a salty rant / suggestion

• a salty rant / suggestion

so this section is 'Give us feedback on the game, or leave a suggestion for improvement'

In today's patch: certain skill icons were changed...

"
      New icons have been created for the following skills:
      • Dagger E - Bloodthirsty Blade
      • Dagger Pair E - Slit Throat
      • Heavy Crossbow E - Sweeping Bolt
      • Clarent Blade E - Mighty Swing
      • Weeping Repeater E - Explosive Mine
      • Frost Staffs Q- Hoarfrost
      • Frost Staffs Q - Ice Shard
      • Hoarfrost Staff E - Avalanche
      • Infernal Scythe E - Bloody Reap
      • Bows Q - Poisoned Arrow
      • Bows W - Ray of Light <---- Im referring to this skill in this post... but my rant may apply to several on this list.
      • Warbow E - Magic Arrow
      • Blight Staff E - Ruthless Nature
      • Heron Spear E - Spear Throw
      "
      so yeah my feedback....
      ray of light for example... were there any icons in the game that shared the same icon as ray of light? I don't think so...

If im running badon bow, with judicator helm, and hmm stalker jacket.... I would have 3 of the same exact icons on my bar...

WHY WOULD YOU NOT MAKE UNIQUE ICONS FOR THESE?! when CLEARLY they are the SAME ICON ?! yeah COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MECHANICS

Instead.... you picked a unique icon..... and replaced it with a unique icon??

how about knight boots skill with a daggers ' chain slash ' skill... SAME ICON ??? but you had to put time/effort into changing something that was already unique FOR WHAT PURPOSE ?????????

what im saying is that if you have lets say... 500 unique skills in the game... and have 400 unique icons for these skills
      why would you not slowly get rid of your 'copy pasta' lazyness and get somthing in there that is actually unique to the skill. instead of updating ray of light to what? look cooler?

WHAT WAS THE REASON ???

How about using the bow's E 'enchanted quiver' skill, while also having soldier armor 'fury' skill ---- THEY ARE THE SAME ICON YET YOU DIDNT UPDATE THOSE ?!?!?

WHAT IS THIS LOGIC???

Are there other possible combinations of gear that you could have duplicate icons on your bar at the same time? I GUARANTEE THERE IS

So again SBI, I ask you.... WHY
      to look cool? to give someone on your team somthing to do? WHY?? :cursing:

why would you not want to get rid of the clear 'copy pasta' icons that are not unique??

* glances down at bar and see's 3 of the same icon, 2 are on cooldown *
      hmmm what skill isn't on cooldown? :S

* I'm glad my ray of light icon got an update? *
      *Uhhhhhh....huh?*

unique icon -> unique icon ? *huh?*
      copy pasta-> no change ? maybe some on the list were... were there? ?(

give your unique skills in game, unique icons BEFORE you take unique icons and trash them for another unique icon... what did updating ray of lights icon do ?

My suggestion is to ELIMINATE the possibility of having the SAME ICON on your bar AT THE SAME TIME ( THEN replace duplicate 'copy pasta' icons completely... )
      ^ this thought is FAR more meaningful and has a deeper impact. Think about it...
      :thumbdown: ||