how much more fame for pvp zones? risk vs reward and other questions

• how much more fame for pvp zones? risk vs reward and other questions

Hey guys,

Few questions...

I've been doing a few arena matches for various reasons and wanted to check, does arena contribute to any fame gains?

I've been farming fame in yellow zone blue dungeons at the moment and it feels slow. I just feel like I'm also speccing into a subpar weapon with the axes(primarily using great axe and halberd) for end game goals. I'm wondering if I should just make the switch to a better weapon set more designed for either more burst dmg, more control, or heals in a small skirmish environment since I run with 3 other guys(I also spec into holy and divine for pve heals). We're still trying to figure out good synergy and I've recently watched the April Meta video by lewpac. the question for those who are aware of the meta picks for arena, is that pretty close to what an ideal 5 man team would consist of in the open world scene? Front line initiators with control CC(maybe a bruiser type or bursty melee dps), healer or heals and a ranged DPS for single target or aoe? I'm considering aoe root and nuke tactics but it seems like to consider that it would be a lot of time and fame invested to see how it works. Can only run the static blue dungeons in t4 zones so many times before it gets boring.

In working with the axes, I'm learning that the bleeds can be easily countered in a large scale pvp, someone will have the guardian helm and with great axe, I get booped a lot so I now wear the knight helm I believe it is and pop that before WW, the whirlwind. I guess if I'm initiating as front line pressure and they're wasting CCs on me that's a good thing for my backline? It kinda sucks that there is no peel off the opponents when they're on the backline or healer harassing. Just not enough pressure. (Maybe this changes if I'm 400IP in the weapon?)

So next question...the main one. What is the fame like for fame farming in the red or black zones. Like is it a fixed percentage increase opposed to the safe zones? Is player killing good fame as well and does it all go to upping your specializations? Let's say I have zero kills, zero experience in pvp and I enter a red zone and someone kills me, what kind of exp are they looking to get and would it even be worth it if I have no loot on?

I went through some of the links for the beginner pvp stuff and watched a couple videos that said farming for mats like enchanted stuff was increased and I know you get more fame per kill but I didn't come across anything that said by how much.

Also more questions when working with the item specializations. If I'm focusing on getting the most bang for my buck IP-wise and lets say this is in swords and heavy armors, if I'm currently lvl 20 in broadsword and the next lvl up would cost 20 learning points or 20mil fame, would it be a better idea to bring up the other sword specs to at least 20 as well to get more .2 IP at lesser exp gains? Or do most ppl just focus on their main weapon getting it to 100 and then switching to other weapons in that branch? Maybe I'm overlooking something so I'm asking here.

I see a lot of people recommend going into the red or black zones straight away. I'm guessing without a lot of IP trading hit for hit against someone else, they're going to win the race in how much dmg they can do vs me, right in a straight up toe to toe match?

Also are the mobs that give more exp in pvp areas any more harder than elites in static blue dungeons in yellow zones, the static dungeons have T6 mobs right as the elites?

My focus is to get my weapon specs up asap and if it means I can do consistent safe runs faster than interruptions from possible ganks then so be it but if the fame gains outweigh the potential ganks then let me know and I'm where the exp is.

One last thing red vs black zones. Why are people now suggesting to go to black zones over reds? is it because black zones are primary a G v G thing and they don't have as many ppl trafficking those zones opposed to the red, which is more of a free for all? Wouldn't black zones have more blobs in them for different gvg things going on?

wow, had a lot of questions. Thanks for reading and feel free to answer any one particular question.
    • Black zones are more safe than red zones ( unless at portal zone, or 1 zone away from portal zone) because noobs are scared of BZ, so they flock into red zone, which in turn makes red zone overpopulated and a content for gankers.

Why should anyone bother searching for pvp in BZ where there is nobody, while if you go into red zone, there is literally 30x more people.

Dont use learning points for combat, thats the worst thing you can do. Only use it for advancing tiers.

Screw yellow zones. Grab 4.1 and hit that BZ. Learn how not to die to obvious gankers. In arena, difference in IP is rather neglible, so you can try what weapon fits your playstyle.
    • Consider this.

1. IP is not that important, abilities matter much more.
      2. Arena is garbage way to learn PvP and open world pvp is nowhere near it. But arena is a good way to create starting capital, just make a bunch of characters for daily rewards.
      3. One hour in BZ will earn you dozen of 4 sets, even solo. You will die, but so does everyone and it is worth it, especially if your build is worth less than t8 poison lmao.
      4. PvP is best way to earn silver
      5. If you are afraid of BZ for some weird reason, then take 4.0 sets with extra 50 ip from quality and gank and dive with faction on. Use scout in town to spot faction farmers. Important, you can look for people already farming and simply try to take their dungeon or map, they will often flag on you and will be much more likely eager to fight.
      Especially if you are bunch 4.0-4.1 newbies.
      6. Btw don't wait to "level up to start pvp", people who think so, will never actually start doing PvP, at most will become minions in zvz.

And crafting is actually good way to earn some silver too, just don't confuse it with gathering.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vesen ().

• I must have bad luck or timing. Every time I venture into the bz I see the same thing. Packs of people on their horses just spinning around in place bored out of their minds just waiting to see someone foolish enough to venture out.

I try to get 3 zones away from portal but every single time I end up getting chased and running for my life.

Edit: I like reading good advice. The problem is half of it I have no idea what is being said. I don't know the 'lingo' yet.
    • yeah you have a lot of questions, I will just start with the first paragraph

In general it is good to have a variety of weapons that you can use and you should be able to use all armor kinds, just because different environments and situation will require you to adapt.

But you should also focus on something specific that you get really high so you have something to be competitive with

In that regard you are doing well i think

Axes are not a bad thing to spec into, it always depends on the type of content you are going to do though. Small scale PvP Halberd and Greataxe are great but when it comes to large scale PvP like ZvZ you might want to start with something ranged to get a feeling for it first, it'd going to be extremely hard to be useful in large scale ZvZ as a melee player with little spec and little funds and little knowledge. (As a healer though you will be a great addition, love fallen staff for ZvZ)

(Also I think you confused GvG with ZvZ. GvG means guild versus guild, however it refers to the 5v5 closed matches to upgrade territories similar to Arena matches. ZvZ means Zerg vs Zerg, a Zerg is a group of players with 11or more players in it, which is referring to large scale open world fights)

To answer the "ideal" open world setup question:
      In general no matter what kind of content you have, in a group of players it is never bad to have a reasonable party composition, which means have someone with CC that can eat some damage, someone with heals and lots of damage dealers.

However arena is not a good comparison to open world PvP since you have a different goal in mind. Your party setup and your own build always have to work towards what you are trying to accomplish, keep that in mind.

In arena you are trying to accomplish capturing the points and there is different ways to do so, people will fight with knockbacks and so on, also you usually have a head on fight and limited space.

In open world people will go for straight up killing you. If a ganking group is going for you they will have a lot of speed, stun, burst and over time damage, poisons, armor breaks and so on, they will try to cut off your exits and seperate you from your party. They will be less likely to have a healer and many defenses since they usually go for easy and fast kills and not even numbered fights.
      To counter that you can either go for full retreat setups or for fights.
      Full retreat will most likely mean that one of your party members will get caught out and the rest survives.
      Full fight will mean you need to bring decent gear in order to have a chance. Tank, healer, dps. Bring defensives as well as offensives.

