Launcher Resume Download Feedback (Update: 23.06.20, 13:46 UTC)

• Launcher Resume Download Feedback (Update: 23.06.20, 13:46 UTC)

Update (23.06.20, 13:46 UTC):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the launchers in the OP!

Our devs have now deployed a new launcher to the live server which should be better for downloading future patches and resume download from where it stopped when the connection dropped.

There is no need for you to do anything, as the launcher you have will automatically check for the new version and be updated accordingly.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the situation where some players would have issues downloading patches from the launcher, where if their connection was lost, the download would reset from the beginning when they tried to resume download.

Our devs have come up with the new launcher links below, which should resume download from where it stopped when the connection dropped.

MacOS: live.albiononline.com/autoupda…cosx-setup-1.0.34.296.pkg
      Windows: live.albiononline.com/autoupda…in32-setup-1.0.34.296.exe
      Linux: live.albiononline.com/autoupda…er-linux-setup-1.0.34.296

We would love to have your feedback on whether this launcher works for you and helps with the above issue. Please post your feedback in this thread.

Thank you!

- Mytherceria & the Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • In android some devices can't type verifycation code. The login and pass inputs uses main keyboard, but the verifycation input trying to use Google Voice keyboard.
      So if use emulation system (as nox) the problem not apares, because there no alternative keyboard.
      But in real devices (as samsung) you can't switch off Voice keyboard, even it is not selected!
      Update can't help, because from version 65550 (and last at this moment 67xxx) you need to deinstall all previous data.
    • cant fucking open version.txt.zip file wtf is that

Every new update, got the same problem, cant download the new patch.

First it will say cant write version.txt.

*retry*

could not open version.txt.zip

*repair*

same shit...

Have the space, stable net, turned the firewall (everything) off still cant fix this shitty as problem

The post was edited 2 times, last by CappuccinoJedi: wrong verb ().

• Gme will not update. It is stuck at 1% though I can hear the music in the background. When stuck, it locks up my pc, meaning I can't ALT+F4, cannot bring up the Task Panel on that desktop. I have to bring up another desktop and bring up the Task Panel there, then force close Albion Online multiple times before it works. This is in Steam.

In regards to the Albion Online launcher itself, it took a while but patched, but now cannot connect.

Overall, there was no button to resume the download on either of the launchers during those times.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AngelWingz ().

• Afellzim wrote:

I downloaded the game for windows and when I update, it arrives at a certain point and everything comes back, even repairing and reinstalling, in both, the same problem, how do I solve it?
      I have this problem for 2 days now. Download about 300mb then resets back. Disabling firewall/add to allowed apps. Disabling or uninstall antivirus it does not do anything.
    • AngelWingz wrote:

Gme will not update. It is stuck at 1% though I can hear the music in the background. When stuck, it locks up my pc, meaning I can't ALT+F4, cannot bring up the Task Panel on that desktop. I have to bring up another desktop and bring up the Task Panel there, then force close Albion Online multiple times before it works. This is in Steam.

In regards to the Albion Online launcher itself, it took a while but patched, but now cannot connect.

Overall, there was no button to resume the download on either of the launchers during those times.
      I found a post on Steam that talks about going to Settings on my Launcher to repair the files. So I did that yesterday when the game didn't work, and I was able to play.

Today, it broke once again, froen at 1%. I don't need to be repairing my game every day if it constantly breaks.

I want to point this out, that it only started having this issue when the last season ended and the week of the Fame boost was put in.
    • I am having issues with the installer timing out while downloading the latest update. I seem to be having an issue connecting to all live.albiononline.com endpoints, even the links you provided in OP have an issue and are downloading at about 10kb/s. Local speed test results show download speeds as +50mb/s. I have inspected the launcher's logs and it appears to start with 40 connections and 0 timeouts, then proceeds to timeout from each connection one at a time until we have 1 connection and 39 timeouts. At that point the remaining connection retries a total of 10 times before exiting with an error code. The error code chages, sometimes 5, sometime 8 but it typically seemed like a single digit number followed by an explanation of which file it couldn't download. After exiting with an error code the launcher eventually crashes and a crash report is created. I have tried this on three different macOS machines (one mac mini and the other two were newer model macbook pros) and all three had the same issue. The vpn workaround that is mentioned is technically an option as the endpoints do indeed resolve if I use a vpn but without a good vpn connection the download speeds are still pretty dismal. At less than a gig, compared to 50+ gigs, I would say that the vpn work around should not be considered a viable option.
    • Dagother wrote:

brisconey wrote:

nope still cant update, nor dl, nor repair. pc.
      Hey, what's happening exactly? If your launcher stops downloading you can press the retry button and it should resume download instead of starting from the beginning, that's not the case for you?
      open game, launcher "checks data integ" status bar fills to completion of check then goes blank. a few moments pass and get error dl. click retry, few moments pass and game closes. never even enters dl stage.
    • Whillowe wrote:

I am having issues with the installer timing out while downloading the latest update. I seem to be having an issue connecting to all live.albiononline.com endpoints, even the links you provided in OP have an issue and are downloading at about 10kb/s. Local speed test results show download speeds as +50mb/s. I have inspected the launcher's logs and it appears to start with 40 connections and 0 timeouts, then proceeds to timeout from each connection one at a time until we have 1 connection and 39 timeouts. At that point the remaining connection retries a total of 10 times before exiting with an error code. The error code chages, sometimes 5, sometime 8 but it typically seemed like a single digit number followed by an explanation of which file it couldn't download. After exiting with an error code the launcher eventually crashes and a crash report is created. I have tried this on three different macOS machines (one mac mini and the other two were newer model macbook pros) and all three had the same issue. The vpn workaround that is mentioned is technically an option as the endpoints do indeed resolve if I use a vpn but without a good vpn connection the download speeds are still pretty dismal. At less than a gig, compared to 50+ gigs, I would say that the vpn work around should not be considered a viable option.
      Yep, i have like 600 mb download and im downloading at like 0-256 kb/s on the launcher. gets like 5% of the way before it times out and says error