we need to talk to the island.

• we need to talk to the island.

a thread for discussions and suggestions for improvements.

(i used google upset to help translate into english)

we need to think together about how we can improve the experience and benefits of having an island.

1. what is the purpose of having a repairman, spend hundreds of thousands to upgrade and in the end, the repairman in the city will be the same value and t8?

2. what is the purpose of having some specific areas that limit the possibilities and efficiency of something?

ex: there are 5 areas of fertile soil, but it is impossible to grow food and feed animals at the same time. in addition to being practically obliged to wait for the focus to be able to yield something. practically lose all other areas (8-10) because I only need the saddlery (or woodcutter / leather)

and I bet that in all other works it follow the same pattern... you cant be good or efficient in a profession... you can’t use all the spaces as you wish, you’re obliged to wait for the focus to make some money.

"but you can buy someone else's ingredients" no, friend. the price will be more expensive than the final product. make no sense.

only those who profit or have fun with islands ... are those who have 2, 3 or more islands. that's not fair. not everyone enjoys having it all. only one should be enough for you to be able to make money and have fun.

moreover, if it is possible to "cheat" and profit from several islands. why is it impossible to do with just one? or make several characters just to enjoy 30k focus each?

I don't know guys, none of this seems correct, to be honest. I believe with all my heart that the entire island system should be overhauled.

***what's the point of this, guys? nothing works on a solo island. no benefit for a solo player (not even repair), no money than just the primary items. this is not fun.***
      Images
      • Screenshot_2.jpg

26.85 kB, 465×147, viewed 24 times
    • +

"you can have workers"

guys seriously, who will be able to gather 30, 50 diaries to put EVERY DAY on workers? to get 10 resources each?

ok i can buy diaries, that I’ll use on workers who didn’t make their own diary.

everything is breaking in the island system.

developers need to look at this.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

I make close to a million silver a day off of my islands. And millions more off those that I rent. You're just bad.
      I call bullshit that you make a million silver a day, every day off ONE island.

Also, calling the guy a bad player for trying to create a discussion thread about islands and possible ways to improve them, just shows what an ass you are.
      [RAX] ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

I call bullshit that you make a million silver a day, every day off ONE island.
      Islands are fine. They're probably overpowered tbh. Everything you base your argument on is wrong.

ygorlaw wrote:

what is the purpose of having a repairman, spend hundreds of thousands to upgrade and in the end, the repairman in the city will be the same value and t8?
      There isn't, don't build that. Repair guy was a holdover from the old black zone city plots and doesn't have a purpose anymore.

ygorlaw wrote:

what is the purpose of having some specific areas that limit the possibilities and efficiency of something?
      Because that keeps you from using 100% of your personal island for farms, or god forbid a guild island, which helps regulate the price of farmed products.

ygorlaw wrote:

"but you can buy someone else's ingredients" no, friend. the price will be more expensive than the final product. make no sense.
      It's 100% viable to buy ingredients to craft, and if you're losing money on the craft growing your own crops doesn't magically make it profitable since you could have just sold those crops for more silver.

ygorlaw wrote:

only those who profit or have fun with islands ... are those who have 2, 3 or more islands. that's not fair. not everyone enjoys having it all. only one should be enough for you to be able to make money and have fun.

moreover, if it is possible to "cheat" and profit from several islands. why is it impossible to do with just one? or make several characters just to enjoy 30k focus each?
      This is completely false. One island can support up to 5 farm plots and 33 laborers. That's plenty to make good silver. If you're bad you won't make any silver from any number of islands.

ygorlaw wrote:

"you can have workers"

guys seriously, who will be able to gather 30, 50 diaries to put EVERY DAY on workers? to get 10 resources each?

ok i can buy diaries, that I’ll use on workers who didn’t make their own diary.
      Have you heard of Bogul? He's super rich and got that way from buying journals and processing them. He has so many laborers that he pays other people to run them for him.

In conclusion, islands aren't bad, they're OP. You just don't know how to use them.
    • If a person opts for laborers, it doesn't necessarily need a personal island to do that, the cheaper option is to make an alt character and base a guild on it and create a guild island and build a guild hall here, it costs around 200-300k in total, and the guild hall can accommodate 15 laborers.This way you can easily create 10, 20 alt characters(guilds and guild islands/halls), depending on how many workers you want to use.
      So if I don't want to farm and I just want laborers then there's no reason for a personal island.
      But that doesn't change the fact that a personal island isn't profitable!
      I have a few and I use them to grow flowers that are harvested by my alt characters (without focus) - to complete the monthly challenge - extra profit, and from the flowers I make potions, I come out far cheaper to buy lost seeds (harvesting without focus) , like buying flowers straight from the market!
      I'm primarily Crafter, and personal islands i have only for side profit and completing monthly challenges on my alt characters.
      But having a personal island/islands isn't a bad thing! ;)
    • I have always wanted the ability to stitch together multiple islands into one mega island. Serious farmers are already hopping from island to island, but wasting extra precious time to commute. Give me the freedom to define where my fields are, where my slaves go, where the trees grow. Give me my farmville.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • I had a bunch of gold from my founders pack and when I restarted late last year I poured most of it into maxing my island. Back in beta I came to believe it's all about getting to max # of farm plots and grinding the farm type skills and I still think it's true. I have buildings on all the other plots of course but their % of contribution is nowhere near the value of what the farm plots produce. I dont think I have quite made back what I spent but in another month or two I should be in profit. It does require focus but the leverage on focus that islands provide is really nice. For ex after maxing herbalism I can water a full plot of foxglove for like 3k focus.