Android Issues - Possible fix *Updated*

• Android Issues - Possible fix *Updated*

Hi all,

we just release a new apk for Android devices that should fix the recent issues with installing and updating the game.

It can be downloaded directly at this link: live.albiononline.com/autoupda…-full-1.16.396.165930.apk

Please let us know if this resolves the issues for you and report any errors to us.

If you still have problems with installing the game, please try the following:
      • Fully uninstall the old client. Then, reboot your phone. Then try to install the new client
      • Make sure that you have enough free storage space on your device. To be on the safe side, aim for at least 4 gb (better 5gb) of free space before downloading the new apk.
      • If you get an error saying that the app ist not trusted / from an unknown source etc, please check this article: androidcentral.com/unknown-sources
      Thanks!
    • So you mean we wont need to download any more "APK" just to play the game anymore? especially with this hot fix going on??

I mean like if you have another update or some "MINOR FIXES" why not just put them in additional updates ingame ? instead of like giving us more "Giving more APK" to download.

Because like its such a waste of money and time to download and re installing the mobile game for like daily now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by dzoh_5 ().

• Nenmor wrote:

Bad news. I downloaded it and try to install. But Android didn't let me. Same as before.

Can you check how much free storage space you have on your device?

The final client takes quite a bit of space, more than the downloaded files.

A rough guideline is to aim for 5 gb of free storage space prior to downloading the apk. The apk takes about 1.4 gb, the client installed from it about 2.2 gb. That would be 1.4+2.2 = 3.6gb, but Android will need a buffer to work properly after that, so to be on the safe side, aim for 4-5gb of free storage space prior to downloading the apk. You can delete the apk after installing the game.
    • Nenmor wrote:

CapitanYak wrote:

It actually worked and was possible to download and install.
      I will download and try again.
      I downloaded again and tried to install. But unfortunately result is the same.

I played this game via my mobile till this last patch. I don't know why but system/Android refuses to install the app. It says don't trust the publisher. Anything changed in between last two patches?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nenmor ().

• Nenmor wrote:

I played this game via my mobile till this last patch. I don't know why but system/Android refuses to install the app. It says don't trust the publisher. Anything changed in between last two patches?

Hm, the warning that the device does not trust the publisher etc. often happens if you install an app directly from the .apk. As far as I know, it should be possible for override / ignore this error message.

Please take a look at this: androidcentral.com/unknown-sources
    • Korn wrote:

Nenmor wrote:

Hm, the warning that the device does not trust the publisher etc. often happens if you install an app directly from the .apk. As far as I know, it should be possible for override / ignore this error message.

There is an icon but Andorid wasn't care my choice.

But, I solved the problem. Before I never needed to uninstall the previous one, just installed the new APK. But this time, it just worked when I remove the old one.

Thanks for the quick support.

Solution: Erasing the old client, before installing the new client. (Which wasn't needed in previous client installation)
    • Ya descargue la actualización, me deja ingresar al juego pero se congela constantemente. Y se congela al cambiar de región a región. Gracias por el trabajo que realizan para optimizar el juego.

----

I already downloaded the update, it allows me to enter the game but it constantly freezes. And it freezes when changing from region to region. Thank you for the work you do to optimize the game.
    • Korn wrote:

Nenmor wrote:

Check if you can download content from unknown sources. You must enable this option on your device.
    • it works fine in my phone now.

Installing the client directly from my file manager makes it error.
      What i did is i nstalled file explorer app which is the ES file explorer and install the client through that file explorer.
      Also i uninstall the old client, deleted the old file and even scan and delete unwanted cache.
      Download the new client and even the added 743MB.
      It still works fine now 10 hrs after I downloaded the new client.