For the fame in PvP there is some rules to it:
      The higher your IP difference is the better/worse the fame

That means if someone in 1000 IP kills someone with 1000 IP fame is mediocre, if he kills someone with only 900IP fame will be next to nothing, if however someone with 900IP kills someone with 1000 fame will be really good, and it will scale with the difference in IP

PvE faming is a difficult topic. So out of experience from famefarming over a year almost daily a couple hours I can say that much:
      -Don't bother with yellow or blue
      -the fame per mob is way better in BZ than in red-zone
      - HOWEVER the fame/second is not nacessarily. Out of experience i can say that the clear speed can even out the fame difference. With a good party in t5 redzone you can make pretty much the same as in t7 black zone, you will need the right setup though for speed clearing

On top of that in red zones you will have the possibility to flag as a faction which will give you lots of passive income. The faction points you gain can be exchanged for faction hearts and crests and selling those will make up for what you lose in case you die. You do have a higher chance of pvp though
      In a t5 red zone dungeon you don't need anything higher than 5.1 to get through quick and easy, but for reference the tanks IP should be decent, lets say 1100 at least to be able to pull fast and a lot.

In BZ higher tier dungeons you will need higher tier gear as well. It's also not true that it's that quiet further out. You have to be careful on where you go and which guilds are settled in that zone, as well as be aware of the Zones battle timer. Look at the minimap, the time in the top indicates the battle timer which means that is a bad time to be trolling around there, usually guilds will be in zones equivalent to their own active prime time. There are a lot of ganking and dungeon diving parties. True the amount is less than in red zone, but they will make up for it with better gear and more experience usually, so don't think you are safe just because you are deep in the BZ, there is hideouts now after all.

(Will continue later this was enogh writing for now)
      [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582462844394668052/687296660522401857/dragon_2.png[/img]
    • Thanks for responses guys And appreciate the lengthy response back Nesnes.

I poked around in bz with a couple friends and we did alright. no skirmishes but successful at what we went out to do. We went in with a couple objectives and completed them all. made out with loot and got some fame. today we are heading to the red to see how we fair in group play, checking for blobs, seeing how we do in inspecting ppl, noticing what they have on and what it means. I may need to look for a list of items that shows visuals of the items, the name and a quick list of the important skills on each one. I don't have all that info memorized yet. We do have discord where we share info like the auras to watch out for and what to do when we see them so we're equipping purges, planning when to boop, alternate cc, etc.

Thinking of hitting red zones today and look for some trouble. See you guys out there.
    • If you are in full loot pvp zones and doing the dungeons, I will be the first to say that the reward far outweighs the risk if you get lucky and dont get ganked. I am 100 spec in greataxe and the clear speed potential with that weapon is insane. I would recommend going out to black zones and doing solos or 5-mans with you guild because both the fame and rewards is waaaaaaaay better.

Quick note of advice I would only bring like flat 4-6 gear thats very cheap and gives you survivability. The main reason I've seen people quit the game is because they take 100k+ gear sets out to the black zone every time and lose it a bunch. For example my entire gear setup is like 30-40k maybe taking the weapon and horse into account.
    • I took the advice frequently given here. Gear up in cheap 4.1 gear. Which I did, except for 5.1 bow. Figured I would make a couple of trial runs in yz dungeon first. 2 bosses I couldn't kill and had a couple of roadblocks with more mobs clumped together than I could kill. Easy if I had the gear I leveled up.

So I'm weaker than normal. Minimal aoe because I need to be able to fight back if jumped in a dungeon. So I'm missing the 'massive' loot and fame, yet still vulnerable to being jumped. Math not adding up for me.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Black zones are more safe than red zones ( unless at portal zone, or 1 zone away from portal zone) because noobs are scared of BZ, so they flock into red zone, which in turn makes red zone overpopulated and a content for gankers.
      Not sure I agree. In my experience, the contact rate in blackzone dgs is just about the same as in red zones, from a dg grinder perspective. From a diver perspective, that might be different, but that probably has something to do with for every 1 dude just trying to progress his shit, there's 10 hyenas out their chomping at the bit. Plus, there's a lot of divers from territories and or hideouts trying to protect their turf. Even in super remote ass locations (talking like 5-6 zones away).

