Charity Pack no longer available?

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

SBI is bad with dates. When they say it will be until the 30th, they mean the 29th.
      May be its coth until 30 is 29? Coth the 30 is not until 30, but exactly 30...
      And if it will be available at 30, why its not "until 31?".
      Its like you will live until your death. By your logic mean you will live at the same time when you r dead.
      Hmmm, actually it is kinda true for some ppl. May be you r right.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

SBI is bad with dates. When they say it will be until the 30th, they mean the 29th.
      May be its coth until 30 is 29? Coth the 30 is not until 30, but exactly 30...And if it will be available at 30, why its not "until 31?".
      Its like you will live until your death. By your logic mean you will live at the same time when you r dead.
      Hmmm, actually it is kinda true for some ppl. May be you r right.
      Is until exclusive tho? Many people think it isn't so I'm not the only one on that boat. The problem here is ambiguity! Normally the word until is inclusive, unless it's related to absence, in that case it's exclusive.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Someone explained to me that normally their date announcements are made for "until the maintenance of day X" so I suppose that's when it was taken out. It was simply not clear enough for someone who has not been playing for a long time
    • I agree that it is necessary to write more clearly. The easiest way to write:
      04/29/2020 10:00 UTC

This is not difficult and clear for sure.

But I also know that it is common for people to interpret such moments in a direction favorable to them.
      For example, if you say that the experience bonus will last until April 30, then many people will be outraged by the end of April 29 at 23:59.

But at the same time, if you write all the players will receive the rewards of the season untill April 30, many players will come to demand to give out their rewards immediately after April 29 23:59

Any way, if the date will be described more clear with utc time, the problem will be solved.

BTW your "source 2" is about it. Its pretty clear, this "untill" is just not so clear word, but more likely or probably. So i just think no one can be sure which way is 100% correct in ours contexts.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• If I was reading a contract, "Until the 30th" means up to and through the 29th, ending as the 29th does.

If I read it in an advert, I'd assume it means through the 30th, ending as the 30th does.

So, they are wrong or right either way.

They should start standardizing it to "From downtime of <date> to the downtime of <date>", because that is generally what it is anyhow.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper