Battle axe "E" skill. Carving is not broken.? Other weapon are..=)

• Battle axe "E" skill. Carving is not broken.? Other weapon are..=)

Hi gys. Sry 4 my eng first. But after i read some threads about Carving sword i got an idea. About mostly garbage axe. Battle axe. I thout about E skill. It can be "dash" skill like carving sword. Without life leech.
      Variants:
      1 clean dash do only dmg.
      2 dash do some dmg + rending.
      3 dash do some dmg + buff resistance.
      4 dash do some dmg +....
      How do u think. Maby this simple change make battle axe playable.? It will have middle dmg. Many varinats to use with off hands. And mobility. And its wil not be overpowered i think. If dev's will calculate dmg+effects right.
    • Bear paws are crap - only useful for zvz with huge debuff to make use of true damage ( which also doesnt scale with IP of weapon), and possibly some 2 v 2. Huge cooldown, lot of energy, interruptible, not very op damage. A joke.

Infernal scythe - lacks mobility, but very nice damage. If people clamp, you can deal really nice damage. Like this funny one hit i got like two days ago youtube.com/watch?v=KVjcfI3euV0

CarrionCalller - a bit oof weapon, small hit box, but is getting a bit buffed with upcoming patches. Might be more viable in 5 v 5 hellgates - other than that,not very useful.

Battleaxe - a joke. Maybe useful for solo stuff, but why bother when there is the new dagger that performs 5x time better.

And the king : Greataxe - excelent weapon. Newbie friendly for solo clearing dungeons. High mobility. Very high damage in group dungeons with proper build. In pro´s hand, extremely strong for solo and group ganking due to it´s high burst and high mobility. Punishes other people for making mistakes more than any other weapon. If you are knowledgeable about the game, you can have a blast with this weapon in pvp.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Bear paws are crap - only useful for zvz with huge debuff to make use of true damage ( which also doesnt scale with IP of weapon), and possibly some 2 v 2. Huge cooldown, lot of energy, interruptible, not very op damage. A joke.

Infernal scythe - lacks mobility, but very nice damage. If people clamp, you can deal really nice damage. Like this funny one hit i got like two days ago youtube.com/watch?v=KVjcfI3euV0

CarrionCalller - a bit oof weapon, small hit box, but is getting a bit buffed with upcoming patches. Might be more viable in 5 v 5 hellgates - other than that,not very useful.

Battleaxe - a joke. Maybe useful for solo stuff, but why bother when there is the new dagger that performs 5x time better.

And the king : Greataxe - excelent weapon. Newbie friendly for solo clearing dungeons. High mobility. Very high damage in group dungeons with proper build. In pro´s hand, extremely strong for solo and group ganking due to it´s high burst and high mobility. Punishes other people for making mistakes more than any other weapon. If you are knowledgeable about the game, you can have a blast with this weapon in pvp.
      Greataxe Can you suggest proper build for solo dung clearing (with cheap and expensive option) and another build for adequately for pvp with little secrifice from dungeon clear speed. I have 30m silver dying alot no problem
    • Greataxe not bad. Thats true. But... but normal people just interrupt or run from it or go invisible. Its easy. Much harder counter fast sword and spears attack. I think problem of all axe line - is very hard to bring potential dmg to the enemy. Coz they have delays, drawing, interruptable. Swords and spears are more universal. And yes. Batleaxe are total crap.=( I played 1 year and almost didnt see it. Maby 1 time. Or 2. I think that mean somth wrong with this weapon=)

The post was edited 1 time, last by KaZaP: want to add smth ().

• I am main axe and leveled almost all axes lines using battleaxe. But i agree that it's not so much strong. I think giving some mobility will help, but removing the life leech it's not the way. The life leech it's the most amazing part of this weapon.
      BUT, instead of giving mobility, what about reducing energy costs? If battleaxes do not use so much energy, allowing us to change scholar cowl for some really good helmet (like hunter or guardian) will give so much potential to the weapon...
    • Battle Axe - garbage, instant guild kicked if brought into a fight

Great Axe - only performs well in PvP if your gear is better, otherwise a skill that applies damage very slowly. legit garbage if you don't pair it with a stalkers jacket. Choose glass cannon or below average damage with survivability.

Halberd - best of the axes but every other melee line has something that performs better than halberd

Scythe - halberd performs better

Carioncaller - guild kicked

Bear Paws - fashionscape item

Do not spec axe. As a 375/400 axe, i wish i could randomize into literally any other skill tree :)
    • FrustratedAxe wrote:

Battle Axe - garbage, instant guild kicked if brought into a fight

Great Axe - only performs well in PvP if your gear is better, otherwise a skill that applies damage very slowly. legit garbage if you don't pair it with a stalkers jacket. Choose glass cannon or below average damage with survivability.

Halberd - best of the axes but every other melee line has something that performs better than halberd

Scythe - halberd performs better

Carioncaller - guild kicked

Bear Paws - fashionscape item

Do not spec axe. As a 375/400 axe, i wish i could randomize into literally any other skill tree :)
      Battle axe - garbage, yes.

CarrionCaller - rather interesting with new patch, way more viable in 5 v 5 hellgates now, possibly even for crystal.

Halberd - ZvZ weapon, decent, cheap.

Scythe - Double damage of halberd i think - very good for diving group dungeons, good for small scale pvp, very good in ZVZ ( requires more skill )

Bear paws - Crap. Possibly useful in big zvz with big debuffs, but that´s it.

Greataxe - The God of all axes. Excelent for solo ganking, absolutely brutal for group ganking, great for solo dungeons, really good for small scale pvp. Greataxe is a weapon with countless of possibilities - requires lot of skill, as people can´t seem to play it properly.

Scythe in zvz can be funny, and with proper build it is like little gallatines - here a fun build :D youtube.com/watch?v=1Uv5AiOTVmw

And here greataxe in small scale zvz - this zvz was a bit of a joke, so it can be treated as small scale pvp - and it´s doing a darn good job : ) youtube.com/watch?v=U2hYVnTJ0kI

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• im 400/400 axes and i think halberd excels at everything better than great axe can (pve and pvp)

if you think great axe is better then you obviously have little-medium experience with axe line. great axe is actually sub-par as the E doesn't synergize with blood stacks. and if you calculate damage per second while you're spinning, its actually much lower than a halberd E and auto attacking with Q. do the math and you'll see.

battle axe - unplayable
      great axe - C tier, halberd can do everything better. DPS while spinning inferior to halberd, can be easily canceled with a stun/push/knockup, doesn't synergize with bleed stacks
      carrion caller - B tier, very situational, not recommended for most activities
      halberd - A tier
      Scythe - C tier, incredibly easy to dodge, channeled attack, higher CD than halberd E. not great.
      bear paws - e is bugged, good mobility. might use if i was gathering and needed to scape. halberd much better

The post was edited 1 time, last by FrustratedAxe ().