Add more tutorials/information to the game, or just give players a general directions of what to do after completing the tutorial.

• Add more tutorials/information to the game, or just give players a general directions of what to do after completing the tutorial.

I downloaded this game once like half a year ago, because I saw that this was a sandbox RPG game with building, crafting and gathering. I started with my friends and then immediately quit it after completing the tutorial quest line. First of all, I didn't know that the tutorial quest line is the only quest line in the game, so I got confused of where to go or what to do after completing it. I went to a main city, saw that to build in the game (have an own island) you need premium, so I thought that this is another P2W bullshit and quit.

However, a month ago, I downloaded this game and gave it another try, and this time, I was really committed to learn it. It was pure pain. I didn't know what to do, where to go, I didn't want to believe that the game is only about doing the same thing until tier 8 where the game stops. I thought that there was only gathering, crafting, killing mobs on the map. I was very wrong about that, but I had only 10% knowledge about what Albion really has to offer. I eventually joined a guild and found out that there is so much more to this game than it first seems to be. I had absolutely no knowledge of hellgates, random and instanced dungeons, that every random dungeon also has randomly generated inside, the entire outlands (hideouts and fame boost), that the premium only provides you some boost, and your island stays even if your premium ends, and you can even buy premium from in game currency, avalonian raids, GvGs, ZvZs, ganking,hardcore expeditions, and still to this day I annoy the hell out of my guild mates with my questions. What happens with your loot in the hideout when you leave a guild? What are runes, relics, souls for? How do hellgates work? Will you loose your items if u get killed while being flagged up in a blue zone? How do you even go to the blackzone? etc etc etc. Also, when I bought my island I had no idea how it works. I was like " How can you even build? Do you buy the buildings on the auction, or there is some kind of vendor I don't know of?"

This is a really fantastic game with many different and interesting stuff to do,it is really well made and thought out, but it's really a pain in the ass to discover these contents all by yourself. I know, you can always browse the Wikipedia for information, but Wikipedia only show what you can do in the game, and it also lacks some major information, and is confusing to use. Also a game should have the general information you need without Wikipedia.

I love games what doesn't hold your hands,and put everything in your mouth, but it's so rough to get the knowledge of Albion as a new player.

Many of my friends also quit because this reason, and it's hard to pull them back in. "there is nothing to do in that game man".

So anyways my suggestion is that for new players, there should an alamac button in the upper right corner what can be turned off. The alamac should have graphic content like a survival book (with pictures helping that for example "this green rombus is a random solo dungeon") showing the major stuff and mechanics what are in the game.

I am happy if you do it in other ways, but it should definitely be graphic, because people don't give a shit about long text tooltips, so they might just hover over them.
    • My honest and sincere advice - YouTube. My theory as to why there are not many tutorials is that the developers want to have the community fuel the tutorials. Since it is a player driven game, what better way to give back to the community than to understand that content creators will get a lot of attention, which would increase the streams and content produced around Albion, leading to free marketing and the player being rewarded by fans and potential monetization via YouTube. The questing is reserved for faction flags, if youd call them quests. Here they are missions. Start here. Go here. Drop off items. Retrieve items. Come back. Don't die. Can end up doubling your profits in a little amount of time. But yeah I get what you mean! For me what makes this game great is there is no quest line for linear progression. You just go out there and socialize with people. This leads to new discoveries and guilds, which as you have mentioned, can be a lot of fun and very educational!
    • Oh it was read fiddly Piddly. Just no clue why someone wouldnt advise the man to a place where he can find tutorials available. An almanac that is currently available outside of the game. A plethora of information always evolving in visual/digital format with examples derived from actual gameplay focused around the exact content they are searching for. The man wants an alamanc in game. There isnt one. He obviously still has a ton of questions referring to himself as the question guy. Are you always lurking around trolling the forums Piddly? Because while I may not have hit the OP with a "yeah thats a great idea", at least I responded with value and empathy. All youve done is run your mouth safely behind the keyboard! clap
    • SeekorBefound wrote:

Oh it was read fiddly Piddly. Just no clue why someone wouldnt advise the man to a place where he can find tutorials available. An almanac that is currently available outside of the game. A plethora of information always evolving in visual/digital format with examples derived from actual gameplay focused around the exact content they are searching for. The man wants an alamanc in game. There isnt one. He obviously still has a ton of questions referring to himself as the question guy. Are you always lurking around trolling the forums Piddly? Because while I may not have hit the OP with a "yeah thats a great idea", at least I responded with value and empathy. All youve done is run your mouth safely behind the keyboard! clap
      Here is the thing, and I'll go back to my initial post. He actually tells you that he is already past the point where his suggestion would help him. He explains in detail how he had difficulties, and all the extra effort it took him to overcome those. Then he makes a case for how the game would be much better if players in situations similar to his own, would have easier and more readily available information.

Then you told him to go watch videos on youtube to learn the game. How youtube monetization is super important for reasons. And how there isn't really questing in the game.

Now you are telling me that he is asking for an almanac in the game, in the Feedback & Suggestions forum, and insinuating that the reason he shouldn't have made his post is because there isn't an almanac in the game already. Which continues to support my hypothesis. Do you understand the purpose of the Feedback and Suggestions?
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper