in other content. While they aren't meta, they have some super fun stuff. Like have you seen Spirithunter recently? Long CD, but that Damage+Drag+Root+Purge is just hilarious. One Shot Pike is a thing. Trident could probably really sync well with a Bow/Dagger user. I also see Reflect builds pretty often now.

While they definitely have issues, they do still have uses and it's a pretty delicate balance because any changes could tip them over the edge, much like daggers. The new Chain Slash update Daggers are going to get will be absolutely incredible and could cause a lot of frustration fighting against them.

Acoustic, sorry but I completely disagree with you on the statement that spears are "the better dagger", daggers are very much meta in every content in the game ^^'
      There are Bloodletter builds for ZvZ ranked 23, 34, 47, 57, ... in albion2d meta snapshot (which means it's highly used), some claws builds are also used for this and even there is a deathgiver build
      In 10v10 the same remains, Bloodletter is even more popular in this content ranking at 16, 25, 34, 35.
      In GvG (5v5) you can see Claws are one of the most used MDPS (ranking 8, 16, 22, 45, 46, ...), deathgivers in a solid 18 rank and Bloodletter in lower positions (ranks 60, 102, 154)
      For 2v2 you can find all daggers but black hands on the meta list: Deathgiver (solid 18th rank), Bloodletter (21, 32, 65, 80, 86), Claws (35, 37, 42, 43, 46, 47, 68,...), but even a single build for each dagger pair and 1h dagger in lower ranks.
      For solo PVP, you can find Deathgiver in rank 4! Claws in rank 5, 8 and 9! Bloodletter in 47, 57, 74, 78, 1h dagger in 58,62, 83, ... Dagger pair in 87, 100, 106 and Black hands in 64. So all daggers are being used in this content.
      For the sake of comparing it with Spears:
      For ZvZ no spear build in the whole list
      For 10v10 no spear build in the whole list
      For GvG no spear build in the whole list
      For 2v2 no spear build in the whole list
      For 1v1 Spear build on rank 146 and 152, Pike build in rank 71 and that's it.
      So it's quite obvious that daggers are better for every content in the game....

Actually, I went through all weapon trees in the game, and Spear is BY FAR the most underrepresented tree on meta snapshot based on data atm, even worse than arcane (which would rank second, thanks to Locus).

An this is not opinion, that's the current state of the spear, period.
    • Actually, one hand dagger is really strong in 2 hg and one of the very few things that can say to sword, c'mon let's stand fight

Bow could do that, but bow is cheese on purge
      Curse could do that, but curse is cheese on guardian helm / lifetouch
      Axe could do that, but axe is in no time out of mana

Dagger 1h cannot be purged, and can compete with sword in exchange full damage..

So dagger is at an excellent spot

Spear though is ok overall, but for everything, there is a better non spear alternative

And I dunno if it is a player problem or the other weapons got buffed while spear remained on old values

But in the past, there was a player called "Nomasti" and in his hands a spear was one of the deadliest weapons in this game..

But I am afraid most have forgotten this guy..
    • Ginsenko wrote:

Acoustic wrote:

I always saw Spears as the better Daggers. Daggers really aren't good in anything besides ganking, and it seems like spears are slightly less good at that, but slightly better in other content. While they aren't meta, they have some super fun stuff. Like have you seen Spirithunter recently? Long CD, but that Damage+Drag+Root+Purge is just hilarious. One Shot Pike is a thing. Trident could probably really sync well with a Bow/Dagger user. I also see Reflect builds pretty often now.

In GvG (5v5) you can see Claws are one of the most used MDPS (ranking 8, 16, 22, 45, 46, ...), deathgivers in a solid 18 rank and Bloodletter in lower positions (ranks 60, 102, 154)
      Not trying to belittle what you're saying, I should have clarified before the recent changes. But this caught my eye:

That has to be wrong, because nobody is using Claws in GvGs. Something about that Albion Online Meta list isn't right.

I don't use spears beyond dicking around on the test server, but considering how long Daggers went with zero changes and zero buffs when even right now they're in a pretty awkward place... yeah, I had serious Spear envy. I think Spears are in a rough patch right now, but it should be brought up Spears could be overtuned really easily because they have some serious potential in a lot of categories and I wanted to point out some of the neat things they have access to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Acoustic ().

• 1h is solid
      It’s definitely on its spot in 2v2 hg right now
      But it’s not “strong” or “excellent spot” like you said
      That’s just one more A- tier weapon and not even close to S- tier
      I’ve done nearly 400-500 hgs with it for last week and I could say that winrate is +- same like with broadsword / light cross / black hands / claymore or any other meta DD
      The one thing it offers vs other weapons - a bit less skill on healer you need
      But it’s really harder to fight S tier comps compared to known old setups like broad/cross/hands/1shot setups