The benefit to a redzone is you can see the hostile count, so you can prepare somewhat to either fight or flight. In the blackzone you're almost guaranteed to get caught with your pants down. Plus, the fact that there's more noobs in the redzone actually helps out by both giving divers more potential targets not named you to keep them busy while you're grinding, and often times wouldbe grinders flushed from their dgs eventually meet up and can band together to fight because you're not flagged and they are, whereas everyone in the blackzone is flagged and it's anyone guess as to who is an ally and who is a foe.
    • Nesnes, I know what you mean about having a false sense of security deeper in the bz. We ran it the other day a few of us and got ganked hard. Well we got baited and I knew it but the 2 buddies of mine wanted to engage so we did and out of nowhere ppl just ran and showed up. We had no crap gear and we went back to discuss things afterwards that we could have done better as a unit etc. We knew the baiter had a quarterstaff so he was the tank rdy to stun us.

I'm going to check albion2d to see what the history shows on my deaths and see what the ppl wore. I did check one of the guys in the redzone when we were there and it was pretty much t4 stuff, not like the bz dudes in t6 and higher.

I'm interested to know more about this faction flagging. I have no issues with losing t4 gear. I've alrdy started to buy 4 sets at once and go back out there to pvp. I'm hitting like a wet noodle though for right now. but going back to this faction flagging and faction fighting, I want to partake in larger scale pvp but my guildies aren't rdy for it yet. can that happen in faction fights? are there raids on the main cities where we can defend our city? still lots to learn on the pvp stuff.

I don't fully get flagging in the red zones except its like a beacon for the nonflagged to come to us, which we did flag and they came. can nonflagged go hostile on anyone else at any time in the red zone and what's the point to flagging then if ppl can get flagged on attack anyways?

Spectreal, that's reassuring on the axes. I'm going to stick to it for pve and also do something on the side for pve, not sure yet. might try some no skill shot type ranged for some cc I think. haven't looked at all the items to know what does what yet farther in their lines like arcane vs warlock. I see a lot of frost and fire ranged.

sandstorm, you said yellowzone right? I will admit that I've seen it get tougher in blue dungeons solo where it calls for a team but the greens should still be doable with the right gear. When I started playing I went straight to soloing the dungeons to learn some mechanics and pretty much just dodge the circles on the grounds and not eat whirlwinds. swapped out a few items to allow some running out of stuff or to sit in it and eat it with a timed block. Swapped items like chest to give the fury buff to add dmg on attacks and played around with killing a single to a few mobs and resetting the rest if I have to. no dying to lose $$ on durability. always reset if it gets sketchy.

I joined a starter guild because my buds thought it was the thing to do in the moment and we farm blue static dungeons all the time to increase skills. Its hella boring though but the loot sometimes can be good. I got a t7.1 clarent blade in the dungeon the other night and I have about 30-40 t4+ exp tomes running with the guildies. It's not bad to join a starter guild if you are having issues solo.

I have like 30-40 exp tomes, not sure if I want to dump them into my axe or save them for my single target dps weapon of choice. It looks like dual swords is more forgiving than spear pokes.

Thank you guys for the feedback and responses. very helpful as I get familiar with the open world pvp. I'm itching for some constructed or large scale pvp.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

Tried it again.

9 attempts
      9 ganks
      net loss of coin
      no bosses killed because only T4

Gained fame

So pretty much what people say. You're paying silver to accelerate fame.

Neat
      Skip first level of dungeon, don't activate any shrines or kill mobs and in 95% tries you won't get ganked.
      Plot twist: solo dungeons are for ganking and baiting ganks.

Warbow can farm from t6 if you have Ray of Light. Try regular bow it is much better for SRD and use cabbage soup.
      Extra: if you can afford it, buy hellion hood(or hunter hood if you can't afford), mage robe, guardian boots, couple of healing potions, beef stew and, again, if you can afford, 10 siphoned energy.
      Use cabbage soup during dungeon farming with beef stew in active food slot to switch buff quickly. 10 siphoned energy are to increase your gear ip by 100, which is about one tier, healing potions are really good and regenerate % of max health, so if combined with doubled health from guardian boots, it more than doubles effective hp gain.
      Mage robe to purge buffs of gankers as they hit you and it provides high damage bonus, good for pve as you clear quickly.
      Hellion hood allows you to attack while being invisible and silencing everyone including yourself. Activate buffs, stack -armor q skill on target and use hellion.

