Cityplots 3rd party programm to see the Bids beeing placed

    • Cityplots 3rd party programm to see the Bids beeing placed

      On my last Action i overbed on each of the plots i wanted. (In different city's)

      Usual amount people bet on the plots i bet on was between 50-60 Million silver on average. I bet 65mil to 80 million (i just wanted the plots, to craft so i didnt care to pay extra 15 to 25 Million) and on exactly all the plots i bet on i got overbed by 5-10 Million each.

      I lost every auction! (I bet 650 Million in total)

      Funny enough all the plots next to the ones i bid were taken by predatz or hagging for the normal amount. Weird.... really a strange thing. I put in some time into that issue and a friend told me it actually not that hard to get the actual bids of players . Not sure how he meant it but would love the devs to take a look into it. Something just doesnt feel rightl... not sure no blaming mabey i was just super unlucky and they actualy lucked whit there random bids, but hard to believe that.

      Again would love the devs to take a look into this matter.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Itsmagic001 ().

    • This is purely speculation, and meritless conjecture, but I would be 0% surprised if the packets going to the client carrying information about the plot/auction contain all sorts of extra information that isn't visible in the games UI.
      Discord: Piddle#7413

      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • I think there is alot of luck for cartel, that like 3 characters alvays win 95% of city plots.
      Its just a luck for sure.(no).

      Other question is, why players who cant really see the statistics and data noticed that it is kinda "wierd".
      But devs, who got everything to check it - didn't?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      I think there is alot of luck for cartel, that like 3 characters alvays win 95% of city plots.
      Its just a luck for sure.(no).

      Other question is, why players who cant really see the statistics and data noticed that it is kinda "wierd".
      But devs, who got everything to check it - didn't?
      It isn't really weird that the same people win. Overpaying for a plot somewhat may be a minor mistake, but losing a plot has a pretty large range of terrible outcomes for them. So their bidding process is to just offer to pay more than anyone else would reasonably pay, and hope that no unreasonable people come along.

      Their bidding is to just bid more silver than anyone else. So they win more often than anyone else.

      That may be weird to you, but it isn't actually weird. It certainly isn't evidence of wrong doing. And it is only evidence that the auction isn't working, if you think that the person who offers to pay the most silver ISN'T the one who should win. Which is a weird thing to think given the context.
      Discord: Piddle#7413

      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      I think there is alot of luck for cartel, that like 3 characters alvays win 95% of city plots.
      Its just a luck for sure.(no).

      Other question is, why players who cant really see the statistics and data noticed that it is kinda "wierd".
      But devs, who got everything to check it - didn't?
      It isn't really weird that the same people win. Overpaying for a plot somewhat may be a minor mistake, but losing a plot has a pretty large range of terrible outcomes for them. So their bidding process is to just offer to pay more than anyone else would reasonably pay, and hope that no unreasonable people come along.
      Their bidding is to just bid more silver than anyone else. So they win more often than anyone else.

      That may be weird to you, but it isn't actually weird. It certainly isn't evidence of wrong doing. And it is only evidence that the auction isn't working, if you think that the person who offers to pay the most silver ISN'T the one who should win. Which is a weird thing to think given the context.
      You know, if there is no evidence of speed hack, radar, fishing bot in my hands, not mean they are not existing.

      But if everyone will have evidence of this, mean it is to late to work with this problem.

      That why easy check from SBI side, may help to investigate a big problem before it will deal damage to the game. And i just think its will be good move.
      If everything fine, and you just lucky to bid 50mil on 2 plots from 20 in this part of town, exactly when someone bid 45mil on this plots, but win other 18 plots for 30 mil. Ok then, you clean, go buy a lottery ticket.

      But its pretty looks like this case, should be checked. To make sure its just a luck and everything is fine. Why you against of checking if you have nothing to hide?
    • I can tell you by experience, that generally speaking if a plot shows it was defended for 50 million. That they skimped on it the month before, and managed to keep hold of it. I always check my previous bid and add to it if I was "lucky" enough to defend it the month before for such a low price.

      This might exist but I doubt it, I seen Pred lose one of his plots for 6 million, also seen him lose plots. There's no need to "act" if people don't know about what your speculating, so he wouldn't lose any plots in that case.

      Because of Corona this last month/two, the city populations have increased by a drastic amount. So while your bids were higher, most owners defended higher accounting for increased interest in the plots over this time.
    • If you want to prove/disprove this theory check the defense bids on the plots, and there should be a deviation on the defense bids. If you knew someone bid for 45 million on your plot. You would not defend the same amount across most of your shops, So it sounds about right if you bid around the same amount on each shop that the defense bids would be 5-10 million higher.

      Some shops dont even get bidded on while others 120kk, while if you look at the evidence i imagine the majority of the shops have a average defense bid, if you find that he defended a plot for 7 million now thats fishy. This is the owners bottom line for the plots in that area, majority of my shops started at 70 mill defense, some of the higher earners up to 100mill. Generally speaking if you bid on a area the defense for those shops would be similar, as the income would be similar.

      Next time spread out your bids, generally speaking its the inner shops and the far outer shops which sell for the highest at the moment, but with the current fee situations that will change.
    • No, such a tool is not possible. When you bid on a plot that is between you and the server. No other client can see that communication.
      Also, the server will never send information about other players bids to a player. The highest bid is only revealed after bidding is over.

      As some of you have pointed out, any information sent to a client by the game server can be extracted from client computers memory with the help of 3rd party tools. Therefore it is an important online game design principle to only send information that the client really needs and is really going to show on screen. We pay a lot of attention not to make any mistakes there.

      Radars are also not really possible in Albion. The client can see a little further than your screen; that is necessary so stuff does not suddenly ‘plop’ into the screen. But we are talking about a very small distance.

      Speed hacking is tricky; it’s basically possible in all MMOs to some extend since you have to make a technical compromise between the game being 100% cheat proof and players still having a decent game experience with a slow / bad network connection. We have ways to detect and ban speed hackers, though.
    • MadDave wrote:

      No, such a tool is not possible. When you bid on a plot that is between you and the server. No other client can see that communication.
      Also, the server will never send information about other players bids to a player. The highest bid is only revealed after bidding is over.

      As some of you have pointed out, any information sent to a client by the game server can be extracted from client computers memory with the help of 3rd party tools. Therefore it is an important online game design principle to only send information that the client really needs and is really going to show on screen. We pay a lot of attention not to make any mistakes there.

      Radars are also not really possible in Albion. The client can see a little further than your screen; that is necessary so stuff does not suddenly ‘plop’ into the screen. But we are talking about a very small distance.

      Speed hacking is tricky; it’s basically possible in all MMOs to some extend since you have to make a technical compromise between the game being 100% cheat proof and players still having a decent game experience with a slow / bad network connection. We have ways to detect and ban speed hackers, though.
      Thank you for check this possibility! And for the reply.