The Shifting Staff - New Nature Staff Idea! Really cool!

• The Shifting Staff - New Nature Staff Idea! Really cool!

E Ability - Shape-shifters Rage: For the next 8s, you shape shift into a spectral direwolf, gaining 20% lifesteal and increasing your movement and attack speed by 50%. While in spectral wolf form you cannot cast spells however, your basic attacks deal an additional 35 magic damage and inflict a bleed effect on the target which stacks 3 times. The bleed inflicts 5 true damage per 0.5 sec and lasts for 2s. Bleed damage is multiplied by 1.5 for each additional stack. Enemies affected by the bleed receive their healing reduced by 20% and movement speed reduced by 7% regardless of the stack number.

Cooldown: 40 seconds
      Ability: Toggled

:D :thumbup: clap <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by SeekorBefound ().

• I was also thinking a Stormseer Staff

E Ability: Ancestral Hurricane

Call upon the ancient forces of nature to conjure a 6m radius hurricane in the targeted direction. Gale force winds sweep the battlefield, healing allies for 40 per second while unleashing chain lightning upon enemies every 3 seconds dealing 200 damage and stunning enemies for 1 second. Enemies caught in the storm have their movement speed and healing reduced by 15%. Cannot be interrupted. Lasts for 6 seconds.

Channeled Ability
      40 sec cooldown

The post was edited 1 time, last by SeekorBefound ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

So a worse 1h dagger?
      Really just the concept. I am not very good at coming up with stuff but basically yes, a dumbed down version of the dagger to give nature the versatility of dps in the hunter tree without being overpowered. Just adds another element to the nature which I think would be cool. Having a DPS increased E or something for chasing if you wanna solo PVP outside of great nature.
    • Haha! It's just an idea! What if it was more like...

E Ability: Shapeshifters Rage: For the next 8s, you shape shift into a spectral direwolf, increasing your movement speed by 60%. While in spectral wolf form you cannot cast spells however, your next basic attack roots the target for 3 seconds and deals 255 magic damage. Additionally, enemies bit in wolf form are silenced for 2 seconds. 40% of the damage is returned as life steal. After landing one basic attack, you revert to your original form. Cannot be purged.

Cooldown: 30 sec
      Ability: Self-Target Buff

The post was edited 5 times, last by SeekorBefound ().

• Lol Holliwood. Quit sippin on Haterade. The idea is cool. What you obviously dont get is the archetype that is nature. Nature isnt just healing. Its destructive. 1h dagger has a life steal paired with merc jacket and spectre jacket that's three sustained heals outputting consistent damage. There is no reason other than being a whiney baby as to why something like this shouldn't be implemented. Of course it doesnt have to be exactly that. I'm sure the dev's could balance the skill out and make it usuable so that druid can be more versatile in terms of the role it chooses to play in groups.
    • SeekorBefound wrote:

Lol Holliwood. Quit sippin on Haterade. The idea is cool.
      That's your opinion. I personally don't like it.

SeekorBefound wrote:

What you obviously dont get is the archetype that is nature. Nature isnt just healing. Its destructive.
      The almost complete lack of offensive spells on nature staffs would like to disagree.

SeekorBefound wrote:

There is no reason other than being a whiney baby as to why something like this shouldn't be implemented.
      Or because it doesn't really fit the class, would mean that you'd need to come up with another weapon for each line as it wouldn't make sense for nature to have 7 and everyone else have 6, and frankly doesn't seem useful when I can run an actual DPS or healing weapon.

SeekorBefound wrote:

It is an idea, from a fan of the druid archetype. That is it. For fun. For fans of druids. For the concept. Shits and giggles. Dont get your panties in a wad.
      Funny, because it's in the suggestions forum, so I think it's reasonable to assume this is a suggestion.
    • @Fred_the_Barbarian For you my lurking troll friend. Below are examples of multiple druid archetypes from many MMORPG's that had the ability to fill whatever role they want and were shapeshifters because that's what druids do.

Diablo 2 Druid - transforms into a werewolf and a bear

World of Warcraft - do I even need to?

Nidalee from League of Legends - Healing abilities, "beasital huntress", shapeshifting ability/healing ability with roots or traps and a spear. Very druidy and also beastlordish (EQ which you probably never played since you didn't think 'destruction' is compatible with nature xD) what a dweeb.. which leads to...

Everquest 1 Druid - almost always stayed in wolf form for travel and even when healing

Everquest 2 Druid - lion and bear shapeshift form for damage

DC Universe Online - Nature Power

Lord of the Rings online has a shapeshifting druid/fighter class Beorn

And the one that started them all dude... D&D Druid shapeshifted in both BG and online.

Go crawl back to your hole now.
    • I'm the douche?! Dude you are a total douchebag going around all these forums spewing negative bs and you call ME a douche for informing you sarcastically after being patronized? And to clarify, you said the ability did not fit the class, not that Albions take on a druid is different than normal. Eat my nuts bro. Bye.

The post was edited 2 times, last by SeekorBefound ().