PvP is easy and doesn't require much skill or high level items, try this build on arena few times to get to feel it and then in solo dungeon you will look to get ganked. Because PvP is how you get rich, not to mention the fun.
    • JaegarRedBeard wrote:

I don't fully get flagging in the red zones except its like a beacon for the nonflagged to come to us, which we did flag and they came.

Spectreal, that's reassuring on the axes.

I have like 30-40 exp tomes, not sure if I want to dump them into my axe or save them for my single target dps weapon of choice. It looks like dual swords is more forgiving than spear pokes.
      If you have a group, a healer is a must. You have to fight healers and without one for yourself there is zero chances to win.
      Holy healers with AoE are top tier btw.

Flagging is exactly for that, being outnumbered or solo in RZ is harder than roaming in BZ for this reason.

From axes line the greataxe is the only one decent, it is garbage for PvP though.

Better use them to level all weapons to t4 and then try them on arena, couple of tomes for each weapon tree is a good deal. Especially since you get some tomes back if you win arena.

For faction stuff, it is normal to flag in faction and simply go to other active city and poke people near the gate for response.
      Mass content aka zvz is not great at all. There are rules to follow, you HAVE to show up for ZvZ, if you die, you do not always can have competition, fights are for objectives and not for fun, more people in group — the less individuals matter and so on.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vesen ().

• Vesen wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Tried it again.

9 attempts
      9 ganks
      net loss of coin

Gained fame

Neat
      Skip first level of dungeon, don't activate any shrines or kill mobs and in 95% tries you won't get ganked.Plot twist: solo dungeons are for ganking and baiting ganks.

Warbow can farm from t6 if you have Ray of Light. Try regular bow it is much better for SRD and use cabbage soup.
      Extra: if you can afford it, buy hellion hood(or hunter hood if you can't afford), mage robe, guardian boots, couple of healing potions, beef stew and, again, if you can afford, 10 siphoned energy.
      Use cabbage soup during dungeon farming with beef stew in active food slot to switch buff quickly. 10 siphoned energy are to increase your gear ip by 100, which is about one tier, healing potions are really good and regenerate % of max health, so if combined with doubled health from guardian boots, it more than doubles effective hp gain.
      Mage robe to purge buffs of gankers as they hit you and it provides high damage bonus, good for pve as you clear quickly.
      Hellion hood allows you to attack while being invisible and silencing everyone including yourself. Activate buffs, stack -armor q skill on target and use hellion.

PvP is easy and doesn't require much skill or high level items, try this build on arena few times to get to feel it and then in solo dungeon you will look to get ganked. Because PvP is how you get rich, not to mention the fun.
      Thanks for the tips. I don't know what siphoned energy is.

Also, I know there are better ways to do bz. The reason I did it this way was for a couple of reasons. I continually read here and in game chat that new players should head to bz. Wear cheap gear. The loot and fame are glorious. That the odds of getting ganked are low, and even if you do get ganked, you will be flowing in silver.

I always doubted that. Finally, said !%^ it, made 10 sets of gear and headed out. My doubts were accurate.

Edit: You can still auto attack with Hellion. You just can't use abilities?

The post was edited 1 time, last by sandstorm22 ().

• sandstorm22 wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I don't know what siphoned energy is.

Also, I know there are better ways to do bz. The reason I did it this way was for a couple of reasons. I continually read here and in game chat that new players should head to bz. Wear cheap gear. The loot and fame are glorious. That the odds of getting ganked are low, and even if you do get ganked, you will be flowing in silver.

I always doubted that. Finally, said !%^ it, made 10 sets of gear and headed out. My doubts were accurate.
      Siphoned Energy can be used to 'Overcharge' your gear, adding 100ip to each item, therefore making them stronger, for 30mins. See the button to the right of your spells and abilities for more details. Costs around 3.5k per energy and you need 10 for the overcharge.You can buy Siphoned Energy from the market. Be warned though, it also gives your gear a 30% chance of trashing when the 30 mins is up. You an also choose to exclude items from the overcharge in the game settings.

