Do we really need the popup when picking up unfed animals?

• Piddle wrote:

gideonflynn wrote:

Piddle wrote:

I have an easy fix for a lot of the problems in AO. If you all just buy more gold, SBI will be able to afford more talented people to work on the game.

Then they can fix more problems with the game faster.

So go buy gold.
      So what now? Do they hire the developers now?They're getting thousands each month, just from subscriptions... they have the ability to exchange their devs, but they'd never do it. They have personal relationships and shit.
      Thousands each month you say!
      They have hired more people in the last year. For instance, they hired a UI guy to finally start addressing the list of 10s of thousands of issues the game has with its interface. I suspect he gets 1 or 2 done a day, but maybe that takes a week sometime. So in about 20 years he'd be caught up, if new issues didn't get created.

I suggested they start pumping more oxygen into the office and forcing cocaine on their employees, but they are in the EU and apparently there are rules about that sort of thing.
      Oh that's why icons suddenly got aligned by the few pixels needed to center 'em lol.
    • gideonflynn wrote:

Sooo, you fixed it by removing the actually practical warning for picking up an animal, when there's actual progress being lost?

Did someone get butthurt or what? :cry_laughing: You people removed actual UX, seemingly because you messed up an update to it.

Either way the issue isn't completely fixed, now there's no warning when you have fed an animal and are trying to pick it up.

Also, please do a 'pick all available' on farm plots, it's not newbie friendly, it's basic UX.
      Except they didn't remove the warning for picking up an animal with progress on it.

Only the unnecessary one for pick up an animal that hasn't been fed.
      There has been no patches since the last hot-fix to my knowledge.
      You keep bitching about the developers being incompetent, without even delving into the functionality that you are complaining about.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
    • RenKatal wrote:

Except they didn't remove the warning for picking up an animal with progress on it.
      You keep bitching about the developers being incompetent, without even delving into the functionality that you are complaining about.
      Oh that's my bad then. I never tried picking up a fed animal so i just went with the hate since that was easier than actually testing it.

Still, my point stands, they have quite a bit of shit to fix. Not complaining, just pointing out a fact. And thanks for clearing this up.
      Discord: Shred#6182
    • RenKatal wrote:

gideonflynn wrote:

Sooo, you fixed it by removing the actually practical warning for picking up an animal, when there's actual progress being lost?

Did someone get butthurt or what? :cry_laughing: You people removed actual UX, seemingly because you messed up an update to it.

Either way the issue isn't completely fixed, now there's no warning when you have fed an animal and are trying to pick it up.

Also, please do a 'pick all available' on farm plots, it's not newbie friendly, it's basic UX.

I fed an animal and immediately tried to pick it up, which happened without a warning popping up. This might have changed in the meantime, and the warning was removed entirely until implemented correctly. I also don't have any proof of it happening so I might as well not try and convince anyone it happened any further.

To the point about bitching, it makes people admit it in some way... or tell me I'm wrong by being actually competent. Let's just look at e.g. empowering beam after the update :cry_laughing: how does making cleanse a ground target, mess with the empowering beam? I'm 'pretty sure' unity works in classes (it does) and I just can't imagine how you'd structure the code in a way, things in AO seems to bug out. From my point of view there's a lot of spaghetti involved, which might not be caused by incompetence but surely isn't stable for the next five years. I'm here to make people realise & own their mistakes, that's when you grow as a person and I'm just seeing a repeat of past mistakes when I'm looking back. I'm not seeing any reimbursements for any kind of troubles on SBI's side, nah I'm looking at phrases like 'a few cases' and 'we're looking into it' and myself getting told by devs that 'your connection to ISP is the issue' (being told that connection to backbone servers is my ISP). I'm going into every situation with trust, some may say a bit of naivety. I've lost trust based on what I've experienced so far and I haven't gained much trust, and have experienced a lot of networking problems & found a lot of small bugs, glitches and UI/UX problems being de-prioritised in favor of a mobile experience I just can't understand(or get to read) the reason behind. I still like the game though, a lot, that's a big part of it... I'm passionate about seeing it succeed.
    • gideonflynn wrote:

To the point about bitching, it makes people admit it in some way... or tell me I'm wrong by being actually competent. Let's just look at e.g. empowering beam after the update :cry_laughing: how does making cleanse a ground target, mess with the empowering beam? I'm 'pretty sure' unity works in classes (it does) and I just can't imagine how you'd structure the code in a way, things in AO seems to bug out. From my point of view there's a lot of spaghetti involved, which might not be caused by incompetence but surely isn't stable for the next five years. I'm here to make people realise & own their mistakes, that's when you grow as a person and I'm just seeing a repeat of past mistakes when I'm looking back. I'm not seeing any reimbursements for any kind of troubles on SBI's side, nah I'm looking at phrases like 'a few cases' and 'we're looking into it' and myself getting told by devs that 'your connection to ISP is the issue' (being told that connection to backbone servers is my ISP). I'm going into every situation with trust, some may say a bit of naivety. I've lost trust based on what I've experienced so far and I haven't gained much trust, and have experienced a lot of networking problems & found a lot of small bugs, glitches and UI/UX problems being de-prioritised in favor of a mobile experience I just can't understand(or get to read) the reason behind. I still like the game though, a lot, that's a big part of it... I'm passionate about seeing it succeed.
      Honestly i couldn't care less about the code. A lot of these "game as a service" games turn into spaghetti after a while, because people leave, new people come, some of the people who wrote some parts of the code are long gone, and noone wants to touch those parts, so it becomes a mess that noone wants to deal with. But if they are making changes at least one person should perform rigorous tests before they decide to include it in the release build. Literally all it takes is the attention of one person for less then 5 minutes who cycles through the skills and notices the bug. Or one person who checks the new mail UI and tries to press every button before they decide that it is final and give it the green light for the release. It's not that difficult, it just needs 1-2 tests before including it in the final build.

What happened with arcane, is all W skills are probably part of the same class, and they just edited the class to work with an area instead of an actual target, and that messed up everything else that is on the W on arcane staves.

I somewhat understand that they are focusing on the mobile version. I am one of those who would enjoy doing some basic things on my tablet and honestly the direction is great, but it shouldn't get to a point where is detrimental to the development of the main build on PC and MAC. Those will always be the main platforms, and while the mobile version will draw in more players to the Albion world, losing rep over some petty mistakes is not something they should risk at this stage of the game.

Please guys, if you are reading this, we love this game and we are rooting for you. With all my heart i wish the best for you, and i know you have to deal with a lot here, but you really need to consider your reputation before releasing features that have not been properly tested. Tell us if you need help with a specific thing, announce a public beta of some sort, give some incentives to people to test the beta build and maybe these things would be discovered before it's too late and they make their way into the final build. You have all the power here. I'm sure there would be people who would be willing to put in the time and the effort to do the testing for you if you offered some cool skins or hell, even avatar rings. Just think about it.

Discord: Shred#6182

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shrederinoo ().