I think anyone urging a new, low spec solo player into BZ is looking for an easy gank.

Have you considered using T5 maps for YZ dungeons? Zero risk, almost guaranteed empty dungeon, and you get an added 15% fame from mobs. It's an ok way of grinding, while you learn how to defeat the different mobs. Once you've ground your way through that for a while, pushing your specs and getting through dungeons quicker, you can move on to RZ dungeons (using maps). That should help with PvP, as you'll get dived every few runs, but you can see if a hostile enters via the counter and be ready to fight back, or A out. All of this should help you get better suited to solo play in BZ.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

1. Maybe i misunderstood you now, but it is fairly easy to get premium after 3-4 of days in BZ.

2. Yep, that's the use of item. It creates zone with radius a bit smaller than attack range at the casters location, silences everyone and making caster invisible. Great to bait on mobs with it btw.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vesen ().

• So I followed the suggestions here and went to BZ with T4.1 gear.
      Did some T5 solo dungeons and managed to kill the diver with T6 warbow 1v1.
      Went back to the city to secure the loot and went back to BZ again.
      I brought siphoned energy that time to prepare for pvp but since it's my first time to use it, i didn't know you need 10 to overcharge (wiki said only need 1).
      Then I got dove by spear and tank wearing T4 and die. I couldn't handle two stuns.
      PVE wise I still struggle to fight legendary bosses with T4.1 gear.
      In the end I still gained profit both silver and fame.
    • Vesen wrote:

From axes line the greataxe is the only one decent, it is garbage for PvP though.

Better use them to level all weapons to t4 and then try them on arena, couple of tomes for each weapon tree is a good deal. Especially since you get some tomes back if you win arena.

For faction stuff, it is normal to flag in faction and simply go to other active city and poke people near the gate for response.
      Mass content aka zvz is not great at all. There are rules to follow, you HAVE to show up for ZvZ, if you die, you do not always can have competition, fights are for objectives and not for fun, more people in group — the less individuals matter and so o

Do axes ever get good at 400 spec dmg-wise in t4 gear?

I've opened all weapons and gear at least to t4. I do need to try them in arena more. Only been trying different great axe builds with different armor types. For arena, I am now seeing guys equipping counter-items so this is where I am at in learning who has what on and what does what. Slowly getting to know the item pieces and what skills they have. Guess the more I play the more this becomes common knowledge.

I will hoard my exp tomes until I find out what type of pvper I want to play as. I've done some back peddling pewpew in other games but that really isn't my style. I like bruiser style with some sustain. If I had pocket heals, that would be ideal. Playing assassin and rogue type chars have always been one of my first go-tos but it hasn't been in this game yet.

I should really check again but I'll try to ask again about the exp gains per spec level. So for each weapon type there are like 4 trees , 1 for each weapon of that specific type on the outter skill map - the spec tree, right? Each time we level this up, we get .2 for dmg into that type of weapon. So we could essentially level all 4 trees to get the additional .2 dmg for our weapon. My question regarding this is does the exp that you need to level scale as the higher you go in the level up to 100? like does starting off might require 10k exp from lvl 1 to lvl 2, but at lvl 50 to get to 51, it might require 100k exp? So if it works this way, instead of spending 100k exp from 50to 51 for the .2 IP boost, wouldn't it be better to scatter that exp amongst the other branches to get multiple .2 increases for your weapon type? Now if the exp is the same, then I would reckon you lvl up your weapon first for the other .2 dmg in your line of weapon. I really should check and come back here with the answer.

For factions, if I'm fighting another faction I'm assuming it will cause me to become KOS to the guards and people inside the town? Can I mess up my faction or standing with the cities prematurely. Like is there something I should be aware of before destroying faction standing with another faction?

Vesen wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

1. Maybe i misunderstood you now, but it is fairly easy to get premium after 3-4 of days in BZ.

Does this primarily come from the silver bags and silver drops or is it from items you need to safely take back to bank to sell?
    • JaegarRedBeard wrote:

1. Do axes ever get good at 400 spec dmg-wise in t4 gear?

2. I've opened all weapons and gear at least to t4. I do need to try them in arena more.

3. Slowly getting to know the item pieces and what skills they have. Guess the more I play the more this becomes common knowledge.

4. I like bruiser style with some sustain. If I had pocket heals, that would be ideal.

5. Playing assassin and rogue type chars have always been one of my first go-tos

6. My question regarding this is does the exp that you need to level scale as the higher you go in the level up to 100? .

7. For factions, if I'm fighting another faction I'm assuming it will cause me to become KOS to the guards and people inside the town? Can I mess up my faction or standing with the cities prematurely. Like is there something I should be aware of before destroying faction standing with another faction?

8. Does this primarily come from the silver bags and silver drops or is it from items you need to safely take back to bank to sell?
      Tried to reply with not a wall of text, but oh well.

1. Battleaxe was bad before rebalance and now dumpster tier, Greataxe is only good for farming because of how easy it is to interrupt its and E is channeled spell, Halbert is meh for small groups and terrible for solo because you need to gather people on yourself (about 3) to make use of its skills and with guardian helm meta you can't make a lot of it's dot damage, Bearpaws have awkward E you need to use to get on target, Carrion caller is utility weapon with utility spell you probably find useless (standtime, delay, short duration, meh aoe width, speed of travel — your party would appreciate tank/CC weapon much more), Infernal scythe is meh because delay on second hit E which can be avoided.

All around axes suck because damage over time portion of it's total DPS, players just use saves, or worse, reflect and you take that damage yourself. Guardian helm meta in small fights ruins it, healers have spells to fix it, staying on targets is hard because no free dash or constant speed boost (like swords) and useless utility.
      There was one fun ganking build with greataxe, specter jacket, quarriers boots, but this is it.

I started with battleaxe, then greataxe, then halbert and later tried test of the tree and it was Really Bad.
      And axes are terribly easy to kite with some slow or movement skill. Daggers have shadow edge and can stack q skill out of range or use -armor melee hit q skill (high damage + good utility for team + stacks with other -res effects), swords have movement boost on q and so on.

2. Arena shows you about equal item power and people there don't have much of experience. It is good to feel builds and get starting capital.

3. Yeah, not reacting to visuals like hunter hood reflect can cost you ~800k if you try t7 in open world even if you face some t4 newbie (btw t4-5 or even 6 is dirt cheap and you yoursekf can be that newbie baiting for burst in reflect by the way).

4. Swords: Carving, dualswords, broadsword, claymore. All great, all useful.

5. Only deathgivers are close to this niche, expensive and require a lot of farming to have decent effect.

6. Open destiny board, look at some specific weapon with at least 1 level, press on level near exp bar. There you can see exact required fame for maxing it out. "Free" fame and fame you get from mobs, it is explained well there.

7. You can't enter hostile factions cities and hostile to their faction players and this is it.
      29 sec or so to drop it and be neutral again, no standing consequences. Guards near cities can be killed.

8. Loot, with some dedication you can farm veteran condemned chest in basement of Undead graveyard (2 chests with no guards, used to be sort of pvp arena, chests drop about 35k silver, runes and able to drop any gear or artifact arts) or other group static dungeon chests for silver(specific expensive builds, YT should have guides).
      Other and better ways are solo dungeons, chests you can see on world map, statues near some chests on world map and diving ganking.
      Bold gets the gold rule here.
    • Vesen wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Tried it again.

9 attempts
      9 ganks
      net loss of coin

Gained fame

Neat
      Skip first level of dungeon, don't activate any shrines or kill mobs and in 95% tries you won't get ganked.Plot twist: solo dungeons are for ganking and baiting ganks.

Played around with it a bit. Couple of duels went well. Did a red dungeon. No heals makes it tough. Didn't bump into anyone. Killed one boss but couldn't kill the last one